I did it

Options
BrettPGH
BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
I hit my first goal. Smashed right through it actually. I've lost 50lbs.

I stepped on the scale one day, hadn't done so in years. When I saw 263 I was horrified. I didn't think that number was possible for me. But there it was.

That was around 6 months ago. Since then I've eaten more turkey burgers, chicken salads, chicken pitas, chicken sandwiches and salmon dinners than I could count. No more cookies and milk before bed. No more donuts and bagels for breakfast.

I joined the Y and started swimming. I sucked at first. Swimming on my back like a grandmother because I couldn't breathe after 5 minutes. This morning I swam for an hour, freestyle the entire time. Like I do almost every morning.

I'm in bed before 10pm every night. I'm up at 4:30am to walk to the gym and make it to work on time. I used to suffer from the worst insomnia. Now I sleep like a baby.

It's been nothing but discipline and dedication, with plenty of sanity breaks along the way. I still eat pizza when I feel the need, like I will today. I still enjoy pad thai and even have Cheesecake Factory from time to time. I'm not following any diet or program. I've never had a trainer.

I log everything I eat into My Fitness Pal. I try to eat as healthy as possible for me and exercise as much as possible for me. And I have loved every single day. This is the best I've felt in I don't know how long. I get compliments every day. I feel like there's nothing I can't do.

And if I can do this, you can do this. Thank you MFP. Thank you so much.

Replies

• thoma74
    thoma74 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's a great story and very inspiring. Keep up the great work :-D
  • putnam80
    putnam80 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Kick *kitten*! Way to go man!
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Congrats on reaching your goal, Brett!!!! You do look great and have done an awesome job ! :drinker:
  • damecaite42
    damecaite42 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome! Congratulations and keep up the great work! :)
  • adrianneboyd
    adrianneboyd Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    WOW! Great job! I know the feeling. You finally sleep well and that in and of itself does wonders for the body!

Keep it up!
  • JoAnn73
    JoAnn73 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU !! GREAT JOB!!
  • mrsframer
    mrsframer Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Congratulations - what an inspiration
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Well done... but you have to STAY WITH THE PROGRAM. If you don't, it'll pile back on again. :)
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's a great story and very inspiring. Keep up the great work :-D

I would love to hear more from you as time goes on. You are really a wonderful inspiration.
  • DeenaSteelerGirl
    Options
    :happy: Congrats to you !! That is amazing !!!!!
  • BeanyFrog13
    BeanyFrog13 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    That's absolutely brilliant! :D
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Your a f*ucking rockstar!!!! Keep it up!!!!
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Rock Star for sure! Keep up the good work. I love to read stories like yours, it keeps me going. Have a great weekend!
  • dizzydi1968
    Options
    Well done thats excellent.
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    Well done. Thanks for sharing. You got this !
  • kdavc
    kdavc Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Congrats and thank you for posting...love to hear sucess stories. Thanks for the morning motivation. :happy:
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I hit my first goal. Smashed right through it actually. I've lost 50lbs.

I stepped on the scale one day, hadn't done so in years. When I saw 263 I was horrified. I didn't think that number was possible for me. But there it was.

That was around 6 months ago. Since then I've eaten more turkey burgers, chicken salads, chicken pitas, chicken sandwiches and salmon dinners than I could count. No more cookies and milk before bed. No more donuts and bagels for breakfast.

I joined the Y and started swimming. I sucked at first. Swimming on my back like a grandmother because I couldn't breathe after 5 minutes. This morning I swam for an hour, freestyle the entire time. Like I do almost every morning.

I'm in bed before 10pm every night. I'm up at 4:30am to walk to the gym and make it to work on time. I used to suffer from the worst insomnia. Now I sleep like a baby.

It's been nothing but discipline and dedication, with plenty of sanity breaks along the way. I still eat pizza when I feel the need, like I will today. I still enjoy pad thai and even have Cheesecake Factory from time to time. I'm not following any diet or program. I've never had a trainer.

I log everything I eat into My Fitness Pal. I try to eat as healthy as possible for me and exercise as much as possible for me. And I have loved every single day. This is the best I've felt in I don't know how long. I get compliments every day. I feel like there's nothing I can't do.

And if I can do this, you can do this. Thank you MFP. Thank you so much.

Congratulations. Coincidentally, I started out at 263 as well. I've only lost 23 lbs in 2 years. Your succes is my inspiration and refocus.
  • mleoni092708
    mleoni092708 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    What an inspirational story! Great job!
  • DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Awesome, congrats!! Keep up the good work, and :bigsmile: gimme your secrets:blushing:
  • jfrog123
    jfrog123 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    You have definitely rocked it! Congrats on such a great accomplishment :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!