PACKET OATMEAL.....

Options
I LOVE packages of oatmeal. They are taste, fast and I can keep them at work and make them when ever I am hungry. Right now, i just eat what ever looks yummy! Like right now I have the regular Quaker Oatmeal packets that have cin and apple, maple and brown sugar. My question is...i know there is a lot of sugar in them...so what brands do you like? Flavors??

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I like regular old ghetto quick oats, but I add stuff to it, like whey protein, applesauce, pudding/etc.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I buy the plain and add my own stuff...peanut butter, apples, cinnamon, pumpkin, walnuts, etc. A little honey to sweeten it maybe...
  • MB_Positif
    Options
    I like regular old ghetto quick oats, but I add stuff to it, like whey protein, applesauce, pudding/etc.

Hmmm...never thought about adding pudding. Interesting
  • amandae79
    amandae79 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    so you make it accordning to the oatmeal instructions AND then add in the yummies?
  • theroadto100
    theroadto100 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I do the plain oatmeal packets (only 100 calories) and add whatever I want :)
  • amandae79
    Options
    I buy the plain and add my own stuff...peanut butter, apples, cinnamon, pumpkin, walnuts, etc. A little honey to sweeten it maybe...

PUMPKIN... please do tell. Like the canned or pumpkin spice. I LOVE PUMPKIN, never thought about adding it to oatmeal!
  • Sidesteal
    Options
    so you make it accordning to the oatmeal instructions AND then add in the yummies?

Yep. I use 1/2c or 1c quick oats, add some water, nuke for 1:45. Add 1/4c milk, 1scoop vanilla whey, a chopped up apple, some diced almonds.. BOOM. Apple pie flavor, good macros.
  • MB_Positif
    Options

Depending on what they are. If I add the apples, I put those in while I cook it so they soften a little :) Most everything else I just stir in while it's still hot. Another thing you can do which may sound weird, but you can add things like cooked egg and chopped avocado to oatmeal...I haven't done it, but I can see how it would work!
  • amandae79
    Options

Yep. I use 1/2c or 1c quick oats, add some water, nuke for 1:45. Add 1/4c milk, 1scoop vanilla whey, a chopped up apple, some diced almonds.. BOOM. Apple pie flavor, good macros.

Awesome! Thank you! Sounds easy enough and fast too!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Enter them and see how they fit into your goals for the day. Flavored oatmeal has a lot of sugar. You could always cut down on the sugar by using plain and add cinnamon.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options

I do this. I use hemp protein though and nut butter (almond/hazelnut/peanut). I can't have any dairy but before I figured that out I'd add Greek yogurt, so delicious.
  • amandae79
    Options

Awesome! Thank you! Sounds easy enough and fast too!

Oh and what brand of Vanilla whey is good?
  • swisspea
    swisspea Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I make my own in re-sealable plastic bags! You can add as much or little sugar/sweetner that you'd like, and yummy extras like nutmeg and dark chocolate!.
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Quaker Weight Control Maple & brown sugar. Has less sugar than the Low sugar quaker mapple and brown sugar!! SUPER YUMMY!!!!!
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I do old fashioned oats. #1 because they are cheap #2 because they have no sodium
    I add stevia drops and apple chunks.
    Thinkin' I may try PB2 next time. mmmm oatmeal!!
  • allie1904
    allie1904 Posts: 248
    Options
    I buy the 97 calorie plain sachets and add a TSP of Honey :)
  • rhonda999
    rhonda999 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Try adding sugar-free orange marmelade, or peach, blueberry. Also like honey added. Mmmm dark chocolate sounds good!
  • amandae79
    Options
    I make my own in re-sealable plastic bags! You can add as much or little sugar/sweetner that you'd like, and yummy extras like nutmeg and dark chocolate!.

GREAT IDEA! I can just bring the bags to work and put them in the cabinet, so i dont feel like I am bringing my entire kitchen cabinet with me ;)
  • MB_Positif
    Options
    as far as the pumpkin goes, I just add about a quarter cup of canned pumpkin and a sprinkle of cinnamon and nutmeg :) you could probably buy the pumpkin pie spice for additional flavor, but I am too cheap because I already have cinnamon and nutmeg...
  • Sidesteal
    Options

Oh and what brand of Vanilla whey is good?

Optimum Nutrition is the brand I'm currently using. Pleased with it too.