Do you have a status stalker?

Options

Replies

• Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    The comments aren't bad, encouragement isn't bad

What makes a status stalker? When you have to send a message everytime to question a picture/status. lol
  • tobi459
    tobi459 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    my step-mom... not only does she like every status, she likes every comment we make and has to comment as well. Even when we are commenting on someone elses... DRIVES ME INSANE. lol
  • emy10284
    emy10284 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Never thought about it before but I do have one Facebook friend that always seems to "like" my statuses. Doesn't bother me personally. I think it's nice that someone is interested in what I have to say!! On MFP it's a bit different - those people who always comment on my posts tend to be the ones I am equally motivational towards so super support = super support !!

im "liking" you post lol
    btw- im being genuine not sarcastic
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I have one on Facebook. My boyfriend's Aunt. She 'likes' and comments on every post. I could post I ate poop for lunch and she'd 'like' it. It's creepy!
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    To the people who drop friends because they "like" things or comment...why post a status if you don't want people doing this? That doesn't make much sense to me...

On here, I try to give as many people as I can encouragement with comments but I personally don't like it when people comment like, "WTG" or "nice job" when they clearly didn't even read what you wrote.

On FB to have one person consistantly make ridiculous comments on everything you post (that usually have nothing to do with the status/link/photo) it gets very annoying, which is why I deleted my FB status stalker.
  • KnottyJen
    KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I have one. Here.

She'll be posting here now that I have. Sigh.

Doesn't count when I post first, Brett. :-P
  • BRANDYLYNETTE
    BRANDYLYNETTE Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE to have a status stalker on MYFITNESSPAL! Those are the ones who offer encouragement! They are interested in being motivated and offer encouragement! : ) At least myfitnesspal is something that is worthy....facebook....well....that is just play. YEs, I have both...but, try to spend it on myfitnesspal to keep myself motivated! :) Love it! : )
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    i have a few but i wouldnt have it any other way, they really help me :) xx
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    To the people who drop friends because they "like" things or comment...why post a status if you don't want people doing this? That doesn't make much sense to me...

On here, I try to give as many people as I can encouragement with comments but I personally don't like it when people comment like, "WTG" or "nice job" when they clearly didn't even read what you wrote.

On FB to have one person consistantly make ridiculous comments on everything you post (that usually have nothing to do with the status/link/photo) it gets very annoying, which is why I deleted my FB status stalker.

Well, THAT makes sense..if the person makes ridiculous comments or is weird and creepy!
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I have one. Here.

She'll be posting here now that I have. Sigh.

THERE YOU ARE!!!! Those new boxers you got fit you like a glove!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Doesn't count when I post first, Brett. :-P

Oh not you Jennifer.

THERE YOU ARE!!!! Those new boxers you got fit you like a glove!

There she is.

:grumble:
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Well after reading all these comments now I feel left out! I never get stalkers! No fair! *kicks rocks*
  • lizziebeth1028
    Options
    As far as on this site...I try to offer encouragement and comment as much as I can. But sometimes it's hard to keep up with everyone's day to day posts, I have a full life outside of MFP (as I know many of you do too!) And honestly, when I signed up I didn't know it was a social network...I signed up to use the free calorie counter and was immediately hooked on the functionality of this site and how user friendly it is! Later I realized that there was a social aspect to it. That being said I like my group of friends that I have on here and love seeing their posts!
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I'm mostly talking about Facebook really. On here, status stalkers are more than welcome for motivation!

But yeah, constant weird, creepy, and/or annoying comments on everything I post on FB is the worst. Especially if you don't really know the person that well, lol.
  • lizziebeth1028
    Options

Because some people can be wonderful in person but on the internet they are 'social networking challenged' - they don't quite have the etiquette of 'do's and dont's' worked out.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I just don't use FB and my stalkers went away.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    My 19 year old college son asked me not to be his FB status stalker! Apparently he doesn't want his mom 'liking' all his updates. Ha!
  • Being2befit
    Being2befit Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    i have Facebook staklers :/ or ppl will look me up from my business card at my bank and look me up on facebook scary!
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    my mom. if i post one something she always comments. Its a game to me now. i post stuff just to be posting to see what she says.

Same here......
  • JustEllieK
    JustEllieK Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Well for one.....i have a cousin who is CONSTANTLY!!!! saying hey what's up. And if it says i am online and i dont answer he will say hey are you there. And then a half hour later. Hey what's up AGAIN!!!! when i DO talk which is usually once or twice a day unless i am busy then its every other day. He is always talking about how depressed or upset or worried he is. Which is fine...but ALL THE TIME!!

SO status stalker yes. He has to post or comment on everything i post. Its annoying!