Barbie and Tattoos!

Options

Replies

• chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I have 3 kids (one is a girl) and a tattoo AND stretch marks. I just want her to have a good body image and be happy with who she is... whoever that turns out to be :)
  • emilynicole02
    emilynicole02 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I hated Barbies as a kid. I remeber I took one once burnt of all its hair and hung it from a tree infront of the house of a little girl i didnt get along with.Then my parents took me to therapy:grumble:

LMFAO!!!
  • MissSharkattack
    MissSharkattack Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I would buy that for myself, and if I had a kid, Id definitely buy one for her. Its the only cool looking barbie :D
  • CollegeGirl19
    Options
    I love tattoos and this Barbie is totally adorbs. <3
  • emilynicole02
    Options
    Shut up and Parent!

Not you- just in general. You don't want your kids exposed to tattoos? You better be curtailing their exposure to tv, books, those little fake tattoo dispensers at the store, etc.

The idea that tattoos are bad is so 1900s. LOL But really, look around- I know more people with tattoos than I do without. Smoking Barbie (which we had back in the 60s) or Meth Barbie would be questionable. But tattoos? sheesh

I 110% agree with you! There is SO many more things in life that (if/when I have kids) I would be more worried about!
  • emilynicole02
    Options
    Shut up and Parent!

Not you- just in general. You don't want your kids exposed to tattoos? You better be curtailing their exposure to tv, books, those little fake tattoo dispensers at the store, etc.

The idea that tattoos are bad is so 1900s. LOL But really, look around- I know more people with tattoos than I do without. Smoking Barbie (which we had back in the 60s) or Meth Barbie would be questionable. But tattoos? sheesh

I 110% agree with you! There are SO many other things in life that (if/when I have kids) I would be more worried about!
  • Summerleahd
    Summerleahd Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    If they don't like it, then don't buy it. I'm not sure why this is a big deal. I have two girls and if I think a toy is unacceptable, I just won't buy it.
  • sryan8408
    sryan8408 Posts: 244
    Options
    I don't see any true problem with the tattoos. But I am also not a parent yet so I'm not sure if I would buy it for my kid but obviously its not an option since its sold out and a collectors item. I certainly wouldn't buy it as a gift for anyone though unless it was specifically asked for since there are people that are outraged by it.
  • Summerleahd
    Summerleahd Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I just read the article, and that cactus dog thing is too cute. I would buy it just for that
  • candicole007
    candicole007 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Shut up and Parent!

^^^This^^^ So much this. If you don't want your kids to have one - don't friggin buy it. If you don't want them to see a tattoo - lock them in a closet, because tattoos are everywhere. I also completely agree with the unrealistic body type, and hoochie clothes also. Not all women with tattoos (I am one) dress like hookers. Just sayin... :wink:
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    StrengthIDidntKnow Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    The only thing that would stop me from buying it for my daughter is that it is $50. I saw it somewhere and thought it looked pretty cool.
  • Vegan_Chick
    Vegan_Chick Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Its funny that parents are worried about how this will effect their children when they are buying a Barbie in the first place. I would prefer my daughter getttng a tattoo than throwing up in the bathroom to be skinny and getting fake boobs (isn't that what Barbie portrays?).
  • Vegan_Chick
    Options
    Meth Barbie would be questionable.

I have to say that if Meth Barbie came out, I would HAVE to get me one!
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    With all that is going on in the world...this seems so trivial. Let us all go hug our children.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    So are all of the complaining parents tatoo free? Cause if not, than they need to shut up and chill out. Love the dogs name though.:laugh:
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Here's the thing: if parents don't buy it, the company will have lost money. I am not personally fond of tattoos, so I would just tell my daughter NO. It's a simple, two-letter word that many parents need to learn. Thankfully, my daughter is kind of past the Barbie stage, but even if she wasn't, if I didn't want her to have it, I would just simply say no. My son wants an iPad for Christmas...not happening (I don't even have an iPad--he is certainly not getting one before Mom does!). I've already told him NO and to begin looking for other things he might enjoy having. There are many other things my kids want, but that doesn't mean they are going to get them! Some they won't get because they are beyond my budget, others because I think they are too young. That's why I'm the mommy and they aren't.

Instead of screaming at the company and getting all up in arms and calling the media, parents need to simply let their wallets do the talking. If it sells well, the company will continue to put things like this out. If it doesn't, they won't do it again. Simple economics. No need to get into a tizzy about it!
  • rrrbecca11
    Options
    Its funny that parents are worried about how this will effect their children when they are buying a Barbie in the first place. I would prefer my daughter getttng a tattoo than throwing up in the bathroom to be skinny and getting fake boobs (isn't that what Barbie portrays?).

Yep, exactly. And TELL me this Barbie hasn't had the fat lip injections??
  • Kimberlycc
    Options
    Did anyone see the new comedy show 'Man Up' this week? It was great! The 7 yr. old girl's aunt took her to get a 'tramp stamp' (a temporary henna tatto). The little girl loved it and wanted to get a permanent one when she's older. The mother was horrified saying, how is her daughter going to be percieved when she pursues a career as a doctor? So, the aunt decides to take her to the doctor to show her how they remove a permanent tatto, so it would change her mind about getting one when she's older. When the little girl's mother asked her about her experience and if she still wanted the tatto, the daughter says, "I don't want to be a doctor! They HURT people!"
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options

There was a meth barbie,and there was also a trailer trash Barbie.I used to know someone who had them,but I dont remeber where she got them
  • Vegan_Chick
    Options

There was a meth barbie,and there was also a trailer trash Barbie.I used to know someone who had them,but I dont remeber where she got them

Seriously?!!?!?!?!?! I totally miss out on all the fun. (I blame it on my dad because we didn't have cable growing up.)