breaks while exercising?

Options
just curious ..is it okay to take breaks in between exercising equipment.. Like after the treadmill of 15 min i started taking a break before going on the stationary bike (about 5 or 10 min) . is that okay? or is it not good for my workout, thanks for any input ..

Replies

• prettyinpetite
    Options
    Your breaks should be short... about 30 seconds to a minute at the most in order to keep your heart rate up and avoiding injury. If you are genuinely tired and need of a break, take as long as you need but make sure you don't give up!
  • NostalgicDruid
    Options
    I agree with the above. What if you made your break just a slow walk on the treadmill before moving on?
  • BamaGurl47
    Options
    thanks for your suggestions .. appreciate it :)
  • dreambig_gohome
    dreambig_gohome Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I ALWAYS do some cardio and strength training during my workouts, it just really depends on whether I'm focusing on cardio or strength-training during the days. I tend to do a ten to fifteen minute jog, then do all of my strength training, switching between leg and arm exercises to keep any part from feeling overtaxed, then do a low-impact pilates ball routine and work my core, then finish with a 30-minute stationary bike ride. This helps smooth out the need for breaks.

I would seriously consider adding some kind of core workout in between your cardio shifts to help if you need a longer break. It will help your legs rest up, engage your ab muscles and keep you moving on a lower impact cycle.

Hope that helps!
  • Keran24
    Keran24 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    It's fine to take a break if you need it but you will burn more calories if you move right into your next set.