30 Day Shred Start 10/25/2011

Options

Replies

• tpt42087
    tpt42087 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I started shredding on the 25th to... so id like to join.

Is it "mandatory" to move up a level every 10 days? On the beginning of the video she says to move up a level when you're ready ... i honestly don't know if I will be ready to move up a level. Ive done 2 days of Level 1 so far and really really struggle through the jumping jacks/cardio sessions. The thought of level 2 terrifies me right now! lol !

No you dont have to moce up every 10 days. I saw somewhere some lady did each level for 30 days and called it the 90 day shred! You do whats good for you!
  • tpt42087
    Options
    it says on the internet that it burns around 180 calories per session, so to be on the safe side i log it as 150 calories. i just added an exercise manually and allocated 150 cals.

I saw that at 154lb female burns about 506 calories an hour. Im way heavier than that and when I add it to circuit traning it says I burn a little over 300calories. It does say that the dvd a full-body circuit training workout routine so thats why I add it as that
  • mariefrazier
    mariefrazier Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    can you explain what this is or where I would find out more about it so I can check it out thoroughly before jumping in. thanks
  • MaterMama
    Options
    I started on 10/24. Today was Level 1 Day 4. I have noticed today was a bit easier. :) I didn't feel lie I was going to die the entire time just part of the time. lol I am looking forward to doing it again tomorrow.
  • 05saleengirl
    Options
    L1D4 done! Woo hoo... but man am I sore! Ugh! Night all!
  • 05saleengirl
    Options
    can you explain what this is or where I would find out more about it so I can check it out thoroughly before jumping in. thanks

It is a workout dvd that has 3 levels. You are supossed to do each level for 10 day, 30 days straight. Some of us do take a day off here and there. Here is a preview of the dvd and some reviews on it:

http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/jillian-michaels-30-day-shred-7963
  • edinphx
    edinphx Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    L1D3 done! felt a little sluggish probably because i startred so late.

Keep it up everyone!

Ed
  • ashbergum
    ashbergum Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm a few days late, but I would love to join you ladies! I started this about a month ago, got to L2D2 and got really sick and quit for a few days and never picked it back up, but I had AWESOME results just in those almost two weeks. I'll move on to level 2 when you guys do and just do level 3 a few extra days after you guys are finished (hopefully I don't die ;)). Just a little bit about me... I'm 5'3", current weight 144 lbs. I'm a compulsive weigher lol... I'm actually going to weigh in and measure when I start the video (after some sleep since it's 1 am) later today, then put my scale in the basement so if I feel the need to weigh myself times a day I'll at least get a little exercise doing it! I'm trying to get down to 125-130, depending on where I feel comfortable at. I'll probably take one day a week off.. not sure which one yet, or give myself 4 free days througout the program. I plan on doing a little bit of extra cardio throughout the week so I figure a few days off won't hurt and I'll just do that many more in the end to equal 10 days. I'm excited to have a support group, last time I started with 3 sister in laws, one made it two days, one made it one day, and the other didn't even start lol... not very supportive. Watch for my friend requests! :) Thanks ladies!!!
  • AWiggity
    Options
    I like knowing that there are other people doing this insane video. I have to wake up and do it early in the a.m or else I won't get it done with my crazy work and family and kids etc. etc. Yesterday was my day 1, level 1. Today I woke up to do day 2 and I could barely get outta bed. But I did it! I think I am going to take off Sundays. I can't even imagine that there will be the day that this kind of video comes easy to us, like the girls in the video.
  • tpt42087
    Options
    I'm a few days late, but I would love to join you ladies! I started this about a month ago, got to L2D2 and got really sick and quit for a few days and never picked it back up, but I had AWESOME results just in those almost two weeks. I'll move on to level 2 when you guys do and just do level 3 a few extra days after you guys are finished (hopefully I don't die ;)). Just a little bit about me... I'm 5'3", current weight 144 lbs. I'm a compulsive weigher lol... I'm actually going to weigh in and measure when I start the video (after some sleep since it's 1 am) later today, then put my scale in the basement so if I feel the need to weigh myself times a day I'll at least get a little exercise doing it! I'm trying to get down to 125-130, depending on where I feel comfortable at. I'll probably take one day a week off.. not sure which one yet, or give myself 4 free days througout the program. I plan on doing a little bit of extra cardio throughout the week so I figure a few days off won't hurt and I'll just do that many more in the end to equal 10 days. I'm excited to have a support group, last time I started with 3 sister in laws, one made it two days, one made it one day, and the other didn't even start lol... not very supportive. Watch for my friend requests! :) Thanks ladies!!!

