JillianMichaels.com

Options
Have you joined? Is it worth it?

Basically, I am a wimp and need the structure of a "program". I am considering joining Jillian Michael's website and am seeking some feedback.

Thanks!

Replies

• NoMoreYoYoJP
    Options
    Have you joined? Is it worth it?

Basically, I am a wimp and need the structure of a "program". I am considering joining Jillian Michael's website and am seeking some feedback.

Thanks!
  • MeMo81
    MeMo81 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi,

I have not joined her website but I think she is great!

If you have on Demand you should check out her workout. It's under Sports & Fitness and then Exercise TV. Select Jillian Michaels and you can do her workout. It's great & she has two levels you can follow.

If you join the website I can only imagine you will receive a more in depth workout & health plan.

Good luck!

154235.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • tazzy
    tazzy Posts: 197
    Options
    Hi I got the website free for a month with 30 day shred I did cancel the subscription I didnt think it was worth the money I do love Jillian and I love her work but the forum on her website was no better than this one but this is free save your money. Download her podcasts the inspiration may be enough other than that MFP is fine.

Good luck
  • NoMoreYoYoJP
    Options
    Thanks MeMo and Tazzy!

I am picking up her book today "Winning by losing : real weight loss for real people" from the library and will make my decision after reading that.

I was wondering if the same thing can be accomplished here for free. I like free and frequent the library on many items!!
  • AllyKM
    AllyKM Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    If you have a Wii, I recommend the Jillian Michaels "game". It's a killer workout but not impossible to do. Very motivating and no doubt you can feel it working your muscles. Keeps a nice pace no matter how long of a workout and what skill level you choose.
    It also has a tracking system for your progress and weight.
  • xfluffyfrogx
    Options
    Thanks MeMo and Tazzy!

I am picking up her book today "Winning by losing : real weight loss for real people" from the library and will make my decision after reading that.

I was wondering if the same thing can be accomplished here for free. I like free and frequent the library on many items!!

Using your library is probably one of the best things. I have recently started going to mine for a lot more then a good book to read. I have read about a lot of people on here getting great workout dvd's and books from the library and its all free. :smile:
  • NoMoreYoYoJP
    Options
    Thanks AllyKM and xfluffyfrogx!

Unfortunately, I do not own a wii. But I have been pleasantly surprised, and sometimes amazed, at what's available at my local library.

I have even noticed "new releases" being available for many of the workout dvds I seen on this site. Usually a wait list, but for free, I can wait!

I'm just getting started, again, and appreciate all the feedback!!
  • Dreaj79
    Dreaj79 Posts: 212
    Options
    I am a member of her site. It has kind of the same format as here except there is no calorie tracking feature. They have message boards and she gives u exercises and a menu for everyday. There is also a feature where u can view and search recipes, but I haven't done that yet. I have both her books and there is nothing in her website that is not in those.

That being said, I love JM. She is so inspirational and down to earth. If you just want her motivation, she has a weekly radio show that lasts for 2 hours where she talks about fitness and health. U can find new eps on Itunes and on jillianmichaels.com(the free part) old eps u can find at mediafly.com.

I've learned so much from listening to her and it has really helped to motivate me. Check those things out first before u subscribe to her site.
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    love JM. listen to her podcasts with every gym visit. she has a new book coming out tomorrow. it's on my mothers day wish list. in fact it's the only thing on there.....:wink: her new dvd boosting matablism is on demand and killer. hour long....
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    :heart: I love her new dvd Boost Metabolism Burn Fat. It is the first dvd of hers I have tried and it is killer. I thought I was in good shape but I was working hard. Everytime I thought there might be a break to catch your breath she would go right into another cycle. It is an awesome dvd.:happy:
  • Paeonia
    Paeonia Posts: 161
    Options
    I think this website + a good workout routine is really all you need. A dvd that you own is a good investment, along with a set of hand weights. I personally love the 30 Day Shred for toning, although you really need to go extra cardio to get your calorie burn up. However the toning that you get from the shred in such little time is amazing :drinker:

Good luck to you :)
  • sherris
    sherris Posts: 112
    Options
    sorry i didn't want to start another Jillian Michaels' post....i was going to buy the 30 day shred...now i just learn your need wieghts with this dvd? for someone just starting out..does it ask u to use weights or is that somthing you work up 2?
  • Paeonia
    Paeonia Posts: 161
    Options
    sorry i didn't want to start another Jillian Michaels' post....i was going to buy the 30 day shred...now i just learn your need wieghts with this dvd? for someone just starting out..does it ask u to use weights or is that somthing you work up 2?

You need to use weights. I'm a strength training beginner so I used 3 lb weights, and let me tell you, it KILLED...but you have to push yourself to get your muscles to change.

What you will be doing for the first week probably is modifying the heck out of the exercises if you're not used to any strength training, then you'll find your body adapting and getting stronger and not needing to mod as much.

You can find a set of weights for cheap, and make sure you get the soft kind because if you're like me, you'll be throwing them to the ground after each strength circuit :laugh:
  • NoMoreYoYoJP
    Options
    Awesome Awesome stuff! Thank you everyone!