30 day shred

Options

Replies

• abbylove08
    abbylove08 Posts: 215
    Options
    i just ordered my DVD, should be waiting in my mailbox when I return from the beach (!!)

does the DVD come with some basic "instructions?" like, when to move to the next level?

i cant wait to start!!!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    i just ordered my DVD, should be waiting in my mailbox when I return from the beach (!!)

does the DVD come with some basic "instructions?" like, when to move to the next level?

i cant wait to start!!!
    I don't think it does, but I'm splitting it up 10/10/10. I take 1-2 rest days on each level.
  • BrodiesMom
    Options
    i love the 30 day shred!

the idea is you move on the next level when the level you're on gets easy, depending on your current fitness level it could take a while or you could be ready right away (i have heard from some people that level one's not much of a challenge at all, but i disagree, i think it's a great work out)

i've also heard it really helps tone more than it helps lose weight, i think that also depends on how much weight you have to lose, i think the more weight you have to lose the more likely you'll get big results from the 30 day shred, if you're on your last couple of pounds you're more likely to tone muscles and not lose the weight (just my opinion)

i'd done it for about a week - then i was sick so i took about 4 days off - and then i started it up again once i was better and have "restarted" and am on day 4, again i love it because it makes me sweat and work hard and i feel refreshed and energetic afterward! it sets me up for a day of playing with/keeping up with my little one year old :)
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    how long/ how many days did you do level 1 for before moving on to level 2? and how often do you do the 30 day shred for?

I think you are supposed to do 10 days on each level.

I'm only doing the DVD M-W-F and am going to do two weeks of each level.... Well, that's the plan as of right now.... I just did my second week of level one this morning, and I think I *may* need to do another week of it. IDK, maybe I'll do each level three weeks, but I'll decide on Friday for sure.

I think just do what you're comfortable with.... Although not TOO comfy, since we do want to be shredded!! LOL.
  • pipinana
    Options
    i love it because it makes me sweat and work hard and i feel refreshed and energetic afterward! it sets me up for a day of playing with/keeping up with my little one year old :)

I'm totally starting to feel refreshed and energetic after the w/o too! Today was the first day of week two on level one.... Usually I'm a B on Monday when I get into work :blushing: but today, I'm in such a good mood! :smile: I'm loving it! Plus, my DH over the w/e was like "where's your butt going?" :happy: Made me feel wicked good!
  • Kimono
    Kimono Posts: 367
    Options
    Did it this morning, my plan is to do it 20 times this month. Going to Vegas May 1st, wanna look good.
  • pipinana
    Options
    OMG, you totally look good NOW!!! hubba hubba!!! LOL

Seriously though..... You'll look like a million bucks by May 1.... For sure!! The guys might think you are one of the dancers! Better be careful!!! hahahhahahhahah j/k.......
  • pipinana
    Options
    LOL, posted twice..... I guess you really do look good!! ha
  • Kimono
    Kimono Posts: 367
    Options
    LOL, posted twice..... I guess you really do look good!! ha
    Ahh Thanks-I needed that.
  • csnealey
    csnealey Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Just got my 30 day shred dvd yesterday.:tongue: I am going to try it today and I'll let you know how it goes.:bigsmile:
  • pipinana
    Options
    Just got my 30 day shred dvd yesterday.:tongue: I am going to try it today and I'll let you know how it goes.:bigsmile:

OMG, have FUN!!! :bigsmile:
  • Living4Me
    Living4Me Posts: 33
    Options
    Okay Ladies, If you don't mind .. .I'm going to join this group. I ordered the DVD from Netflix. It should be arriving soon. I am hoping that the holiday weekend doesn't delay the arrival.

In the meantime, I am going to stream another one of her workouts on the Xbox. I have been doing the Couch to 5K for nearly 2 weeks. I had to do week 1 two times. Oh well. Gotta start somewhere.

I am noticing a lot of toning in my muscles and it's really nice to look in the mirror as I brush my hair and actually see some muscle outline instead of flab.

Yay!!
  • nhendri
    nhendri Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I have been doing 30 day shred for 3 weeks and I can feel and see differances. I havent felt this good since I was on my high school water polo team! I decided however to take it up a notch so I tryed her boost metabolism and no more trouble zones. OMG I didnt think I could sweat any more then I did it was awesome but def. a challenge absolutley Awesome!!!
  • csnealey
    Options
    I have been doing 30 day shred for 3 weeks and I can feel and see differances. I havent felt this good since I was on my high school water polo team! I decided however to take it up a notch so I tryed her boost metabolism and no more trouble zones. OMG I didnt think I could sweat any more then I did it was awesome but def. a challenge absolutley Awesome!!!

I have those same two also. I ordered them together. Of course, I'm starting with the shred:wink: .
  • pipinana
    Options
    Okay Ladies, If you don't mind .. .I'm going to join this group. I ordered the DVD from Netflix. It should be arriving soon. I am hoping that the holiday weekend doesn't delay the arrival.

In the meantime, I am going to stream another one of her workouts on the Xbox. I have been doing the Couch to 5K for nearly 2 weeks. I had to do week 1 two times. Oh well. Gotta start somewhere.

I am noticing a lot of toning in my muscles and it's really nice to look in the mirror as I brush my hair and actually see some muscle outline instead of flab.

Yay!!

Welcome! :) Good luck!! :wink:
  • pipinana
    Options

boost your metabolism? I'm going to check out that one for sure!
  • Living4Me
    Living4Me Posts: 33
    Options
    I did Jillian's Cardio Kick Box. It was good. I'm a novice to this working out stuff so it was nice. I earned a lot of calories but I ended up not using them all because I was so tired.

I wonder if it's a good idea to "bank" unused calories for the weekend. :ohwell:
  • csnealey
    Options

OMG, have FUN!!! :bigsmile:

Ok, so my two daughters and I did it last night and I sweated like crazy. It was a little rough for me, but not to bad. I'm really not that sore either (it must be from the christian yoga that I have been doing :laugh:). My oldest daughter hasn't been exercising that much and she is alot sorer than me :bigsmile:. I like it and plan to do it every other night :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • MyKids04
    MyKids04 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    wow i just did my first day on level one of 30 day shred... OMG!!!! i thought i was going to pass out half way through the dvd..anyone that has made it to level 2 your are amazing !!! Has anyone finished the dvd yet??

I did level 1 for the first time Wednesday night after work. I like working out when my husband is at work but I did not know he got off early and he walked in when I was 15 mins in and I was so embarassed because I felt like I was dieing.

But I will continue to do it. I am determined to get through all three. But those jumping jacks, I must buy some good sports bras. LOL
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I have used this DVD in the past. Once you get more advanced you can do 2 or 3 levels at a time. When I first got it I thought 25 mins was not enough for me so I started doing 2 levels at a time. 1 and 2 one day, rest one day, then 2 and 3, rest and so on. I have never done it two days in a row. I think it is important to rest your muscles to get better results. Then the second time around I did it I was doing 3 levels at a time. Both times I got great results. Challenge yourself when you are ready!! :flowerforyou: