Arm toning for women! What works?

Options
I have ugly looking flabby arms and want to know what i can do to get rid of them?
Using weights or without weights. Please help!

Replies

• oldy76
    oldy76 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Press ups rock! No equipment required :happy:
  • sweetpunani
    Options
    Do you have access to a gym?
  • Wendyma1
    Wendyma1 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I love strength training, I find it tones the whole body and doesnt just focus on any on area. One thing I noticed that works for me is the Jillian michaels, 30 day shred. You can do it at home, every work out is only 25 minutes, using light weights, but it works!

Feel free to add me for support, I'm working on toning right now as well.
    Wendy
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    push ups in the 30 day shred definitely made a huge difference for me!
  • Wallaby2
    Wallaby2 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Boxing can be good too and fun.
  • krypt5
    krypt5 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as "toning". To get rid of flab you simply have to drop bodyfat. Your nutrition is what will take care of that. Of course training with weight will help tighten the muscle, so do that as well.
  • dreambig_gohome
    dreambig_gohome Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Yes, it depends on whether you have access to a gym or not. And also how MUCH toning you want. I'm training pretty seriously and do several varieties of arm-specific weight lifting. If you want simple tone youll want to focus on lighter weights and higher reps. I generally focus on the lateral pull, the vertical press, the standing tricep extension and the seated cable row, as well as tricep dips and some other free weights/body bar aerobics.

If at home, you can invest in some five-weight dumbbells and try doing lunges and squats and focusing on aerobic movements with the arms. Hope that helps!
  • CavewomanCoby
    CavewomanCoby Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Boxing - the high levels of cardio will melt away the fat but will also be really beneficial in terms of getting some nice definition for your arms.
  • fancydancyme
    Options
    This is a great question - I'm really showing the flab due to lack of exercise and illness for many years. I can't do much at the moment but I want to start.

Do any of you know of a free website with practical toning exercises for a beginner? I would appreciate it as would the person who started this thread, I'm sure.

Thanks in advance!
  • misslyssa319
    misslyssa319 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    i've slimmed my arms about 3 inches each since june but still have the hanging flab. it is slowyly tightening up and i have awesome muscles now that i make my family feel all the time! here are some examples of what i've been doing with pics:

http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/features/tightening-and-toning-arms?page=2

good luck ladies!
  • sandadhya
    sandadhya Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the overwhelming response!