Cholesterol

Options
sjohnny
sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
I went to the doctor a couple weeks ago for what I've been calling my annual "you're too fat" visit. He said to keep up the good work. They called with my lab results yesterday. I was hoping my cholesterol would be around 200. It hasn't been under 200 in the past ten years or so and has been as high as 270ish. 159 total, 54 HDL, 91 LDL, 44 triglycerides. I was shocked.

Replies

• reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    That is terrific, keep up all your hard work it is paying off!
  • michelleion
    michelleion Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    That is so fantastic, well done!!
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    That is a huge drop!
  • manifestinghappiness
    Options
    Good Job! That's fantastic work.
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy for you! Keep up the great work! :)
  • sjohnny
    Options
    Thanks, everyone!

I had to have her repeat the total number as I was really expecting 190s at best. If I remember right it was in the 240s or so a year ago. I just started actually watching what I eat and exercising in July of this year.
  • brushe
    brushe Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Fantastic results. I'm in the same boat. 180-225 Last checked at 200 on 10/7. It good to hear of your success.
  • sjohnny
    Options
    At least now I know it's doable.
  • jknops2
    jknops2 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I had the same experience, lost 35lb and my cholesterol dropped way down. I was on statins for 7 years, and stopped needing it.
  • 1953Judith
    1953Judith Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I have my physical next week. I have worked hard to drop my cholesterol. I hope I have great results like you!
  • sjohnny
    Options
    I have my physical next week. I have worked hard to drop my cholesterol. I hope I have great results like you!

Good luck.

My doctor has told me almost every visit for the past ten years that I should start taking cholesterol medicine and high blood pressure medicine. I told him I wasn't going to because I knew why it was high and I knew I could change it. It just took me a while to get there. I finally got really serious in July of this year and have lost almost 30 pounds and have worked out almost every day. The hard work is definitely paying off.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!