Ok...I don't understand but not here to offend

Options
Okay,

So I recently posted (and I mean recently about 1 minute ago) an announcement that I was holding an online benefit event to help support Breast Cancer Awareness and 2 out of the 3 posts are already gone.

I am not here to solicit products or offend anyone. I dont have a lot of money to spare and am constantly trying to find ways to help support with many different causes. When I found out that AVON allows you to hold online events that donate a percentage of the earnings towards any benefit of your choosing I thought GREAT.

And honestly since I joined MFP, everyone has been very supportive and encouraging so I thought what better place to announce this event then here.

I am honestly baffled that the posts were taken off so quickly as they werent meant to offend and I am not trying to SOLICIT. Yes, it is a business and will make money but again....a percentage of all the money earned was to be donated.

Sorry if I offended anyone with this but....I was just looking for help.

Replies

• FAVOLOSOMII
    FAVOLOSOMII Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I understand your point, but when the moderators say ANY product, I believe they mean ANY product. Sorry you had that experience - but I think what you're going to do is great!
  • acorbett07
    Options
    Thanks,

I appreciate it.

You are the first person to put in nicely and wish me well. One comment was quite as nicely out and more accussing me of soliciting and being out for myself .

I am going to APOLOGIZE one more time for the record and state that if everyone here really knew me they would know that I would NEVER use a cause such as Breast Cancer Awareness or any other cause for that matter, soley to benefit only myself.

I have a big heart and was just looking for anyway that I can help becuase of that fact that I don't have a lot of money or volunteer time to spare....as much as I wish I did.

Sorry and hope everyone has a great day
  • Mike
    Mike Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Sorry - we know you meant well but unfortunately, we have to be very strict about disallowing solicitations on the forums, even for worthy causes. As you can imagine, there are a lot of people who would like to request donations through the site, or advertise their products and services. We have had to put the no solicitations rule in place to make sure the forums don't become full of such requests.

Hope you can understand why this rule is in place. Thanks for your understanding and hope you are enjoying MyFitnessPal.
This discussion has been closed.