Couch 2 5K

Options
I have been thinking about doing this...I've never been a runner....I think I would really enjoy running, but I have big boobs and it's just tiring :laugh: ...I've been hearing alot about this and would love to hear from you guys has it been effective and if it really works....hope to hear from ya'll :smile:

Replies

• sam__is__healthy
    Options
    I am on week 6 and I love it I was never a runner and am doing my first marathon in late 2012
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I wasn't a runner... not even in highschool. I did it and am now a runner!! I am so happy that I took the time to do the program because it was great. I was trying to become a runner on my own without any sucess. Now I am a running fool with 5Ks planned for each month!! I just did a half marathon on the 16th too!!!! :bigsmile:
  • rcrews4
    rcrews4 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    YES! It is a great program. Just completed it with a friend. We did one 5k in the middle of the program, had to run & walk with a time of 48mins. After we finished, we did another 5k, ran the whole thing and came in around 37 minutes. We don't run fast, but we run the whole time. I would definately recommend finding a friend to do it with you...and stick to it! good luck
  • leslie0422
    leslie0422 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I completed C 25 K last month. I really enjoyed it. It was challenging but not so difficult that I ever wanted to give up. And I lost weight during that time frame because I was burning so many calories running/walking. I also noticed that my legs toned up alot and my endurance increased greatly. I highly recommond this ap.
  • Jones4177
    Jones4177 Posts: 136
    Options
    I've never been a runner either. I"m on Week 2 Day 3 and feeling great about it. Its tough at first but gets better.
  • joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I always wanted to run, too. I took a chance and tried the c25k. I finished week 7 today. I found the program to be too easy for me and "ditched" it about two weeks ago. Last Wednesday, I ran a total of 5k with no problem. I have signed up for my first 5k race next month. You might want to look around for the right program to fit your current fitness level. I didn't realize there was more than one c25k program and started the first one I found on line. Good luck to you and HAVE FUN!
  • kyrstensmom
    kyrstensmom Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I just (literally 20 minutes ago) finished Week 3. I love this program and I can't wait to finish it so I can start training for longer distances.
  • KiyaK
    KiyaK Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 4. Have tiny, little boobs, so I can't help you on that aspect. Some of my friends with bigger boobs wear two really supportive sports bras, and they say it helps.

I'm NOT a runner, but C25K slowly increases the length of your running sections. I have enjoyed it, as I am training for a Warrior Dash (5k) next summer. I don't know if I could stick with it without the goal of a race at the end (I am REALLY not a fan of running). If you do it, don't worry about how fast you are running. Just complete the program focusing on just getting through, no matter how slow or fast you are. You can always increase your running speed once you've completed C25K.

Good luck!!
  • TaraMKL
    TaraMKL Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I wasn't a runner and tried it 3 years ago. It was PERFECT for me. I still remember, and always will - the day I really DID go from running 8 minutes to running 20 minutes. (I planned to just do 12 minutes because that seemed more reasonable to me, but got to 12 and was like hmmmm - I bet I could do 15. Got to 15 and no way was I stopping until I got to 20!)

Amazing to see what your body is truly capable of! I've kept running since then and this year I even ran two 10K's - over 6 miles!! Crazy!!!! It also is what really jumpstarted my weight loss. I combined my running with a strength training program and I would HIGHLY recommend that.

Go for it! I will also say that if you need to repeat a week, repeat a week. It's YOUR program. :)
  • patricac
    patricac Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I completed C25K in March of this year. I've never been able to run before and now I'm training for a half-marathon. Never thought that was possible, but here I am! For the big boob problem, you can try to wear two sports bras. I found that to help me a little. Or you will need to invest in a good sports bra to hold the girls down.
  • TaraMKL
    TaraMKL Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Oh, and i did the Robert Ullrey (sp?) free podcast from the coolrunning website. It was GREAT to not watch the clock but just wait for this friendly little man in my ears telling me when to walk and run. When I started doing the longer runs, I just timed myself with my own music, but that podcast was perfect for me the first few weeks.
  • whitneymws
    whitneymws Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    It's a great program! I did it a few years ago after having taken like 4-5 years off from running. Felt like I needed to start from scratch. It really eases you into it and you can set yourself up for any pace you want! It truly does work if you follow it - I was back running 5k within a few weeks of using the program
  • heatherjames84
    heatherjames84 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info so much.....I hope it works as well for me...:happy:
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    The program is definately doable. I also found a good one on fitness magazine's website. Just type in 5k beginner and you'll find it. I did two 5Ks so far. My time hasn't been the best, but since I've never been a runner, I'm really proud of myself for doing it!

Shannon