Eating ALL the freakin' time!

Options
JMCade
JMCade Posts: 389 Member
I've been going to a zumba class, 3 nights a week, for almost a year and I have been running 30 minutes, 3 days a week on average, for about 6 months now. I am eating all the darned time! I start at about 6 in the morning with breakfast. Usually eat about 4 times at work. Totally nosh out when I get home from work, and then eat a big dinner. I am over on my calories quite often. I set my goals to maintain weight and set my activity level to the max and still end up over at the end of the day. Is this crazy? Is MFP set on the low end for calories? Anybody else do this?

Replies

• reharvrun
    Options
    I eat all the time too but don't go over my calories. With working out you add calories to your day and believe me I am eating them up. You just have a high metabolism girl! You look great and it seems to me that you are doing a great job!
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Do you use a HRM to determine your calorie burn or what MFP says? If you're using MFP it's possible it's underestimating your actually calorie burn. I would suggest investing in a HRM to be more accurate.

Also depends on what types of foods you're eating. Looking at your diary, you have a surplus of carbs left over. Try to get more foods with higher carbs for your body to use as energy and maybe you won't feel as hungry...
  • oreolover
    oreolover Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I exercise a lot and am often hungry too (I am usually hungry the next day though) what I do to combat the calorie rack up is eat foods with lower calorie density. Veggies are about the best, you can have a HUGE salad, lots of baby carrots, or add a lot of broccoli to dinner or whenever for very few calories (go for non-starchy veggies when possible). Also foods with high water content (broth based soups etc) are filling.

That and I try to keep my protein consumption high too. It lets me eat enough to not feel deprived while keeping my calories under control (enough that I still fit in plenty of high calorie treats too). I still go over sometimes but as long as I am doing ok on the scale or on the weekly graph (on my phone app, don't know if it is online) I don't worry too much or I run a little longer the next day.

Hope it helps, good luck!