Need a simple, delicious recipe for chicken breasts

Options

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Pound the breasts until they're a uniform thickness. Marinade them in lime margarita mix for about an hour or so.

Put them in a baking dish, top with about a tablespoon of salsa per breast, and bake at 450 for about 20-25 minutes.

Sprinkle a little shredded taco or Mexican blend cheese on top, bake for another 5 minutes until cheese melts.

They're incredibly tender, and taste similar to Applebee's Tequila Lime Chicken. I like them with some black beans & brown rice cooked with a little salsa and ground cumin.
  • myshell26
    myshell26 Posts: 113
    Options
    I like to lightly season chicken breasts, dredge them in dijon mustard, then crush some French's fried onions in a bag and add the dijon covered chicken. I do a little shake action and bake them in the oven for 20 minutes at 400 degrees. It's low in calories, but I still feel like I'm cheating because of the fried onions! Also check out Skinnytaste.com for more healthy recipes.
  • MonicaCPT
    MonicaCPT Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Mediterranean Chicken... So easy and delicious... :drinker:

Start with
    1 lb. fresh or frozen Chicken breast meat, place in ziploc.

mix
    1/3 c. olive oil
    1/3 c. dijon or spicy brown mustard
    3 T. lemon juice
    1tsp salt
    1tsp pepper

Pour mixture into bag with chicken, marinate overnight for frozen (or 4hrs for fresh)

Grill according to thickness, about 7-9 minutes per side for regular breast piece (to 165*F)
    Cook in crockpot,
    or Bake at 375*F approx 20-25min.
    Optional: I serve with low carb tortilla, hummus, feta cheese, and **cucumber salsa:

**dice: 1 cucumber, 4 roma tomatoes, 1 bunch green onion
    mix in: 1T. lemon juice, 4T. olive oil, salt to taste, and a pinch of sweetener.

12199180.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jingoace
    jingoace Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Soak your chicken breasts from an hour to 8 hours in the following, then grill them on the BBQ.

1/4 cup lemon or lime juice
    1 TBSP Kikamon soy sauce, or Braggs liquid aminos
    1 tsp Olive oil

You can also soak your chicken in the above mixture, then dice it up and put it on bamboo skewers,
    intersperced with the cut-up veggies of your choice, and grill the shishkabobs.

The marinade above really adds a good flavor to chicken breasts...
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of recipes but here's one really easy one that takes about a half hour total:

Cut a pound to 1 1/4 pounds of chicken breasts into "tenders" then brown them in a pan with a few tablespoons of olive oil, sprinkled with 1/2 teaspoon each of granulated garlic and onion powder. Remove the chicken, set it aside then add one can (about 1 3/4 cups) of chicken broth or stock and scrape the browned parts from the bottom of the pan. Then add 2 cups of egg noodles or whole wheat pasta and 2 cups of your favorite frozen veggies. Add a little salt and pepper to taste and you can also add a few teaspoons of you favorite herbs (basil, thyme, etc.) Bring the broth to a boil, then reduce to simmer. Place the chicken on top, cover and cook for the amount of time the pasta takes.
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Christie23
    Christie23 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Put the chicken breasts in a glass baking dish. Put a 'tab' (about 1 tbsp) of butter on to each chicken breast. Sprinkle about 1 tsp each of dried basil and garlic salt on them. Bake for 1 hour. Amazing, simple, and delicious!!

what temp do you use to bake these? sounds delicious!!
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    eat chix about twice a week....i'll be back to share some and take some recipes...
  • mssgirl11
    mssgirl11 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    bump
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Tons of good recipes here. BUMP
  • SarahBrown1979
    SarahBrown1979 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I find a lot of good recipes on allrecipes.com.

My favorite is a garlic cheddar chicken. I use all low fat stuff - and it is just amazing!

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/garlic-cheddar-chicken/detail.aspx

I use this website also, Love all the recipes on there so far and I am so going to try all of your ideas on here! I need to switch it up from our normal, which is ..

Chicken diced up, sauteed in a lil bit of EVOO and then once cooked throw in zucchini, squash, and mushrooms with some teriyaki sauce. It is fab!!
  • Boo_08
    Boo_08 Posts: 102
    Options
    bump These all sound SOOOO Good
  • Thirstygirl
    Thirstygirl Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    chicken in crockpot with fatfree cream soups... use the gravy over rice, tators of any kind or vegies -- a family favorite:)
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I marinate chicken breasts in balsamic vinegar and rosemary, and grill until outside is a bit charred. Delicious!
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been keeping my chicken very simple. I slice the breasts in half horizontally (so they're thinner), and then season them up with a 'California' Seasoning blend thing (it's garlic, onion, pepper, parsley, and salt). Then I just pan saute it with calorie-free cooking spray, and at the end sometimes I will top with a small amount of shredded cheese or light ranch dressing/ BBQ sauce. Or I'll slice it up and put it in a big salad.
  • jessicaxochitl
    Options
    I usually steam my chicken, then eat it with mustard. For some reason it tastes so delicious to me, lol
  • jyork5407
    Options
    Bumping for future reference!
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I coat it in taco seasoning, top with salsa, bake 25 minutes at 350, take out and top with 2% cheese, bake 5 more minutes. Super easy and delicious.

this sounds really good....
  • bmccrory2
    bmccrory2 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    bump sounds great!!