Blister advice?

Options
:ohwell: I don't want blister's to hinder me from going on a walk. My feet sweat horribly so it becomes easy for them to slide around in my shoes after awhile. Does anyone have a solution or suggestion?
Thanks!
Mandy

Replies

• AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    Bandaids... that's what I use! :)
  • Jones4177
    Jones4177 Posts: 136
    Options
    I have used Oder Eaters because I have sweaty feet. They help me...just the powder
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I swear I have the sweatiest feet in the world. I use some of the Karma Sutra Honey Dust (you can get it at the x-rated store or from parties) and combined with good wicking socks I haven't had any problems with blisters.
  • AureliaCotta
    AureliaCotta Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Don't wear cotton socks--they will tear up your feet. Go to your local running store (or the fitness section of your local Target/WalMart) and get socks designed for running and working out.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Injinji toe socks. Pricey, but worth every cent. (for me)
  • amymaria91
    Options
    They sell actual blister plasters, I find them great. It's basically a plaster that is padded, sometimes with gel
  • Montco_cancel
    Montco_cancel Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Buy some wrightsocks. They are double layer. One layer sticks to the foot, the other layer is the one that moves around. Just finished a half marathon with ZERO blisters. It was my first run with them.

http://www.wrightsock.com/
  • mdayishere
    Options
    Try to wash and dry your feet before u exercise and wear all white cotton socks. My daughter has the same problem and we also put some insoles in her tennis shoes for a better fit. If that doesn't help it is most likely time for a new pair and repeat the process. Good Luck :)
  • veganjeanie
    veganjeanie Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Thick athletic socks to prevent the blisters. They'll soak up the sweat and cushion your feet. Bandaids if it's too late for that. :)
  • aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Buy some wrightsocks. They are double layer. One layer sticks to the foot, the other layer is the one that moves around. Just finished a half marathon with ZERO blisters. It was my first run with them.

http://www.wrightsock.com/

YES - double layer socks are the answer! I LOVE these and they solved my blister problems. The double layer rubs together instead of rubbing your feet - genious!
  • seph_house
    seph_house Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    good, well wicking and thick socks (yeh, i know, thick socks make them feel warmer, but they keep your foot stable within the shoe) and of course well fitting shoes, are the best prevention method.
    That or finding a good set of walking sandles where your feet can get a good flow of air to keep them drier? I'm not a fan but that's mainly because i've never found a pair that fit just right :/

once you have the blister... the special blister sticking plasters you can get (Compeed do a good one here in the UK, don't know about US/elsewhere though) are worth it. they can stay on for a few days through showers and everything & really spead up the healing process for me.
  • paigele
    paigele Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    @ Montco, where have you been all my running life? I have needed that adv ice forEVER with my funky shaped feet that always get blisters and callouses. I am all over getting those socks TODAY!! Thanks!
  • Montco_cancel
    Options
    @ Montco, where have you been all my running life? I have needed that adv ice forEVER with my funky shaped feet that always get blisters and callouses. I am all over getting those socks TODAY!! Thanks!

Haha, no problem. I was having issues as well and had a friend recommend them to me. They work like a charm. And they aren't thick so it doesn't make your feet sweatier or anything.
  • mandyjohns
    Options
    Thank you so much!!! I really appreciate all the advice!!! WOW! I wasn't expecting to get so much feedback with actual solutions! So, I have just ordered two pairs of wrightsock's and one pair of injinji. I've never spent so much for socks! But it will be worth it if it helps and prevents blisters. I also just purchased this evening a new pair of running shoes. I tried on quite a few pairs and found the Nike Dual Fusion to be the most comfortable. I was bouncing around the store testing the shoes out.
    I'm excited about the socks because this has been an ongoing problem for me my whole life. When my family goes on vacation, it takes no time before I develop a blister from all the walking around. Then I'm miserable trying not to make everyone else miserable.
    Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!
    -Mandy
  • mandyjohns
    Options
    By the way... I got my new socks from socksaddict.com. They have free shipping and if you sign up for their email, they'll give you a promo code for 10% off the purchase. So, my three pairs of socks cost just under $30.00.
    I am a bit concerned about the sock size on the injinji socks (toe socks). They show that my size would really fall in the size XS but when you go to select the size, they don't have any availible? So, I ordered the Small. I hope they won't be too big. I'd hate for the pinky toe to stick out really far... haha! :)
  • Montco_cancel
    Options
    Mandyjohns, they are expensive, but well worth it. In order to maximize lifespan, make sure to only wear them while running/walking. I always take them off as soon as I'm done my workout. Gotta make those expensive socks last, haha.