Post work out protein shake

Options
Hello guys,

I was wondering how you make your post work out protein shakes. Both ingredient and calories wise.

Mine is as follows:

Two scoops of protein - 190 cals
Two bananas - 210 cals
25 Almonds - 170 cal
Flax seeds (2tbls spoons) and Bee pollen (1tbl spoon) - 150 cals
1 cup of frozen fruits - 150 cals

Total cals = 870 cals

870 is a lot of calories. It's about a third of my daily intake. I know I can exclude the fruits to make it less calorious but it won't taste that good lol.

Can you guys share your recepies?

Cheers and have a good day.

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    personally i eat a whole food meal at some point after my workouts, no shakes

inb4anabolicwindowbrah
  • Joannguido
    Options
    mine is a slimfast!!!!!
  • MikeDailyIntake
    Options
    1 banana 2 double stuffed oreos and protein. THATS HOW I DO IT

= 535 calories
  • digitaldigital
    digitaldigital Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    just whey powder and water :3
  • loraflock
    Options
    You could try substituting fat free yogurt for the fruit...it only has 80 to 90 calories per 6oz and comes in many flavors.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Mine is a scoop of protein and a teaspoon of fiber. I then put in either frozen berries or peanut butter or an apple or whatever. It's usually between 225 and 300 calories. I work out at 4:00 or 4:30 in the morning and don't eat first so after I work out I have to have something but I don't feel right if I eat real food that early. I eat the rest of breakfast around 8:00 at my office. I've been doing this for about a month and a half and it's working great.
  • msjamartin
    Options
    Try only 1 banana and a 1/2 cup berries...that is what I do with mine. I do 3 oz of greek yogurt but I don't do the almonds/flax seed/bee pollen
  • foster59803
    foster59803 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I like protein shakes because I have a difficult time keeping my protein numbers up. But for me, I have to just do it old school... scoop of protein, water, ice and I use a hand held blender. Just drink it fast. It actually fills me up enough for my mid day snack (around 3:00) so that I am not starving by the time I get home. It is normally 130 calories or so 30 grams of protein and 2 grams of carbs. Try the Jay Robb whey protein. Its the best I have tried r and I have tried quite a few. It has a pretty short list of ingredients and is not sweetened with artificial ingredients. I bet after you try it once or twice you will be able to drink it no problem. If I want something different I use 2 T almond butter or natural peanut butter, 1 scoop chocolate flavored protein and almond milk. IT in creases the calories quite a bit, but tastes pretty darn good and will not add all the sugar of bananas. If you want to add flax to your mix there is a great product by Standard Processes called SP complete... it tastes like dirt, but not in an awful way, just textural. It is pretty expensive, but it is full of whole foods and has a lot of flax in it. IT mixes pretty easy with any other protein powder and it only adds 100 calories. Good luck
  • Mateo1985
    Mateo1985 Posts: 153
    Options
    Thanks a lot for the input guys. I'll play around with my shake to see how I can increase the protein intake without adding or decreasing cals.
  • PB67
    PB67 Posts: 376
    Options
    personally i eat a whole food meal at some point after my workouts, no shakes

inb4anabolicwindowbrah

Dood, UR muscles are gonna fall off.
  • istalkzombies
    istalkzombies Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I typically just mix the proetin powder this water, sometimes i'll mix in skim milk or almond milk with the power and add sometimes add some fruit or greek yogurt and ice