Am I getting to skinny

Options

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    why does the opinion of a bunch of strangers on the internet matter?

Look in the mirror and ask youirself if you are happy with your body... what you think is all that matters!
  • daves160
    daves160 Posts: 600
    Options
    Hey I think you look fantastic. I got a lot of comments and have been asked if i was sick(like cancer) because people are used to seeing me almost 80 lbs heavier. When hey see you thin and at a healthy weight, it looks too thin to them in comparison. They will get used to the new you.
  • akaChuck
    akaChuck Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    You look great!!! I like the top as well.
  • LizC26
    LizC26 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    You look fine---Not too skinny---The people around you are 1 of 2 things---1. They are used to seeing you bigger and can't grasp you at the weight you are now, or 2. Jealous of your success and would like to see you bigger to make themselves feel better.

Good Luck :)
  • arfog
    arfog Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I don't think you look too thin. You're doing a great job!! :)
  • killerqueen17
    killerqueen17 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Agreed with all of the above-- you look great! If you really want to lose a little more, I personally don't think that would be a big deal... but at the same time you look great at your current weight! You are not "too skinny"-- your face still looks healthy, not sunken or drawn. Great job!! :)
  • Beckym1205
    Beckym1205 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    You don't look too skinny, I think you look great.
  • Southernsister
    Southernsister Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    we don't always see ourselves as others....and I know my friends on here care and will tell me the truth
  • ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I think you look great! But I do agree with others here that say your doctor is the best judge of whether or not you're at a healthy weight. But you sure look healthy and beautiful to me.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    He says im healthy and all is great. Im 5'4 so what should I weigh?

What you should weigh could vary greatly. I think the big question is "do YOU think you are getting too skinny". If you are in the healthy range by the charts, your health is good (no lack of energy or nutrient deficiencies), and you are happy with your weight, then it's unlikely that you are too skinny.
  • KelleFlr
    KelleFlr Posts: 142
    Options
    You are an inspiration and you look so beautiful. I love the lace top :) of course this is all my opinion... I agree with the others, if you feel good and look healthy, no you are not too skinny. My mom lost a lot of weight when I was in my teens and she was in her mid to late 30's... I think she lived on tuna and melba toast. she was 5' 8 got down to 135 or less and looked very guant in her cheeks. My dad asked her to stop as he thought it was too thin. She looked healthy at 140. Not sure what the BMI was.
    I think the BMI is bull too. My friend is very small framed, probably an A cup and 5' 4 I am 5'3 so the BMI is supposed to be the same for us--- she looks good at 125 right now which is 21 BMI. She wants to lose about 10 lbs and firm up, her pants are feeling tight on her. She has a small upper body and a bit of a booty. Me, i have a larger boned frame, muscular thighs and calfs, I am 38 DD and have been a DD even when I was at 187. I was a C in high school. Not sure if having babies changed that. But after kids my body is different shaped than when I was 19.
    I agree with checking with the Dr. Even at my current weight of 204 my cholesterol is good, triglycerides and blood sugars and all that...
    So I blabbed on and on... and bottom line in my humble opinion.... you look fantastic. If you feel/or think you need to lose more regardless of the BMI then I would think you know best what is best for you as long as you have a positive self image. My fear for me is will I get to a goal weight and still feel fat and think I am and keep trying to lose more to an unhealthy range. Hope that makes sense.

HUGZ
    Kelle
  • Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    In my experience, when your friends say 'don't get any skinnier' what they really mean is 'don't get skinnier THAN ME'.

You look great and evidence suggests that if you get to your actual goal you are more likely to stay there.

Good luck

Di x

^^^^ This.

I am about your weight and height. I've heard that too from a few folks. Makes me want to work that much harder to get to my goal I originally set out for myself. I don't want to quit now. Go for your intended goal and see how it looks, see how you feel.
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    I think you are GORGEOUS!
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I think you look absolutely Beautiful. Not Too skinny. Its just the people who are saying you look sick have seen you through all of your changes. Just tell them to be happy that you are healthy!!!!

Could be jealousy too.
    This^^

I think you look amazing my friend! Awesome job!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I think you look fantastic! I've had a similar experience lately where people are asking how much more I'd like to lose and are genuinely shocked when I say 25 more pounds. I think they're so used to seeing me as a much larger person, it's hard to fathom that I could get much smaller but, like you say, I still have meat! LOL!

It also makes me think of my mother's weight loss efforts lately. She only had 10-15 pounds to lose and did it fairly easily but now all her clothes are too big and her friends are all worried about her health.

I think people mean well when they express concern but you have to do what's right for a healthier you.

Congratulations!
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I think you look great! Maybe they are just concerned since you do look great right now that you might take it too far?
    Congratulations to you! You must be so happy about your progress! :)
  • alexa_image
    alexa_image Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    You look super fabulous!!!!
    As long as you feel healthy that's what matters.
    I think you look great, Keep up the good work!
  • marquesajen
    Options
    You look fine to me! How do you feel? If it will give you peace of mind go visit a doctor for an opinion :D
  • 16mixingbowls
    16mixingbowls Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    The most important thing I read in your initial post was that you FEEL GREAT. This is what is important. If you feel strong, and healthy, and good about yourself, then tell this to people who say you're too skinny. Don't go by generalized BMIs and other facts that are just guidelines.

Way to go on all of your progress!!! I love your lace top.
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I think you look great! Definitely NOT sickly. If you feel great, you are probably fine right where you are. If you want to lose more (for say, bathing suit season) I would not lose more than 10 more pounds at most...but again, you have to feel comfortable with where you are. Or stay where you are weight-wise and concentrate on toning.
    Either way...GREAT JOB!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!