Mother of 2 getting back to the body I used to have

Options
Well, I have 2 kids (one 2 and a half and one 6 months old) and looking in the mirror the other day realized I really let myself go. So now its time to buckle down and get the body I used to have back or even better, try to get a better one that before I had my kids. I lost all of the pregnancy weight but anyone who has had a baby can tell you that things just do not hang the same after having kids.

Replies

• Elixandra
    Elixandra Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Im in the same boat. Im trying to lose the rest of the weight but from my first one I had. Im hoping to get my body back too. Its going to be some hard work but darn it we are worth it!
  • LittleMe2Be
    LittleMe2Be Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Mine are 10 and 12...I'm on the road, not quite there, but definitely heading in the right direction. I say that I want my pre-Bobby body back! Bobby being my eldest. It kills me that I gained a lot of weight while pregnant with him, lost every ounce, and 2 weeks later found out I was pregnant with my second...I want this to be my forever diet.
  • jenlayport
    jenlayport Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    you CAN do it! I was in the same boat, and once you get the mindset, you can do anything you want. Believe me, if I can, you sure as heck can. =] Good luck on your journey!
  • Peppychristian
    Peppychristian Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I am with you. I am a mother of three. Unfortunately, I gained a good amount of weight after college before I even had kids. I lost the baby weight fairly easily with the first two but haven't with the third. My body is completely out of whack and I want to do something about it.
  • heaverchell
    heaverchell Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Wow this sounds so much like me except my 1st child is 7 1/2 and my baby turns 6 months tomorrow. It's a long road but you don't have to do it alone. You can do this... Just remember to keep looking ahead and take it one day at a time.

If you are looking for support/motivation, feel free to add me. Always great to have friends that are going through the same things. And Congrats on the baby :flowerforyou:
  • hairspraymafia
    hairspraymafia Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you! Our kids are the same age, too! I find myself at my pre-baby weight, but I've lost all tone I had before! I guess running after my 2y.old isn't enough of a strength workout! Good luck with your goals! :)