Pregnancy Test Question for ladies obviously lol

Options

Replies

• mleoni092708
    mleoni092708 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    YAY! That's what happened with mine. I could hardly believe it. Try again tomorrow and the line will be darker. CONGRATS!!

Oops, didn't read all the posts. Don't give up hope yet. I'm sorry I know this is super nerve wracking.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I have been preggo 9 times....I know a thing or 2 about pregnancy tests and 3 false positive is pretty much impossible. wait a few days the test once more. First responses are very sensitives, those test detected my HCG at 20. Maybe you ovulated later then what you think, maybe you got preggo but then got a very early miscarriage.

Good luck
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Request a blood test from your doctor. A lot of the home tests on the market are more sensitive than those at the doctor's offices. 3 positive tests means you're pregnant. False positives are EXTREMELY rare. False negatives, on the other hand, are quite common because different tests detect different levels of hcg. Your doctor's test was wrong, I'm sure of it. Keep us updated :)

EDIT: And I just saw that you bought a First Response, which are made to detect even lower amounts of hcg. Most dr office tests aren't "early result" rests so your hcg has to be much higher to register positive!
  • chicagocubsfan23
    Options
    Request a blood test from your doctor. A lot of the home tests on the market are more sensitive than those at the doctor's offices. 3 positive tests means you're pregnant. False positives are EXTREMELY rare. False negatives, on the other hand, are quite common because different tests detect different levels of hcg. Your doctor's test was wrong, I'm sure of it. Keep us updated :)

EDIT: And I just saw that you bought a First Response, which are made to detect even lower amounts of hcg. Most dr office tests aren't "early result" rests so your hcg has to be much higher to register positive!

I'm hoping this is what happened. I read a review for the First Response tests that the same thing happened to a girl, then a few weeks later she went back to the doctor and their test showed up positive. I'll probably test again in a few weeks just to see. I'm pretty bummed so I think I'm gonna treat myself to some Panera Bread tonight lol
  • DeAntrice
    Options
    Yes that's how I found out I was pregnant early in the morning, the doctor said your first urine sample is the best
  • MPwife10
    MPwife10 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    With both my girls the 2nd line was super faint. I now have to crazy little toddlers lol.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    A line is not a line I found out at the doctor's today. Their test came back negative. I won't be buying First Response pregnancy tests again that's for sure. I'm pretty bummed :frown:

That stinks. :-( I'm sorry, I know it's frustrating when you're trying.

I'm actually a big fan of the Dollar Tree pregnancy tests. They are only $1 so you don't feel bad taking one like every day from the day you're late. And they are just as accurate (actually more accurate in some cases) as the more expensive brands. The Dollar Tree also carries $1 ovulation tests which can be helpful in trying.

i love the dollar tree pregnancy tests!

so sorry that the doctor's test came back negative. i hope you just ovulated late and will get a true positive soon.
  • MrsSpratt
    MrsSpratt Posts: 200 Member
    Options

I'm hoping this is what happened. I read a review for the First Response tests that the same thing happened to a girl, then a few weeks later she went back to the doctor and their test showed up positive. I'll probably test again in a few weeks just to see. I'm pretty bummed so I think I'm gonna treat myself to some Panera Bread tonight lol
    How did you get in to the doctor so fast? Most will just tell you to trust the test and make an appt for around 12 weeks.
  • Bahet
    Bahet Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. ((hug))
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    eta: I believe the advice to go to doctors is outdated. My doctor, with all 3 kids, told me that is solely for peice of mind-- his test is no more accurate than the tests I had taken. Most doctors won't even see you for a few week.
    [/quote]

Agreed - my ob/gyn said they don't do in office, they book your first appt for 10 weeks. Worked fine for me.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    When they start seeing you is really individual between different practices. Some will see you immediately or at the first available appointment (I started my 2 pregnancies so far at 2 different practices and both got me in in less than a week, even though I told them I'd just gotten my positive test and was exactly 4 weeks pregnant LOL). Maybe they do it b/c they would rather book you and hook you before you call a different practice that will see you earlier, so they don't lose your potential business. Some of those that see women early on like to do a 'confirmation ultrasound' very early on even though it's usually not needed. (though it can be helpful early on if you are unsure of your period or ovulation dates, since earlier ultrasounds are better for estimating gestational age). If they do have you come in early, they may go ahead and do some blood tests and give you some info on nutrition and other issues to be mindful of during pregnancy. Very very individual. Some will have you wait until later in the first trimester when the risk of miscarriage has dropped significantly, b/c very early on there's not really much they could do about it if it were to happen. Anyway all that is to say that different midwives and OBs can have very different policies. And the early pregnancy policies are just the beginning of the many possible differences.

