Body bugg?

Options
2»

Replies

• Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    tick.jpg i got a body bugg free during a walk in the woods.
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    you do...alas... need thier monthly subscription....grrrrr...but if you do 12 months, they take out 6.95 a month... worth it!

if you ebay, look for either the blutooth compatible if you have an android/iphone... or the one where you get the display... the display is the motivational part!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)
  • Otrepsi
    Otrepsi Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    bump

are the people who reply with this just basically the trolls of MFP??

No, they are replying so it's listed in "My Topics". Means they're interested in reading the rest of the thread, and don't want to have to go searching for it later, yet don't have anything to say in response. Also it kind of stands for Bring Up My Post (to bump it to the top of the list).
  • mcanavan05
    mcanavan05 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Ill see where I am at thanksgiving. I just joined MFP so counting intake is already shedding pounds even if this site if not so accurate. Ive shedded the weight before about 10yrs ago logging info without the internet. Think msg board is a big plus t talk to and learn from others.

Really hope BB can stay on in sauna.

Cella - thanks for info, great blog btw!
  • rodeomc
    rodeomc Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit and like it a lot.
  • Cella30
    Cella30 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Ill see where I am at thanksgiving. I just joined MFP so counting intake is already shedding pounds even if this site if not so accurate. Ive shedded the weight before about 10yrs ago logging info without the internet. Think msg board is a big plus t talk to and learn from others.

Thank you! I'm new at it but so far I'm enjoying it. Thanks for checking it out! :flowerforyou:
  • Echo17121
    Echo17121 Posts: 111 Member
    Options

Totally random but I love your profile picture even though it makes me sad at the same time! I miss my Phillies!!!
  • trishajo82
    trishajo82 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I just got a new BodyMedia Fit - did a TON of research before purchasing because that's just the kind of consumer I am! lol

Had my first day with it yesterday. I have a deficit goal of 1000 a day and ended up with 2246 for my deficit yesterday - I thought that was a good thing?? It says for a loss of 2 lbs a week I should achieve my 1000/day deficit - I figured if I had a HIGHER deficit that would mean I am losing more? But someone on this post just said their deficit was super high and that means they need to eat more - anyone know the correct answer to this??

Still trying to figure this out!! I LOVE it already- and it's only day 2. I thought my model came with the display but I guess I will have to order that separately.... I ordered mine from a website I found when comparision pricing on Google. SUPER cheapest I'd found.

I'd suggest to anyone that can afford it to get it!! It will take a lof of the guessing out of your weight loss and give you some more motivation for moving your body! :)
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    i got the other version from this company - bodymedia (http://www.bodymedia.com) - the only difference is it isn't affiliated with any gym like the body bugg.

I haven't been using it since i've been pregnant, but before i got pregnant I lost about 10 pounds in a couple of months and loved that I could see really how many calories i was burning and how many steps i was taking!

I can't wait to use it after having the baby to lose some baby weight!

I use this and love it. I've lost 39lbs since using it.
  • vickyd205
    vickyd205 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have the Bodybugg SP (the one that synchs with smartphones) and I love it! I, too, have found that the calorie burn here on MFP is not accurate at all (and I already knew that the calories burned on the elliptical and stationary bike weren't accurate either) so it is good to know exactly how much I am burning each day so I could then adjust my calories as appropriate. I will say that if you are someone who bikes alot as exercise, it is not necessarily accurate on the calorie burn but otherwise I have been very happy with it.
  • amys31
    amys31 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I just got a new BodyMedia Fit - did a TON of research before purchasing because that's just the kind of consumer I am! lol

Had my first day with it yesterday. I have a deficit goal of 1000 a day and ended up with 2246 for my deficit yesterday - I thought that was a good thing?? It says for a loss of 2 lbs a week I should achieve my 1000/day deficit - I figured if I had a HIGHER deficit that would mean I am losing more? But someone on this post just said their deficit was super high and that means they need to eat more - anyone know the correct answer to this??

Still trying to figure this out!! I LOVE it already- and it's only day 2. I thought my model came with the display but I guess I will have to order that separately.... I ordered mine from a website I found when comparision pricing on Google. SUPER cheapest I'd found.

