Has any1 used EA active sports for wii or wii fit??

Options
Has anyone used any of those wii fitness games?
Ive just started this week using them constantly & want to know if anyone has lost weigh using them?
i dnt like the gym, i do do 30mins or more walk a day &sat or sun a 2 hr+ wlk.
but i get my cardio from these games, am i wasting my time with them?
i just feel more comfortable doing stuff in my house than anywhere else..

My body aches from the games so i must be doing sumthing right..
i am eating about 1300 cals a day & doing at least 90 mins on the game plus my 30min walk..

Anybodys pictures, results etc wld be a great help :) thanx

Replies

• jrditt
    jrditt Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    i just started using Just dance 2 on the wii and there is a noticeable difference in how i look in a week. I am trying to do 45 minutes a day which can burn over 300 calories. I have wii fit too but I just don't have as much fun with that and can't do it for as long.

Not saying you should buy a whole new game, just letting you know it's fun and since it's in my house I do it everyday.
  • bear_nakey
    bear_nakey Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I have the active sport 2 and I love it!! It's a nice workout as long as your doing the exercises right and not cheating!!! ;D
    Plus, they are pretty fun too!
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    The first workouts I ever did were EA Sports Active and EA Sports Active More Workouts. I did the 30 day plan on the first, and the 6 week plan on the second. I lost 20 pounds and ate around 1400 calories a day.
  • hayes1311
    hayes1311 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    thanx :-)
    sum1 has recommended that to me b4, i might see if i can get that too :-) that wld be a fun one to spice up my weekends! :-)
  • hayes1311
    Options
    Thanx ladies :-)

think i might ebay sum more of these games & try em out :-)
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    EA Sports Active feels like a good workout to me, some of the exercises leave me tired and sore. I never felt like I got much of a workout from Wii Fit, but with that I mostly just did the run and boxing. I think it could be useful along with your walks, I lost 100 lbs with pretty much just walking.
  • hayes1311
    Options
    Thanx :-)
    yeah the wii fit i wasnt sweating at all..

but ea active after 10mins im sweating & by the time i finish i normally do 3 sets of 30mins im completley exhausted!!
    all my muscle actually hurt, & i get angry with the wii for making me do more squats or lunges cos my legs hurt!! lol..
  • Leobaby
    Leobaby Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have Active 2 for PS3... I really like it! When I first got it, I didn't watched that much my diet and lost 15 lbs in something like 2 months... then when I left it I got the weight back but started eating more)... I was doing the 9 week program and at least 1 other workout per day, on resting days I did two of the other workouts.

Now I'm doing the 3 week Program before the 30 Day Shred and that's it. I just try to walk or jog while Active 2 is doing the final stretches so I'm ready for Jillian immediately afterwards. I started monitoring my calories intake in october 3, and started the shred/active 2 routine the 17th, and so far I've lost 9 pounds... not bad I think.

I would say it is great and fun, it is a great complement for the Shred I think!
  • hayes1311
    Options
    THANX, IM GONNA HAVE TO GET THAT ONE!! :_)
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I found Wii Fit useful for physio and building up the amount I can exercise. Exerbeat has a faster based workout with the Karate, boxercising and aerobics and latin dancing and also a slower paced stretching and Pilates section.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    When I started my weight loss two years ago, I started with the Wii. I had Wii Fit plus, EA Active and More Workouts, My Fitness Coach, and Golds' Cardio workout (it's a kickboxing game).I lost 20 lbs doing that and watching what I eat. I found the Fitness coach got my heartrate up the fastest, and EA active was great for overall.
    As I got fitter, I started to outgrow the games. They didn't feel as effective, challenging etc. So I then to exercise DVDs. When those didn't feel challenging anymore because my fitness improved, I joined the gym. That's where I'm at now.

I can totally say that those Wii games got me back on track. I am a sucker for anything that unlocks when I work out for so long, rewards me with little medals or a dancing balance board, or tracks my progress (hense the reason I love this site so much).
  • KimR87
    KimR87 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    yesterday i bought the ea active game and the zumba game for the wii and i definately think they will work at least for awhile. I actually had fun doing them and im kind of sore today.
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I use wii fit plus a cpl times a week. I just got the calorie burner pack to go with it (has a great 4 inch riser that puts a new spin on the step aerobics for me!). I'm sure there are lots of exercise programs, equipment, etc that are better but for this homebody with no desire to join a class, it works great! I just got Zumba for wii too and am psyched about it.