Need a simple, delicious recipe for chicken breasts

Options

Replies

• ammbbbeeeerrrrr
    Options
    i marinate chicken breast all day with italian dressing and some worsterchire then grill it. it's really good. you can add a little seasoning to it before if you'd like too.
  • cindywhitney
    cindywhitney Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My absolute favorite recipe for chicken breasts the whole family loves is from Hungry girl...Chicken Cordon Bleu. Pound out the chicken breasts, smear a laughing cow cheese on it, add a slice of ham and roll up and fasten with a toothpick. Put in pan with a little olive oil and rub it into chicken. Top with a little salt, pepper and paprika. Bake at 350 degrees covered in foil for the first 20 minutes, remove foil and bake another 15 minutes. SOOO good! Seems naughty with the creamy cheese :)
  • Stormy65
    Stormy65 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I usually cook mine on top of the stove a chicken breast or two (for later or the next day). I put spices I like in it (trying not to use a lot of sodium things) I use Cumin, cayenne pepper, thyme and sometimes some rosemary if I feel like it I put in a dash of salt. I put about a 1/2 c of water in it too to keep it moist and let it cook and it is yummy! Sometimes I even put in a little sugar free polander's fruit in it for some sweetness. You can make some brown rice to go with it along with some broccoli and yummy what a great meal. If I am low on sodium for the day I will put in some low sodium soy sauce on top!!!!!!!
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    what you need is a casserole dish lined with tin foil, four chicken breasts and a bottle of salsa...put that in the oven for 35 mins at 350... and the chicken is still tender. mmmmm :)

Mmmmmm with a little bit of light sour cream on a wheat tortilla..........Yummy!
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    season with: seasoning salt, taco seasoning, garlic powder and oregano (all lightly) pan fry in 1tbsp of olive oil. Pour 1cup of (I prefer home made, but bought would likely be fine) salsa over chicken when chicken is done cooking... cover with lid and simmer for 3 minutes. Plate and sprinkle small pinch of mexi-cheese (or whatever your favorite cheese blend is) Approx 220 calories.

I call it "MediterraneanChicken" lol
  • sue2110
    sue2110 Posts: 12
    Options
    i cut a little pocket in my chicken breast and put some low fat soft cheese and some garlic in it, them wrap with some parma ham salt and pepper them wrap in tin foil and cook on a baking tray there lovely have with a large salad very filling...........................or flatten chicken out put cheese, garlic and anything else u wanna put in, roll up u can either wrapp in parma ham or leave as they are wrap in tin foil and cook.....................i think u'll enjoy them xx
  • Christie23
    Christie23 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Strawberries are out of season, I know, but sometimes you can find them around. And if you can, I have a great recipe for white cheddar stuffed chicken with roasted strawberries that is SUPER delicious!! (If you're interested, message me and I'll send it to you)

Otherwise, I love to marinate them in Newman's Own Parmesan and Roasted Garlic vinaigrette for as long as possible, drain frmo the marinate then pan saute for about 10 minutes per side and serve with roasted asparagus or atop a bed of garlic wilted spinach.
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I coat it in taco seasoning, top with salsa, bake 25 minutes at 350, take out and top with 2% cheese, bake 5 more minutes. Super easy and delicious.

Unless you make your own "taco seasoning" blend and salsa, there has to be 1000mg of sodium in that recipe without factoring in if the chicken was injected

Fresh salsa on top of chicken sure, but Taco Seasoning, Jar Salsa, Cheese, you just doubled the calories of your chicken breast and ate a days worth of sodium.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I like to bake, or grill them, then add bbq sauce, real bacon pieces, and "Mexican" cheese (2% is pretty good but I use the real stuff since I'm on maintenance).
  • meemo88
    meemo88 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    GREEK CHICKEN BREASTS

MARINADE CHICKEN BREASTS IN KRAFT GREEK DRESSING WITH FETA
    BAKE IN OVEN
    RIGHT BEFORE FINISHED COOKING TAKE SOME FETA CHEESE AND PUT ON TOP OF EACH BREAST AND CONTINUE COOKING UNTIL CHEESE MELTS.
  • caravann
    caravann Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My family likes casadillas, so I slice 2 mostly thawed breasts into 1 inch strips then again into about 4 pieces (depending on how you like your chicken. Spray the bottom of a pan with Pam or some other type of fake oil and heat on medium. Add chicken and onion if you like. Once the chicken is cooked on all sides (not completely cooked through), add a container of fresh salsa. My family likes Jack's Special mild, but you can use any type. Simmer until chicken is cooked. This part of the meal is very low cal and low fat.

