Law Student

Options
Hi everybody! Recently started my journey to a healthy weight and lifestyle. As a law student, I spend most of my day sitting and reading - so I am loving my runs and morning workouts! Would love some friends on here for motivation and support!

Replies

• inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    I'm a law student as well, in my 2nd year.
    I'll definitely add you as a friend!

I do a lot of sitting and reading too. Ugh.
  • karoumee
    karoumee Posts: 100
    Options
    law student too 3rd year!
    u can add me as friend and we can support each other :)
  • JaredBergeron
    JaredBergeron Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Not a law student, but in my masters program (better late than never I guess) glad to help if i can!
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    I finished law school 15 years ago. Trust me when I tell you this....you likely have more spare time in law school than you will once you become an attorney...especially once you add a family. So, practicing good habits through law school will help you continue them after graduation. Good luck to you. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like.
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I'm a 2L! Yesterday, I sat in the same classroom ALL DAY, because we had a meeting right after my first class, and my later class is in the same place. It was like a sitting marathon.

Felt so good to hit the gym last night!
  • kallenspach
    kallenspach Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the support! There's no time like the present!
  • kallenspach
    kallenspach Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling - after running for a few weeks now, my legs get all crampy when I'm in class allllll day. But the exercise will be a great stress-reliever during finals!
  • amandae79
    amandae79 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I work in a Law office and sit on my butt all day, except when I have to get up and file or let the attorneys know a client is here. Feel free to add me too.
  • CTBEINS
    CTBEINS Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have been a practicing attorney for just about a year now. I was terrible to my body in law school. I gained around 35 pounds. I am trying to make up for my neglect now but, as hmalin1 posted, I have found that I have a lot less time now than I did in law school. My classmates who developed good habits in lawschool have been able to maintain those habits even while working at some of the biggest firms in the world. Those of us who didn't practice good habits in lawschool are either struggling with our health or have abandoned it completely. My co-workers call it Lawyer's Disease. Good luck with getting back into shape! its will not only help you feel good now but will prevent you some misery latter in your career.