I'd suggest to anyone that can afford it to get it!! It will take a lof of the guessing out of your weight loss and give you some more motivation for moving your body! :)
    What website did you find it on?
    Ebay? I soo want one!
  • trishajo82
    Options
    What website did you find it on?
    Ebay? I soo want one!

Drugstore.com! 127.49 plus tax!!! Of course then I paid 20 bucks to two-day ship it. LOL I am a mess.
  • amys31
    amys31 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Lol...thank you:-)
  • rfarinha
    rfarinha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Costco = Body Fit by BodyMedia (but their's does not have Bluetooth), which means to see "real time" data, you need to buy a disply. However, their's does come with a second arm-band, and 12 month subscription,

Amazon, Drugstore.com. BodyMedia.com, Ebay... all have it.

I just got mine from Craigslist. The person selling it had the Bluetooth version, and had NEVER used it! Sealed package.

Today is my first day, and I am having a hard time getting my "droid" to connect, but I was able to get my iTouch to connect, so I guess it's all good. Put it on at 9am, and as of 1:15pm, I've logged 764 steps, burned 351 calories. Their food database is not as extensive as MFP, and it would be amazing if they added the barcode scanner, but I read in another thread where the person entered all of her food here on MFP, and then would post one entry on BodyMedia of her total day's nutrition. I thought that was smart.
  • Maggie_Pie1
    Maggie_Pie1 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I will say that if you are someone who bikes alot as exercise, it is not necessarily accurate on the calorie burn but otherwise I have been very happy with it.

Do you have any details on this (why, how off is it, etc?) . I had just gotten one a last week, and it only recorded only 1200 calories for a bike ride I did on Saturday. I thought the calories it showed seemed kind of low - and that I had worked harder than that. I did 40 miles, in hills, averaging about 15 mph - so I was biking about 2.5 hours and it seems like I should have burned more than 450 calories an hour.
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I have the BodyMedia, too, and like others, I found that the elliptical machine was telling me I burn more than I do. If you get one, make sure you get the little display that goes with it. It has a trip meter so you can zero it when you work out and get an idea how much you burned during your workout only. I did that, and I was not burning quite as much as the elliptical said.

It also monitors your sleep if you wear it at night. It's been fascinating to sync it and see my sleep patterns. It can tell when I'm sleeping versus just lying down. It's amazingly accurate.

If I only had 20-30 pounds to lose, I probably wouldn't have bought it. But since I have about 70-80 to lose, I felt like it was a worthwhile investment. It's really given me a clearer picture of where I am. I use it in conjunction with MFP (BodyMedia's food diary isn't as good as MFP's, in my opinion). So I log my food here and then just put my total calories in the Body Media site as a daily estimate. That way I can see my total deficit based on my burn for the entire 24-hour period.

Another interesting sidenote: I've noticed that my average burn per minute has crept up. I think it's due to the strength training and the continued burn you get after you finish.
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I will say that if you are someone who bikes alot as exercise, it is not necessarily accurate on the calorie burn but otherwise I have been very happy with it.

Do you have any details on this (why, how off is it, etc?) . I had just gotten one a last week, and it only recorded only 1200 calories for a bike ride I did on Saturday. I thought the calories it showed seemed kind of low - and that I had worked harder than that. I did 40 miles, in hills, averaging about 15 mph - so I was biking about 2.5 hours and it seems like I should have burned more than 450 calories an hour.

The only thing I can think of is that it measures how much you're sweating, body temp, etc. If it was a cool day out, you may not have sweated as much or gotten as hot as you would have on a warmer day. Maybe that affected it?
  • trishajo82
    Options
    like others have posted - I also continue to use MFP for daily logging then just add my daily calories as a total at the end of the day.

In the 8 billion reviews I read before purchasing mine there were several that mentioned the thing about cyclists not getting a correct burn read. it said since the device goes alot off the movement of your body, and when cycling your arms tend to stay rather stationary (vs running for example) that's why it will not report it correctly. Most cyclists said they got better burn reads off HR monitors.