Preheat oven to 350.

I like La Banderita's large (10 per bag) flour soft tortillas. Their fat/cal/fiber ratios are good, but the taste is still there.

Lay tortillas on baking sheet. Lightly crease down the middle (fold it but not too hard) re-open. Drain meat (I ususally put what we need in the collander for a while while I do other things. Once the water has run out, put some on half of each tortilla, put grated Mexican style cheese (be sure to measure yours). Fold over tortillas and put pan in the oven for about 12 minutes. Bake until lightly browned (not too much, as the chicken is already cooked. You just want to melt the cheese and crisp the tortilla.

I often eat only the chicken mixture on my salad (cadadillas are too tempting for me...sour cream, etc.). The chicken can be made up in advance and microwave heated.

Enjoy.
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    A few things I do:

Take the chicken breast, cut it into cubes.
    Put a little butter in the pan and drop those in
    Sprinkle natures seasonings into the pan and on the chicken, sprinkle as much as you like it is 0 calories.
    Cook until the chicken is cooked, it is about 15 minutes.
    I love it, the flavor is delicious. I normally have it with brown rice and green beans

Take the chicken breast, cut it into cubes.
    Put a little butter in the pan and drop those in
    While you are cooking it stab it with a knife, fork or spatula to put holes in the chicken
    Towards the end of the cooking dump some Jalapaino juice into the pan and flip the chicken a few times in the warm juice
    Take off of the burner and let sit and cool, flip the chicken so it can allow the juice to seep into the wounds
    (the cooking should take about 15 minutes)
    If you want to eat it like that go for it! it is still really good! If you want to add a little kick to it add a small pinch of white cheddar cheese, I use Baby bel, and pop it in the microwave for a minute. - a little pinch on each piece of chicken.
  • Felbsies
    Felbsies Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Put the chicken breasts in a glass baking dish. Put a 'tab' (about 1 tbsp) of butter on to each chicken breast. Sprinkle about 1 tsp each of dried basil and garlic salt on them. Bake for 1 hour. Amazing, simple, and delicious!!

Yum, I am trying that!
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I put a couple tbls. smart balance light in a frying pan, 3 - 4 tbls chopped garlic, fill the pan with unbreaded chicken tender pieces, sprinkle with a bit of onion powder and let simmer with the lid on until tender and done. If the liquid evaporates, just add a bit of water. You can also add some rosemary half way through for a different flavor....yet still delicious.:bigsmile:
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    If you want breaded chicken take your chicken, cut it into cubes. In a ziplock bag take Gluten Free Rice Crispies and Total K Original and crush it up into small pieces, almost like a chunky powder. Drop the chicken inside and do a little dance like shake and bake. Pop it in the oven and cook until completely cooked. When you take it out use a little ranch or ketchup or what ever your favorite dipping sauce is! Home made chicken nuggets! I love them and they are to die for :D
  • Alexagetsfit
    Alexagetsfit Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    i marinate chicken breast all day with italian dressing and some worsterchire then grill it. it's really good. you can add a little seasoning to it before if you'd like too.

This for sure. but you can also take it and make an envelope out of tin foil and bake it at 350 for 30-45 minutes. The tin foil keeps the moisture in.
  • mebegreen
    Options
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/search/label/Chicken

This is the best food blog ever. Everything is super flavorful, really healthy and usually really easy to make :) Happy cooking!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Smother them in mushroom sauce

Season and brown both sides of the chicken in a skillet, then remove from pan
    Saute mushrooms in olive oil (same pan), keep a lip on them so you trap their moisture
    Then add a little flour, onion, and garlic, and stir for a few min until thick.
    Add chicken stock until you get the desired thickness
    Add the chicken breasts back and cook together till chicken is done

The whole process takes about 20 min

(this is awesome served with mashed veg (cauliflower, parsnips, whatever)
  • shorty458
    shorty458 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I find a lot of good recipes on allrecipes.com.

My favorite is a garlic cheddar chicken. I use all low fat stuff - and it is just amazing!

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/garlic-cheddar-chicken/detail.aspx
  • starcrystal3
    starcrystal3 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Everything sounds so good!

I've also done chicken tenders with either cornflake crust or almond coating.

The cornflake recipe I followed was: http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/cook-yourself-thin/recipes/oven-baked-crispy-chicken-tenders-with-coleslaw