Tired of WW, new to MFP!

Options
Hi all,

After having success with WW 3 times and gaining all the weight I lost back, I'm ready to try something new. I was on a roll with WW last fall and then they changed the program and it just doesn't work for me. I've tried to do the old plan on my own but it's very hard when the resources are limited since everything is changed to the new plan. I'm excited to try MFP but also a little nervous. Any tips and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Cody

Replies

• JPayne53
    JPayne53 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :bigsmile:
  • msjac23
    msjac23 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm a WW Lifetimer since 1998, I had the same problem. I also got tired of paying for e-tools. I switch to MFP and I love it. I have a lot MFP Friends who supports me. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • arosmith79
    arosmith79 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Cody! I dont think you will have any problems reaching your goal with this site and all of us helpful people behind you.

Feel free to add me if you would like :)
  • Lynnmt34
    Options
    Welcom back!!!!!
  • EmBlazes
    EmBlazes Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Welcome :bigsmile:

If you are interested I wrote a blog post about why MFP is better than WW...

http://m-mfatic.blogspot.com/2011/07/back-in-game.html

It's great on here and people are really supportive... not to mention that it's FREE :happy:
  • letobot
    letobot Posts: 205
    Options
    hey i did WW also...lost 20 pounds, then gained it back. i'm 3 weeks in to MFP and so far so good. add me if you want, good luck!
  • Elisium60
    Options
    Welcome... I have only been on here for 1 day and I have found soooo many free tools it's crazy... One thing that I have found helpful to keep me logging my info is the phone app... I use my phone for everything. I think that you can get the app on the android market and for the blackberry... I hope you enjoy the site and you can add me as a friend if you would like
  • Twasney
    Twasney Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I came here after not losing weight on the new plan! It makes sense too since all food has calories...even veggies and especially fruit....so it seems dumb to make them free!

beisdes you can get all the same tools (and more) here for free!
  • jennipooh82
    jennipooh82 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hello and Welcome to our Family.
    I have only been here for roughly a week but was on here for 2-3 months prior to that. I love it here and I think that once your here that your hooked. You do find so many free things on here to help you like ,another member added. I think what makes it better then WW( and I could be wrong,i have never been a part of WW) but the lifelong friend you can make here and everyone is very supportive in what you have for a goal!!! Like I said I was here before and lost 12lbs...fell off the wagon due to a move and jumped right back in it and with me only being back for only a week I have lost 8 lbs total!!!! I do truly Love it here and all the wonderful friends you make.

Feel free to friend me- we are here for the same reason, I will support you!
  • Its_My_Time
    Its_My_Time Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hello to all! My name is Sandy and this is my very first post here :) I just joined as well and it's great to meet you all! I too was on WW and became a lifetime member. But, I got bored once the program changed and lost my momentum. I needed a change and just found this app a week ago and I'm thirlled to be here!! I look forward to meeting new friends, support & fun while becoming healthy :) Good luck to us all, together we shall prevail!!
  • tena1028
    tena1028 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi Cody and Sandy! I have been on here a few weeks and LOVE IT! Feel free to add me so we can support each other! :happy:
  • Lisapokie27
    Lisapokie27 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem with WW, I also found that WW message board group isn't as supportive as MFP. I've been here a few days and love it
  • sheila0321
    sheila0321 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I Just myself quit WW. I tried to do both this and that for the last 45 days. I found this much easier. You can add me if you would like.
  • tsmed15
    Options
    I was a prior WW person as well, and MFP is so much easier! I love the support and encouragement - and I have only been on here for just over a week. In that time, I've lost 2 pounds and am feeling better. Feel free to add me as a friend - one can never have too many friends who support you on your journey!
  • lildoggielover
    lildoggielover Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I've been a WW loser before too but this site is fantastic! What really helps is the friends you'll meet (I love my MFP friends) and I love the phone app where you can just scan the barcodes and it puts the calories and stuff right in your diary. Really, this site is addicting because you want to see what you're friends are doing and you want to do it too! Good luck with your journey and feel free to add me!

11134420.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • lglg11
    lglg11 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Hi Cody and welcome ! I did WW too for a short time and love MFP!

Feel free to add me , I don't have many friends but am always looking for some :)

Mary
  • majoca
    majoca Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Lol, just to hold the fort for WW, I just reached my goal on it and love the new program, it worked for me but I've met a lot of people who didn't get on with it. I joined MFP in a spur of the moment (mainly due to the brilliant android app after switching to my first smart phone) and it's exceeded my expectations by miles, I'm currently double tracking and have certainly got some extra motivation to lose a further 5-10lbs to give me some wiggle room.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone! :o)