Young Bride to be!

Options
Hey all. I just started with Myfitnesspal earlier this week. Im 20 and have a wedding coming up next fall! Ive been struggling with my weight for years, and its time for a change! So if anyone could help me out with some ideas and pointers that would be great! Definatly looking for people who can really help me through it all! My goal is 20lbs, but if i can do 30-40, that would be amazing!

Thanks!!

Ash

Replies

• WilliamsPeggy
    WilliamsPeggy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You can do it!
  • limorg
    limorg Posts: 15
    Options
    Hi!

Im getting married in May and want to look hot for my wedding! i have been on this site for 2 days and i know this is how im going to make it- use all the tools, upload a pic, write about yourself, go into chats...make it your life you will be in it 24/7 and every bit of chocolate you will want to eat- you will think twice cause you wonwant it on your calorie count!

Good luck, your welcome to add me as a friend if you need help :)
  • NicolioRussell
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. It's truly amazing :-)
  • PeaceLuvVeggies
    PeaceLuvVeggies Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Follow the instructions that MFP gives you to the T! It doesn't hurt to burn extra calories during exercise though =) Only weigh yourself once a week [I do mine on Friday mornings, after I shower, before I eat or anything else].

Just keep yourself motivated and it's okay if you cheat a day or two. A lot of people have temptations! I have two cheat days [Saturday and Sunday] and it keeps me well motivated to eat healthy the rest of the week.

Good luck! And welcome to MFP!
  • kristidem
    kristidem Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! As others have already posted, track every bit and bite of food that you eat and drink. The food database is gigantic and quite complete. Use the tools here online, the "friends" online, and any family, friends, and co-workers around you to help you on your journey. Also, make healthy choices a much as possible, and accept the days or times you chose the "treats". Write down the "treats" and move on.
  • aully
    aully Posts: 1
    Options
    Welcome!!! I also joined recently and am looking to lose those last pounds for our wedding in 3 months. It's going to be hard, I am hoping to get 15 pounds down in three months, kind of seems impossible.