What you should weigh based on frame size?

Options
http://www.icb2001.com/What_You_Should_Weigh.asp#return

this is interesting, so if you have a large bone structure you will weigh more even though you may not look as heavy.
and if you have a small one then you weigh lighter but might look bigger than someone whos the same height and weight (but may be medium / large framed)

It shows you what BMI weight range for you, then a little lower shows what weight you should be based on Bone frame size.

Let me know what you think.

Replies

• Deckershann
    Deckershann Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    woahhhh it told me my frame size was LARGE?! My wrist is 5.75inches in diameter. It says I should weigh between 131 lbs. and 147 lbs. WTF.
  • brooke0206
    brooke0206 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!!
  • Promqueen_74932
    Promqueen_74932 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    "For a female with a wrist circumference of 6 ins. and height of 5 ft.7 ins. your body frame size is classified as LARGE.

According to the Body Mass Index (BMI) calculations you should weigh between 119 lbs. and 158 lbs..
    BMI does not take into account body frame size. It includes only weight in relation to height in assessing risk to health. The formula is weight(measured in kgs) divided by height²(measured in meters).

A person with a large frame size may be given a more adverse weight profile under BMI than a person with a medium or small frame size because of a naturally heavier frame which may not be related to fat.

According to the Met Tables you should weigh between 143 lbs. and 163 lbs..
    These measurements do take into consideration body frame size. They are also based on persons with the lowest mortality profile, aged 25 to 59. A deduction of 5 lbs for clothing and 1 inch for height should be made to your corresponding measurements. For example, you would add 5 lbs to your naked weight.

The Met Life tables provide comparison figures for height ranging from 5' 2" (157cms) to 6' 4" (193cms) for men; and 4' 10" (147cms) to 6' (182cms) for women. "

My goal is 155lbs. Then we will go from there. :-)
    Pretty neat!

Thanks for sharing!
    Sara
  • basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I got "large" frame size too and I have a 5" wrist. Ummm...I don't think so. BTW, I got "small" frame size based on elbow breadth measurement.
  • maygans
    maygans Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    This isn't accurate, it just says everything is a large frame size. Try putting in lower values (I went down to 1 inch and it still said large frame size...)

Edit: I was referring to the wrist measurement. It appears the elbow measurement does vary your results.
  • candicole007
    candicole007 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Very cool :)

Your Stats
    Frame size MEDIUM
    Elbow size 2.5 ins
    Height 5 ft. 3 ins
    Weight 146 lbs
    Return

What is your body frame size?
    For a female with an elbow size of 2.5 ins. and height of 5 ft.3 ins. your body frame size is classified as MEDIUM.

According to the Body Mass Index (BMI) calculations you should weigh between 103 lbs. and 141 lbs..

BMI does not take into account body frame size. It includes only weight in relation to height in assessing risk to health. The formula is weight(measured in kgs) divided by height²(measured in meters).

A person with a large frame size may be given a more adverse weight profile under BMI than a person with a medium or small frame size because of a naturally heavier frame which may not be related to fat.

According to the Met Tables you should weigh between 121 lbs. and 135 lbs..

These measurements do take into consideration body frame size. They are also based on persons with the lowest mortality profile, aged 25 to 59. A deduction of 5 lbs for clothing and 1 inch for height should be made to your corresponding measurements. For example, you would add 5 lbs to your naked weight.

The Met Life tables provide comparison figures for height ranging from 5' 2" (157cms) to 6' 4" (193cms) for men; and 4' 10" (147cms) to 6' (182cms) for women.
  • tickletickle
    Options
    where do u do you breadth? i do mine like this - fine the 3 elbow bones, dont use the main elbow but the 2 lower and i measure between those 2.
    Correct me if im wrong?

I got large for both ones.
    Also i have tried variables and it does change.
  • tickletickle
    Options
    Im personally glad im large frame as this means i look lighter even though i may weigh more, because that means my bones are heavier so i have less everything else than others my weight and height.
  • tickletickle
    Options
    woahhhh it told me my frame size was LARGE?! My wrist is 5.75inches in diameter. It says I should weigh between 131 lbs. and 147 lbs. WTF.

dont let the word LARGE freak you out, its just your bones, not you as a person. sounds right based on your wrist size.
  • maygans
    Options
    Just to clarify my above post in case people didn't see my edit, this web site does NOT accurately determine your frame size based only on inputting the wrist measurement. It appears the elbow measurement yields a result, but no matter what number you put in for the wrist measurement only, it will always say you have a large frame size (likely a problem with their code). Just a heads up.
  • tickletickle
    Options
    Just to clarify my above post in case people didn't see my edit, this web site does NOT accurately determine your frame size based only on inputting the wrist measurement. It appears the elbow measurement yields a result, but no matter what number you put in for the wrist measurement only, it will always say you have a large frame size (likely a problem with their code). Just a heads up.

i just checked it, and yea it was, maybe you need to refresh, i entered ( i do metric) 160cm, 15 cm wrist 70kgs = small
    but for me 163.5, 16 cm, 72kg = large
  • Deckershann
    Deckershann Posts: 272 Member
    Options

dont let the word LARGE freak you out, its just your bones, not you as a person. sounds right based on your wrist size.

