30 Day Shred - Shall I do it?

Options
I've heard some very good things about the 30 day shred.. and I'm tempted to give it a go but first of all I'm wondering what sort of results you've all had..

Have you lost a lot of weight? or toned a lot?

Just general advice/tips would be nice

Oh and pics of before and after would be amazing :)

Replies

• MrsSpinks
    MrsSpinks Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I haven't finished mine yet, but have lost over 5lbs on it so far - also, even on days when you don't feel like it, you can muster the energy to do it as it's only 20 minutes!
  • lulukan
    lulukan Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Don't go by my weight loss (I have hypothyroid) but I fit into my clothes I wanted to fit into and you can see a start of a six pack. My daughter commented on my arm muscles the other day. My *kitten* is pretty firm too. I did 10 days of level 1, 10 of level 2 and I am still doing level 3 (more than 30 days). I am trying to add other workouts in now to step it up.

Overall I feel better and look better. Weight loss (for me) very disappointing.

Oh, when I first started day 1, I could not even do ONE push up on my knees!! (My 14 yr old son made fun of me) Now I can do quite a few REGULAR pushups- so I call that progress as well.
  • elizabethdear95
    Options
    it is SO worth it. I'm halfway done and i've lost 4 inches off my waist and 3 off my hips!
  • Giraffe33991
    Giraffe33991 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Great DVD! One of my faves!

First time I did it 30 days straight - 10 on level 1, 10 on level 2 10 on level 3 (I didn't do any rest days---it's only 22 minutes long). I lost 14.5 pounds and almost 9 inches that month!

It really helps! Good luck!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    a lot of people report INCHES lost, more than pounds. Slight muscle gain and overall definition and firmness, smaller clothing size, but not much of a scale difference.

So, yes, if you care about looking and feeling better and being strong and healthy, and improving endurance, and NOT about some arbitrary number on a scale, do it!!
  • mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Wow you've all done really well.. did you just do it for 30 days or is it 30 days per stage?

I'm a bit lost to be honest about how it all works.. it seems hard to believe how quickly everyone can tone so much!
  • statia152
    statia152 Posts: 558
    Options
    I love it! I didn't lose a ton of weight, but lost huge inches in my waist and back. You can download it free. Just wait 45 seconds and click on regular download. Then bookmark the page for future use.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V04V4SX7
  • heaverchell
    heaverchell Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    This is one of those programs where you will probably lose more in inches than pounds right away. I think it's worth it and well it's only a 30 day program so why not try it. If you go into the success stories you can see ton's of before and after pictures.
  • mickipedia
    Options
    I love it! I didn't lose a ton of weight, but lost huge inches in my waist and back. You can download it free. Just wait 45 seconds and click on regular download. Then bookmark the page for future use.

is the free version the real thing?

It's only £5.99 from amazon.. bargain if the results are that good i think
  • statia152
    Options
    Wow you've all done really well.. did you just do it for 30 days or is it 30 days per stage?

I'm a bit lost to be honest about how it all works.. it seems hard to believe how quickly everyone can tone so much!

10 days each for 3 levels = 30 days.
  • MsKekeSoFocused
    MsKekeSoFocused Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    You should definitley do it!!! I just started Level 2 this week,but during level 1 I lost 14.7 inches overall..so far I have lost 9.4 pounds...But I do it twice a day.. I follow the beginners side in the morning and the advance side in the evening!!! I really think this is a great dvd and you should try it.. Good Luck
  • statia152
    Options

Yes, its all 3 levels. And yes, 5.99 is a bargain. I plan on buying this for my daughter-in-law to help her with her weight loss. You will need weights, and filled water bottles will work if you don't have real weights.
  • Sanvita58
    Sanvita58 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I am starting it on 1st Nov..add me if you need company...
  • mickipedia
    Options

Yes, its all 3 levels. And yes, 5.99 is a bargain. I plan on buying this for my daughter-in-law to help her with her weight loss. You will need weights, and filled water bottles will work if you don't have real weights.

That is a very good idea!! Did you use proper weights or water bottles?

I like that you're saving me money :)
  • Eponine7
    Eponine7 Posts: 161
    Options
    I lost 9.5 inches overall after the 30 DS--it was unbelievable. Definitely worth it. Plus you will fee great about yourself, knowing you completed a tough workout!!
  • mickipedia
    Options
    one more questions, how do you add the exercise to your diary? and did you eat back calories etc?
  • Fitfaery
    Fitfaery Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I add the 30 day shred to my diary as 20 mins circuit training. The only bit that sucks is that as the levels go up the calories burned on here remain the same, even though the levels are so much different,

I don't eat my exercise calories burned unless I have a night out/ naughty dinner, because if I got usedto eating my exercise calories all the time I wouldn't have any to fall back on if I was tempted.

However, people's bodies work in different ways...so up to you. :)

Do it, do it, do it !! x
  • statia152
    Options
    I actually used the large peanut butter jars for my weights, but on level 3 injured my elbow (tennis elbow from boxing with the jars). I am still healing a month plus later. I log it under circuit training. Per my dietitian, I do not eat back my exercise calories. But when I did double sessions, I did tend to eat an extra 200 cals. But I have 70 pounds to lose. She did say that I will have to eat back exercise cals when I get closer to my goal weight. Good Luck to you! Please pass along the link whenever you can. I don't think getting healthy should be expensive. ~ Statia (sounds like Stay - sha) XOXO
  • MsKekeSoFocused
    MsKekeSoFocused Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I use a HRM so my numbers are sometimes HIGHER then MFP, but you can log it under circuit training!!! I try not to eat back my excerise calories, because I dont seem to lose when I do..NOW, if Im still hungry I will eat some back but not ALL, and I don't do that too often...