Im also a compulsive weigher so I know how you feel but I got a little better at it! lol I was thinking of taking Sundays off but I might do what you said and just take off 4 random days. Good Luck!
  • tpt42087
    Options
    I like knowing that there are other people doing this insane video. I have to wake up and do it early in the a.m or else I won't get it done with my crazy work and family and kids etc. etc. Yesterday was my day 1, level 1. Today I woke up to do day 2 and I could barely get outta bed. But I did it! I think I am going to take off Sundays. I can't even imagine that there will be the day that this kind of video comes easy to us, like the girls in the video.

Lol yes we are doing this insane video too :smile: I feel the same way as you! Crazy hectic life over here! I made a schedule starting next week I hope I can stick to it! Get up at 6 do my 30ds shower get kids ready drop daughter off to school then hit the gym......Good Luck! And today was my day 4 and I feel a huge difference since day 1! Seriously I can do the jumping jacks and jump rope good now no stopping!
  • ashbergum
    Options

Just when ya start to feel like you've got it, you move up a level and hell starts all over again ;)
  • AWiggity
    Options
    I have no time to go to the gym. That's why I decided to try this 30DS because if I can't fit in 22 minutes I'd be seriously pathetic. So I am just calorie counting and doing the 30DS. I have to wake up at about 5:30 to do it, get the kids ready for school and go to work. And I am ignoring ashbergums comment for now, about the insanity starting over again when I go up the next level. :cry:
  • eep610
    eep610 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 5 DONE!!!
  • tpt42087
    Options
    Level 1 Day 5 DONE!!!

Wtg!!!!
  • kenziberry
    kenziberry Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Where do you go to put the green writing that you have. The SW and CW. I see a lot of people have them but I only have the ticker, not sure where to go for it. Thanks!
  • tpt42087
    Options
    Ok today was day4 and it as great! Im almost back to normal :) lol not to sore!!! And this is getting a little easier. ashbergum dont scare me! :happy: Im still gonna go 10 days with level 1 Next Fri I move to level 2 and Im a little worried! Well I am doing about 3 challenge's right now so I will try n get on here at least once a day.

My mini goal for the weekend and next week is to try n not eat as much. Im burning about 1000 calories a day and Im supossed to eat 1580 so I've been eating around 2000 calories and I think that is why I only lost .2lbs this week :angry: Next week is goinna be a new week! Getting up early around 6am do my 30 day shred before I get the kids up deal with my babies :love: Then off to the gym! Im gonna do the stepping machine for 25 minutes and the elipticall machine for bout 45 minutes hoping this will help with my results next friday!!! :smile:

Good Luck To Everyone!
  • ashbergum
    Options
    I have no time to go to the gym. That's why I decided to try this 30DS because if I can't fit in 22 minutes I'd be seriously pathetic. So I am just calorie counting and doing the 30DS. I have to wake up at about 5:30 to do it, get the kids ready for school and go to work. And I am ignoring ashbergums comment for now, about the insanity starting over again when I go up the next level. :cry:

If it didn't get harder it wouldn't do what it's meant to do! :) The first 3 days of each level are the hardest, but you can do it!! It's so worth it!!
  • tpt42087
    Options
    L1 Day5 done it was a little harder today I guess cauise it's Sat and trying to balance thing with both kids here but it's done and I feel great!!!
  • eep610
    eep610 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 6 Done! 20% of the way through the program!