Lol well I'm not freaked out. I just dismissed this instantly when it told me I should weigh 131-147. I weigh 105, and I'm not about to start packing on the pounds.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    I don't really know if I fall into medium or large. Before a gym had my body screened & they say I got medium-large bones but I don't really look that big.

My Stats are:
    Frame size MEDIUM-LARGE
    Wrist size: 6" (considered as MEDIUM)
    Elbow size 2.75" (considered as LARGE)
    Height 5 ft. 3 ins (1.60m)
    Weight 119.5 lbs (54.3kg)
    Ideal weight for my frame: 118-132

Not to mention that despite my height, I wear shoe sizes 8-10 (US/UK) or 40 (European) which is the same as with my sister who stands at 5'8".
  • tickletickle
    Options
    its just your bones, its not you on a whole, obviously who is 118lb isnt going to look big anyway... if you have larger bones it means you will weigh heavier and look smaller than others who weigh the same as you, as its mainly bone weight compared to their muscle/fat weight that makes them the same as you...
  • maygans
    Options
    "For a female with a wrist circumference of 1 ins. and height of 5 ft.3 ins. your body frame size is classified as LARGE."
    "For a female with a wrist circumference of 2 ins. and height of 5 ft.3 ins. your body frame size is classified as LARGE."
    "For a female with a wrist circumference of 3 ins. and height of 5 ft.3 ins. your body frame size is classified as LARGE."
    "For a female with a wrist circumference of 4 ins. and height of 5 ft.3 ins. your body frame size is classified as LARGE."
    "For a female with a wrist circumference of 5 ins. and height of 5 ft.3 ins. your body frame size is classified as LARGE."
    "For a female with a wrist circumference of 6 ins. and height of 5 ft.3 ins. your body frame size is classified as LARGE."
    (My favorite) "For a female with a wrist circumference of 0 ins. and height of 5 ft.3 ins. your body frame size is classified as LARGE."

I just tried all of these after going to a fresh page. So again, as a heads up to anyone looking to use this website, it is not accurate and do not trust the results when only using the wrist measurements.
  • tickletickle
    Options
    "For a female with a wrist circumference of 1 ins. and height of 5 ft.3 ins. your body frame size is classified as LARGE."
    "For a female with a wrist circumference of 2 ins. and height of 5 ft.3 ins. your body frame size is classified as LARGE."
    "For a female with a wrist circumference of 3 ins. and height of 5 ft.3 ins. your body frame size is classified as LARGE."
    "For a female with a wrist circumference of 4 ins. and height of 5 ft.3 ins. your body frame size is classified as LARGE."
    "For a female with a wrist circumference of 5 ins. and height of 5 ft.3 ins. your body frame size is classified as LARGE."
    "For a female with a wrist circumference of 6 ins. and height of 5 ft.3 ins. your body frame size is classified as LARGE."
    (My favorite) "For a female with a wrist circumference of 0 ins. and height of 5 ft.3 ins. your body frame size is classified as LARGE."

I just tried all of these after going to a fresh page. So again, as a heads up to anyone looking to use this website, it is not accurate and do not trust the results when only using the wrist measurements.

hahaha must be playing up again then, maybe just stick to the elbow breadth, thanks for that!!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    its just your bones, its not you on a whole, obviously who is 118lb isnt going to look big anyway... if you have larger bones it means you will weigh heavier and look smaller than others who weigh the same as you, as its mainly bone weight compared to their muscle/fat weight that makes them the same as you...

I agree. Aside from that, my body naturally leans on the muscular side so unless I have a terminal illness, its impossible for me to have weight range of 45-50kgs (100-110 lbs.) because my lean body mass alone weigh just a slight below 100 lbs. Anyway I really don't like to be stick thin either.
  • LosingIt2WIN
    LosingIt2WIN Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I do have a large frame and am very muscular. This Met life assesment is about right for me as I look my best between 150-160. If I go below 150 I lose my curves.
  • tickletickle
    Options

I agree. Aside from that, my body naturally leans on the muscular side so unless I have a terminal illness, its impossible for me to have weight range of 45-50kgs (100-110 lbs.) because my lean body mass alone weigh just a slight below 100 lbs. Anyway I really don't like to be stick thin either.

did it tell you, that you need to be 100-110? it normally states heavier weights if you have a larger frame? like my BMI weight range is like 46 -67kgs but my one on this is 62-70kg.
    And yip i have big feed too!! im a size 9 sometimes 10, and im only 163.5/about 5ft4 or less.
    Maybe feet size is a telltail sign too???
  • SheriG9
    SheriG9 Posts: 62
    Options
    Very interesting! I agree totally with the estimate it gave me. The formula says I am large boned, and at 5'4" should weigh 134-151. My goal is 150.

Question is...can a 42 year old mother of nine lose 125 pounds while going to school full time? Hmmmmm.

Sheri