giving out Halloween candy...

Options
treatdream
treatdream Posts: 104 Member
and eating half of it yourself?

What are everyone's plans for giving out treats? My husband and I usually buy a couple bags of candy and end up eating most of it ourselves. I'm all for an occasional treat if the rest of your diet is balanced & you're working out but I don't want to set myself up to binge. I plan on buying a more realistic amount of candy to hand out. I'm sure I will end up eating some too but I don't want to be one of those houses that hands out toothbrushes or insulin EpiPens.

Replies

• ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I take mine to work, and my co-workers take it home for their kids and grandkids.
  • auntdeedee87
    auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna hand out apples & mini-pretzel packs, someday, when I have a place where kids actually visit. Haha. My neighborhood is pretty geriatric...

I'm fully prepared for any eggs and/or TP that may come my way. :bigsmile:
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    buy the kind of candy that doesn't appeal to you
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Buy candy that you don't like?
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I have some little toys and mini candy bars I'm handing out... and have already pre-packaged them in little baggies I bought at walmart.. so if I break into the little baggies (with twist ties to shut) to get the candy I'm essentially be stealing candy from the kiddies! okay maybe not stealing from kids, but the logic has stopped me so far ;)

I'll bring any extras to work after halloween or just unload on the last kid before I go to bed
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    We don't ever get trick or treaters where we live...
    But that means we get to eat all the candy!
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    I love chocolate! Mini snickers and hersheys and tootsie rolls.

My strategy is to buy candy I don't like as much! So no chocolate!

I love passing candy out to the kids, don't want to stop doing it, just don't want to place too much temptation in my face!
  • TrishaLeighNelson
    TrishaLeighNelson Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Buy sugar free candies
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    OHHHHHHHHHH HELL NO.... My landlord asked if we were going to be home for our Trick/Treating.. .I told him I dont plan on being outside in the cold... well, he wants to watch football but was willing to give us the candy to give out.

While I trust myself not to have it, I dont trust my husband! LOL!!!! He is supposed to be cutting down on the junk so, the landlord is gonna have to suck it up or throw it out! LOL!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I should buy the type of candy I don't care for but knowing me I won't. If I'm lucky it will all be given away by the end of the night.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Buy candy that you don't like?

Is there such a thing? :huh:
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I bought tootsie rolls two weeks ago, and still haven't opened them. If they had been Hershey's or Snickers, they'd be long gone and I'd be kicking myself. I don't hate tootsie rolls. I'll probably have one or two on Halloween, but I can resist them as long as I want.
    My suggestion is to buy candy you don't find so tempting.
  • glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    We don't get trick or treaters.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    We have 3 boys, and will be taking them trick or treating. Whatever candy after we go through it and not freeze or let them eat(in monderation of course), will be given to my brother, as he can take it to work and let the vultures dive in! :)
  • rbarnes9292
    rbarnes9292 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey when I was a kid people use to give us Pennies. LOL!!!!! That sounds safe.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Please don't hand out apples. Kids won't eat them for fear that they have been tampered with and will probably end up throwing them at cars/houses/others.
  • cbelt82
    cbelt82 Posts: 62
    Options
    My husband found an article last night about halloween candy that is not so bad for you. I'll try to find it so I can share it. But I remember that it said the pumpkin peeps are not so bad. You can actually have 6 of those peeps for only UNDER 100 calories! and a handful of Candy corn (10 pieces) for 64 calories! I am a nibbler so 10 pieces of candy corn usually takes me about 20 minutes to eat so that is more than satisfying for me!

You can also buy yourself SEPERATE candy such as the skinny cow bars! OMG! Has anyone tried these? They are AMA
    ZING!
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna hand out apples & mini-pretzel packs, someday, when I have a place where kids actually visit. Haha. My neighborhood is pretty geriatric...

I'm fully prepared for any eggs and/or TP that may come my way. :bigsmile:
    Address. I have some eggs that have been sitting in the fridge for a while.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I'll have tricker treaters at my apartment

And I plan on being at the gym until 8.

Call me grinch, but no candy. Eff it.
  • coloradocuppiecake
    Options
    I used to get the packs of little toys, erasers, pencils ect and hand them out. They cost just as much as the candy and wont be thrown out by parents for being unsafe.