GPS & HR monitor?

Options
Hi does anyone have suggestions on a good GPS & HR monitor? I am starting to look for one since I've been getting into running. I'm just not sure where to start. If anyone has any suggestions or tips I would love to hear them. Thanks!

Replies

• daniela3264352
    Options
    The polar RS300X with the GPS foot thingy is a lil pricey but awesome and worth every penny!
  • wtorc
    wtorc Posts: 9
    Options
    Garmin Forerunner 305---I've use mind for five years and it is correct---also good tech support in the USA.......wts

I have had one with a foot pod and they are not as good, the data will be off if you change your gait/stride in any way---garmin has free soft ware to down load for the data on the watch so you can keep record of your runs....
  • tebbs915
    tebbs915 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I have an Ironman which I love, but it doesn't track GPS.

I have heard great things about the Garmin HRMs though -- you might want to check out their website!
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I use the Garmin Forerunner 305 and I like it. My wife uses the Garmin Forerunner 210, which I wish I had one too :wink:

The Forerunner 210 is a little smaller than the 305 and has an actual watch function when the GPS isn't turned on (the 305 has to be powered on and only on certain screens can you see the time). Both watches can do interval training (which is why my wife picked the 210 over one of the other cheaper models).

Neither one is cheap.
  • felicityksr
    felicityksr Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    If you have a smartphone, there is an app with a GPS you can use while running. http://runkeeper.com/running-app

I bought a small Spibelt to keep my phone in. It really stretches to hold a few things while you are running. http://www.spibelt.com/

Then you could get a Polar F4 or F6 which is a really good HRM.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    my hubby has a Garmin and loves it.
  • abfritz
    abfritz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love my garmin! I bet you could find some used online. It awesome to be able to tell at a glance how far and how fast you're going.
  • jenniferhe
    jenniferhe Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your input :)