is my body done...even though I'm not?!

Options
My story: I have lost a total of 102lbs and would like to lose another 12lbs!! I am 5'3" @ weigh 123.8lbs right now with a goal of 112lbs (my healthy range is 107-121lbs). I have decided that I would stop before then IF I was happy with where I was at...I'm not! From 5/4/11 until now, I have only lost 7.5lbs. I have also WAY slowed down on losing inches and body fat%.

What I have tried: I have tried UPPING my cals, UPPING my protein, LOWERING my carbs, increasing my days working out, increased my strength, increasing my cardio, zig-zagging, and having a spike day....with very LITTLE progress over the past 6 months!!!

Is my body done losing lbs and inches? What else might I try that I haven't yet? Any ideas, suggestions, or comments would be greatly appreciated...thanks!!!

Tara:smile:

Replies

• poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Open up your diary.
  • misty589
    misty589 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    what about weight training? you may not lose anymore lbs, maybe even gain, but will change the shape of your body
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and would love to be your weight!
  • LilacLizabeth
    LilacLizabeth Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Try focusing on weight training and not pound losing. I suggest your body is stable at this weight.
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Open up your diary.

sorry...it was open to friends...I just opened it to public :)
  • tjradd73
    Options
    what about weight training? you may not lose anymore lbs, maybe even gain, but will change the shape of your body

I have done a stint of JM Shred and Ripped in 30...I lost a decent amount of inches with shred...but gained lbs. and I lost a few lbs with ripped but not quite as many inches!! I do 2 days/week of ST right now along with 3 days of cardio :)
  • mommy2b2
    Options
    This is what worked for me for the last 10 pounds. It even helped me surpass my goal weight. I follow some Biggest Loser contestants and one of them suggested this "change up" to speed up your weight loss. I was amazed at how quickly it worked.
    Give it a try and let me know if it works for you.

This is what he suggested:

All you can manage is 24 hrs, that's it! No past, no future, just stay focused on 24 hrs. Try 400-500 calories for breakfast, 400-500 for lunch and 400-500, for dinner, no more, no less for two weeks. Walk a minimum of 30 mins, 60 would be great listening to music for two weeks. NO snacks. Drink 8 glasses of water every day. If you do that, you'll drop at least 5, good chance 10 and you might even surprise yourself and drop 15 lbs in two weeks. Try it, what do you have to lose...
  • tjradd73
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and would love to be your weight!

you are in the majority...I'm just not quite happy yet!!! :)
  • kbwdad
    kbwdad Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    From my own experience, the closer you get to your ideal weight the harder it is to lose it. Don't give up, you've done a great job, look back at your journals, focus like you never have. Calculate your calorie intake, burned calories and BMR. I'm sure you have. Change up your meals to keep interest. Basically keep it up and I'll be routing for you.
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    When you get closer to the end, you lose it less quickly. It will still come off, just a lot more slowly. I know I was sad the first time I didn't see a whole pound come off. It will happen, just be patient, and be extremely proud of what you have accomplished. That is truly amazing!
  • tjradd73
    Options
    This is what worked for me for the last 10 pounds. It even helped me surpass my goal weight. I follow some Biggest Loser contestants and one of them suggested this "change up" to speed up your weight loss. I was amazed at how quickly it worked.

All you can manage is 24 hrs, that's it! No past, no future, just stay focused on 24 hrs. Try 400-500 calories for breakfast, 400-500 for lunch and 400-500, for dinner, no more, no less for two weeks. Walk a minimum of 30 mins, 60 would be great listening to music for two weeks. NO snacks. Drink 8 glasses of water every day. If you do that, you'll drop at least 5, good chance 10 and you might even surprise yourself and drop 15 lbs in two weeks. Try it, what do you have to lose...

interesting way of looking at it...simplify!!! did you work out on top of the walking at all? did you sub any other cardio for the walking? how spread out did you make your meals??
  • tjradd73
    Options
    thanks guys....just 6lbs in 6 months!!! I would be happy with even 0.5lbs/week (2lbs/month) at this point!!!
  • mommy2b2
    Options

interesting way of looking at it...simplify!!! did you work out on top of the walking at all? did you sub any other cardio for the walking? how spread out did you make your meals??

I went to the gym 3-4 nights a week for an hour of Zumba and on the days I didn't, I did 30 minutes of walking. I ate breakfast at around 8 or 9, lunch at noon and supper around 5:30-6. The toughest part for me was the no snacks. But after the first day it was fine. It is the exact same amount of calories (1200) as I was always eating, but it just seems to "trick" your body into thinking you are doing something completely different. I was SHOCKED how quickly the weight came off, because technically I was already in my healthy weight range. Give it a try!
  • tjradd73
    Options
    mommy-thanks!! def worth a try...I would love to see these last lbs vanish!!
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options

I went to the gym 3-4 nights a week for an hour of Zumba and on the days I didn't, I did 30 minutes of walking. I ate breakfast at around 8 or 9, lunch at noon and supper around 5:30-6. The toughest part for me was the no snacks. But after the first day it was fine. It is the exact same amount of calories (1200) as I was always eating, but it just seems to "trick" your body into thinking you are doing something completely different. I was SHOCKED how quickly the weight came off, because technically I was already in my healthy weight range. Give it a try!

I like this! Kinda sounds like IF 16/8. :)
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary since the first of the month. I would recommend to get your protein up. Like over 100, keep your carbs below 100 and work on getting your sugar down.
  • tjradd73
    Options
    I looked at your diary since the first of the month. I would recommend to get your protein up. Like over 100, keep your carbs below 100 and work on getting your sugar down.

thanks...I was trying not to do this by low carbing though...wanted something I could maintain for the rest of my life, ya know?! right now I shoot for 70g protein and less then 200g carbs...which I have OK with, but I think I will just focus on those numbers until I get to them everyday, and then maybe try upping and lowering then a bit more :)
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    I think focusing on a number is going to drive you crazy for no good reason.

Instead focus on how you feel and look. Do strength training to tone up certain areas of your body.
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    For someone like you who has had the drive and determination to lose 102 pounds, I am positive that not being able to lose that last 12 pounds has nothing to do with you not trying hard enough. To me, you look very thin in your photo. Maybe your body is done because you don't have any more to lose. How tall are you? Congratulations on a job well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • tjradd73
    Options
    I think focusing on a number is going to drive you crazy for no good reason.

Instead focus on how you feel and look. Do strength training to tone up certain areas of your body.

thanks :) I have been focusing on other areas lately....like where I wanna lose more inches, and lowering my estimated body fat%...and I think I have a pretty decent balance of cardio to stength...but maybe I do need to add just a bit more ST?!?!?!