RANTING- not for the easily offended

Options

Replies

• madisonsteelex
    Options
    So all people who call someone anorexic are fat now?
    Did I say that?
    no.
    This was a recent personal experience. but thanks
    :bigsmile:
    [/quote]
    "just because YOU'RE fat doesn't mean thin people are anorexic. " Kind of sounds like you said that. But I could of just read it wrong.
    [/quote]
    I did not say that "everyone who calls someone anorexic is fat"
    I was saying about one personal experience.
    It was a RANT about something that HAPPENED
    gtfo
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    OP, are you aware that in the disordered eating community UGW stands for Under Goal Weight?
  • madisonsteelex
    Options
    leaving now because people are clearly getting touchy and I cannot stand babies
  • oneLessS
    oneLessS Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you got that off your chest in a place where more people will see it than just the people posting in the Disney thread. :flowerforyou:

It is rude to call people anorexic. It is also rude to call people fat. Two rudes don't make a polite.

Yep.
  • CaoimheAine
    Options
    OMG you look amazing - that is all :D
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    So all people who call someone anorexic are fat now?

Well played.
    What they said....DITTO!!!!!
  • ilookthetype
    Options

:flowerforyou:
  • woo1324
    woo1324 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    your talking about people using the word anorexic and hurtig your friends feelings how do you think it makes people on a weight loss site feel when you use the word FAT in the way you did it was clearly meant as a insult to those people calling your friends anorexic so you clearly think little of overweight people ,,,, i just dont understand how you can be soooo against name calling and then do it yourself within the same post
  • madisonsteelex
    Options
    This is not even all about that post. As i said it;s about people calling MY FRIENDS anorexic
    so thanks:D

That's just jealousy of the person who is calling them anorexic maybe
    exactly. it's offensive and could be very offensive to actual anorexic people
  • sharonnna
    sharonnna Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You look gorgeous !!!!!! Congratulations. I lost a lot of weight one time and went from like 125 down to 100 pounds. Every body was
    calling me anorexic. OMG!!! How stupid. Sometimes people just want to pick on you like birds pecking. Ignore it, and go on looking
    fantastic.
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options

Well this is ironic.
  • jamielise2
    jamielise2 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I just call them stick people. Honestly, though, I think some fat people have been tormented all their lives by skinny people, so I don't feel too badly if they occasionially need to retaliate. Basically, we all just need to be nice to each other - don't know who said it but "Always be Kinder than is Necessary, Becaue Every One we Meet is Fighting Some Kind of Battle".
  • XxXskinnyMiniXxX
    Options
    This is not even all about that post. As i said it;s about people calling MY FRIENDS anorexic

Yeah it could be, anorexic people already have issues (don't really know how to put that lighty) but also from my earlier post I wanted to apologize, I completely read what you were saying wrong lol
  • ilookthetype
    Options

Your post was more offensive to me (as a person who is recovering from an eating disorder) than what you were ranting about.
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    LOL,

I went out to dinner with some friends the other night, (Texas Roadhouse) I ordered a salad and said 'no thank you' to the cinnamon butter, so my ex boyfriend told the other people there that I was on a diet, and had already lost 8 lbs.
    I said I was going to lose 20 more. The other friends were shocked,and he, shocked as well, exclaimed "Why do you wanna look anorexic?!"

I thought it was funny. Not a big deal, I'm obviously not.
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options

Well this is ironic.

Indeed. LoL. Love 'Rant' Threads.
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    actually, wish I hadn't.....sad ):
  • theroadto100
    theroadto100 Posts: 209 Member
    Options

Your post was more offensive to me (as a person who is recovering from an eating disorder) than what you were ranting about.

Yeah dude, same here.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    <
    made anorexia my B*tch
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    your talking about people using the word anorexic and hurtig your friends feelings how do you think it makes people on a weight loss site feel when you use the word FAT in the way you did it was clearly meant as a insult to those people calling your friends anorexic so you clearly think little of overweight people ,,,, i just dont understand how you can be soooo against name calling and then do it yourself within the same post

it is class-less ):
This discussion has been closed.