Anyway, OP good luck and I sincerely hope that your test was right and the dr's was wrong. It definitely does happen, especially early on. Try not to stress, take care of yourself, and retest when you're ready.
  • chicagocubsfan23
    Options

How did you get in to the doctor so fast? Most will just tell you to trust the test and make an appt for around 12 weeks.

I just called and told them what happened and they told me to come in...
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    While it's true it could be a false positive, you probably should have blood work done. You COULD have had a misscarriage I suppose, but the HcG would still have been present in the urine. Also, if they are using what we use in lab classes, they basically have a little strip that they dip in, and it will turn a certain color if you are pregnant. However, often times these have been sitting a while and like anything, with age, they can become less effective. Not only that, but, as someone mentioned they are not meant to "prematurely" detect pregnancy. It has a higher hormone level than something like First Response. What you could do is make another appointment and have blood work done. The HcG will also be present in your blood, and more detectable as well. Plus they can tell you the exact levels. And if it is (which I highly doubt) a miscarriage, there are also certain hormone levels that will be lower than average, and certain levels that will be higher. But it would seem that you are pregnant. If you told him about the THREE tests you took, he should have had blood drawn as well. It makes no sense to me why he didn't.
  • jenniferhe
    jenniferhe Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    While it's true it could be a false positive, you probably should have blood work done. You COULD have had a misscarriage I suppose, but the HcG would still have been present in the urine. Also, if they are using what we use in lab classes, they basically have a little strip that they dip in, and it will turn a certain color if you are pregnant. However, often times these have been sitting a while and like anything, with age, they can become less effective. Not only that, but, as someone mentioned they are not meant to "prematurely" detect pregnancy. It has a higher hormone level than something like First Response. What you could do is make another appointment and have blood work done. The HcG will also be present in your blood, and more detectable as well. Plus they can tell you the exact levels. And if it is (which I highly doubt) a miscarriage, there are also certain hormone levels that will be lower than average, and certain levels that will be higher. But it would seem that you are pregnant. If you told him about the THREE tests you took, he should have had blood drawn as well. It makes no sense to me why he didn't.

I agree in getting a blood test. Also don't feel bad in getting a second opinion from another doctor.
  • misty1627
    Options
    A line is not a line I found out at the doctor's today. Their test came back negative. I won't be buying First Response pregnancy tests again that's for sure. I'm pretty bummed :frown:

I been trying for 2 years now and its so hard when u find out ur not and u see people who get one night stand and get pregnege
  • karisbear
    karisbear Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    OOoohh!!! Im excited cant wait for the update!
  • chicagocubsfan23
    Options
    Well my gynocologist said in a few weeks if I haven't gotten my period to take another pregnancy test so that is definitely what I am going to do. Until then I'll just continue eating healthy, exercising, and having baby making love with my hubby lol.
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Remember the dr's tests can test at a different level. My dr's test at 50 HCG, the FRE tests at 25 or lower.

I hope things turn out the way you'd like:flowerforyou:
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Well my gynocologist said in a few weeks if I haven't gotten my period to take another pregnancy test so that is definitely what I am going to do. Until then I'll just continue eating healthy, exercising, and having baby making love with my hubby lol.

just consider yourself preggo until you have your period. Good luck
  • SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Good! I'm really eager for an update, so let us know! I would try not to get my hopes too high, but really, with the things my doctor says... Well, like I said before, he doesn't even run a test in office-- he says the pee-on-a-stick tests are as good (apparently possibly better) as any doctors, so... yeah.
    You're lucky your doctor gets you in so early, none here let people in until week 10 or something-- feels like a lifetime! So go in when she'll let you... Then update us!
    Best of luck!