About how many balls does this make??
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Oh my...nom noms!!!
  • easfahl
    easfahl Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Sounds awesomely yummy! May switch the peanut butter for PB2. Do they not get break-your-teeth hard if they stay in the freezer?
  • Gemnildy
    Gemnildy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Sounds YUMMY! Thanks!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    Yum! Thanks!
    I think I'll try it with Almond Butter!
  • Wyoruby
    Wyoruby Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Quaters
    Quaters Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    oh thats so true about to many carbs, i am greedy and cannot stop at one i would eat them all.
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    2 cups of peanut butter?! I think I would eat the whole thing in one sitting.

me too, I was invisioning making one big ball rather than a bunch of smaller ones lol
  • luvJOJO
    luvJOJO Posts: 1,881 Member
    Options
    mmm....LOVE peanut butter!!! have to try this!
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Ingredients:
    2 cups peanut butter
    1 scoop chocolate or vanilla protein powder
    3/4 cup raw oatmeal
    1 cup crisp rice cereal
    1/4 cup honey
    Directions:

Microwave the peanut butter on low for about 30 seconds until slightly melted (not runny though). Stir in the honey and protein powder. Once mixed, add in raw oats and crisp rice cereal.
    Form into balls and then place in the fridge to harden overnight. Note that if you prefer harder/softer peanut butter balls, you can adjust the volumes of the ingredients until your desired texture is reached.

This sounds heavenly
  • mattellis2
    Options
    roughly how many calories?

i make something similar, but use powdered non-fat milk instead of protein powder, pb2, and a tablespoon of chocolate chips.

i omit the rice crispies and oatmeal, and add a few raisins.

totals: calories: 270, carbs 51, fat 6, protein 10, sodium 150, potassium 300.
  • Leanne926
    Leanne926 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I shouldn't do this, but ... bump >: )

I will be dipping these in chocolate, though. I'm an Ohio girl. These need to become Buckeyes.

AGREE....!!
  • rjsbailey
    rjsbailey Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    bumped- thanks!
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'll give these a go. Might modify it a bit though…
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options

i make something similar, but use powdered non-fat milk instead of protein powder, pb2, and a tablespoon of chocolate chips.

But how many portions does it make!? Your nutritional data means nothing without a portion size/quantity...
  • Boo_08
    Boo_08 Posts: 102
    Options
    bump
  • mattellis2
    Options

But how many portions does it make!? Your nutritional data means nothing without a portion size/quantity...

i was doing it as one serving. i used one serving (2 T) pb2, 1 T honey, 1 T chocolate chips, about 1/2 serving raisins and 2T powdered milk. i guess you could divide it into to portions and go for a lower calorie count, but it really isn't that big when everything is combined.

FWIW a lot of the world food aid organizations use something similar for hungry people in places like africa. calorie dense, doesn't require refrigeration necessarily, and easy to package/ship.
  • laurielie
    laurielie Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    thanks sounds yummo! Bump.................................!!!
  • rughead06
    rughead06 Posts: 4,291 Member
    Options
    sounds good bump
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options

i was doing it as one serving. i used one serving (2 T) pb2, 1 T honey, 1 T chocolate chips, about 1/2 serving raisins and 2T powdered milk. i guess you could divide it into to portions and go for a lower calorie count, but it really isn't that big when everything is combined.

FWIW a lot of the world food aid organizations use something similar for hungry people in places like africa. calorie dense, doesn't require refrigeration necessarily, and easy to package/ship.

Thank you! The calories aren't too terribly high considering the nutrient-dense foods.