STARS 9 WEEK CHALLENGE (CLOSE GROUP) WK 5

Options

Replies

• getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    QOTD Thursday 10/27 - Lets say you have way too many calories and you need to burn a few before you can have dinner or before you can close your log. What's your go-to calorie burner?

My go-to burner is walk is a quick twenty minute intense jump roping workout.
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    QOTD Thursday 10/27 - Lets say you have way too many calories and you need to burn a few before you can have dinner or before you can close your log. What's your go-to calorie burner?
    I walk the hood - our neighborhood has hills and flat so it makes a pretty good burner.
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    QOTD 2 or Friday's QOTD ( my bad I forgot, got busy today.) What are some of the best nonexcercising calorie burners you do?
    Mini callenge for today or tomorrow 100 burpees
    my any time nonexercising burner would be mopping the floors (which I hate BTW). My summer time burner would be push mowing the yard and working in the garden (which I love!)
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    QOTD 2 or Friday's QOTD ( my bad I forgot, got busy today.) What are some of the best nonexcercising calorie burners you do?
    Mini callenge for today or tomorrow 100 burpees
    my any time nonexercising burner would be mopping the floors (which I hate BTW). My summer time burner would be push mowing the yard and working in the garden (which I love!)
    Thank you for responding even though it was late. I ad a busy day and I forgot.
  • mariahhatfield
    Options

The elliptical machine. I usually can burn about 300 calories in 30 minutes, so that helps give me a little boost in a short period of time.
  • jnell82
    jnell82 Posts: 136
    Options

That's when my daughters and I havea dance party :) They get to pick whatever music they want and we dance! Not only is it fun, but it works great in a pinch!
  • jnell82
    jnell82 Posts: 136
    Options

Dancing, I dance everywhere...even in the car (shhhh!) I love music and I love to dance. I love even more how much of a calorie burner it is!

Mini challenge will have to wait til the am :) Have a great night friends!
  • ChatSournois
    Options

I would probably stick on the 20 minute Turbo Jam workout and really give it energy!.

Ha,ha, Jnell82..I would say the exact same as you earlier!. I put some loud dance music on and we have a mini disco for the dinosaurs!!. This also involves chasing between the rooms and jumping so I would say it's a good cardio mix, lol.
  • mummy_gerdes
    mummy_gerdes Posts: 336 Member
    Options

hmm good qusetion - probably take the baby for a walk in the buggy!
  • mummy_gerdes
    Options

just going for a walk - i really love to be outside!
  • KatrinaG2012
    KatrinaG2012 Posts: 359 Member
    Options

Zumba, zumba, zumba! I never thought about turning the sound down and putting on my own tunes. Excellent idea!

QOTD 2 or Friday's QOTD What are some of the best nonexcercising calorie burners you do?

Gardening. I love it but sometimes it kicks my butt.
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options

Playing soccer with my son or cleaning... Obviously I prefer plaing soccer with Micah. :)
  • Tiffany517
    Tiffany517 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    QOTD Friday 10/28: In a week where you gain, how do you stay focused and not let it draw you back into giving up?

This week i'm up, and after staying the still within a few lbs over a year and then getting back on track and losing a few lbs i feel discourage... However I keep a journal log of how i feel and with pics and sometimes i refer back to old entries and look and say i have done it before and i can do it now... but it still is hard to stay focused... And thanks to my partner for the great message this morning I am starting to feel a little bit better ... SO thanks Ronda!!! Next week will be better!!! Thanks everyone for the support!!!

Mini Changelle: 50 squats and 50 jumping jacks...
  • NaomiLyn15
    NaomiLyn15 Posts: 388 Member
    Options

Yay for two Thursday questions. I really like these.

Hmmm..... I like to walk the dogs for a little extra calorie burn. I also burn a ton of calories cleaning my house. So. Many. Stairs.

Will have to catch up on the challenges tonight when I get off work. We had errands to run last night, and was at a party the night before. Going to the gym tonight though.
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    QOTD Friday 10/28: In a week where you gain, how do you stay focused and not let it draw you back into giving up?

My approach to losing weight this time around is that requires life style changes. Sometime you will have good days and sometimes there will be bad. My focus is eating healthy not just losing weight. It helps me not to beat myself up for not losing weight.

I agree with Nenabug. Zig Zag'n my calories help with scenarios like this.

Minichallenges
    50 crunches
    25 jump -n- jakes. I'm not very good with these:blushing:
  • NaomiLyn15
    NaomiLyn15 Posts: 388 Member
    Options

This is tough, because I am currently in one of those weeks.....
    I was up two pounds earlier this week, and then yesterday I was just up a pound. Usually I would go to the gym and work harder, but this week I have done the opposite. I have focused on eating within my 1200 calorie limit without going to the gym. I felt like maybe I was eating too much for my body and that was the problem. But, in hindsight the real problem was not really a problem at all. I worked out for 5 days straight without a rest day, and worked out really hard all those days. My muscles retained water, and I felt swollen and bloated from doing too many sit ups. So, I think this time my body needed a rest. When I weigh in this morning I will see if the rest actually helped. Heading back to the gym tonight though either way.

I have only been up a few times in this journey, I often stay the same from week to week..... but, on other weeks I just focus on the gym and the actual foods that I am putting in my mouth. I am an all or nothing type of person, so if I am having a rough week with the scale, then I read fitness articles, read the success stories, go to the gym more and longer, and talk about diet and exercise until I can get past the hump. If I bombard myself with fitness and diet, then I can't get away from it to slack off. :)

Will do the fitness challenges tonight. :)
  • mummy_gerdes
    Options

as i have only been here 5 weeks i havent gained yet. i know it is only a matter of time before i do but i am hoping that when it happens i can look on here and see how much i have lost and realise that i can do it!

of course you will all help aswell! lol.

claire. xxx
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options

Playing the piano (classical music burns more) Cooking/food prep, making cookies, I didn't realize how much walking I do across my kitchen (which is big) to amke all the cookies and frost them etc... I started wearing my HRM sometimes just to see the effects. SOme things not so much, others were quite a suprise.

That is me this week. Since I have started the fitness challenges 30 day shred and ripped in 30, I have had a hard time staying down. I have maintained my weight since May ( I was recovering from surgery over the summer). Once I could exercise again, I started back with a vengeance. The problem is I am retaining fluid in all my joints and I can have a weight swing of 5 pounds within the week. This is very uncomfortable and makes me want to go back to just doing the elliptical or walking, but I am trying to push through it, knowing that its temporary. I have seen the scale go up and back down so quickly, that as long as I am relitively close to my current maintenance weight, I feel pretty good. After my fitness challenges are over, I will focus again on more calorie control. I guess I just don't multi-task well and exercising the way I am makes me more hungry (double-edged sword)
  • nenabug
    nenabug Posts: 156
    Options

I remember that slow and steady wins the race. It took me 30+ years to get here, so it'll take time to retrain my habits and to get my body to let go. It doesn't like change and letting go of all that extra weight takes a while.

Mini Challenge: 50 squats and 50 jumping jacks - I will do these tonight.
  • RhondaLeeRoss
    Options

Sometimes it just feels easier to give up then to keep pushing on! I know this, I'm the queen of giving up! Or at least I used to be. That is until I found MFP friends! Having this website to go to has been a true God send for me. Just a couple of weeks ago I was in the very same spot that my WONDERFUL PARTNER TIFFANY is in. What did I do? I wrote a little on here and the support I got in return was unreal! So that's what I do to stay focused, I log on and then I go kick some butt!

Stay positive Tiffany, this is only a bump in the road. You are beautiful and you are worth it so NEVER give up!

Great question by the way!