Options
    Herb Crusted baked Cod

Serves 4
    Ingredients
    3/4 cup herb-flavored stuffing
    4 cod fillets, each 4 ounces
    1/4 cup honey

Directions
    Preheat the oven to 375 F. Lightly coat a 9-by-13 inch baking pan with cooking spray.

Place stuffing in a sealed bag. Crush until it has a crumb texture.

Brush the fillets with honey. Discard any remaining honey. Place a fillet in the bag of stuffing. Shake the bag gently to coat the cod evenly. Place the fillet on the baking dish and repeat with the remaining fillets.

Bake until the fish is opaque throughout when tested with the tip of a knife, about 10 minutes. Serve immediately.

Nutritional Analysis(per serving) Serving size: 1 fillet
    Calories 169 Cholesterol 49 mg
    Protein 21 g Sodium 162 mg
    Carbohydrate 18 g Fiber 1 g
    Total fat 1 g Potassium 477 mg
    Saturated fat < 1 g Calcium 26 mg
    Monounsaturated fat < 1 g
  • Alexa712
    Alexa712 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Bump............
  • radicalreader
    radicalreader Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Spinach Quiche
    Serves 6 dinner or 8 lunch

1 Pie Crust
    1/2 vidalia onion, chopped
    10 oz frozen spinach (thawed and drained)
    2 Tbl minced garlic
    4 beaten eggs
    1/2 cup greek yogurt
    1/2 cup half-and-half, light cream, or milk
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
    Dash ground nutmeg (optional)
    2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese (about 3 ounces)
    1/2 cup shredded Swiss or Parmesan cheese (2 ounces)

1. Prepare pie crust. Line the unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of foil. Bake in a 450 degree F oven for 8 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for 4 to 5 minutes more or until pastry is set and dry. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
    2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet sauté onion in cooking spray until tender. Add garlic and spinach. Sauté until spinach is wilted and tender.
    3. In a bowl stir together eggs, yogurt, cream/milk, salt, pepper, and, if desired, nutmeg. Stir in onion/spinach mixture and cheeses.
    4. Pour egg mixture into the hot, baked pastry shell. Bake in the 325 degree F over for 45 to 50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. If necessary, cover edge of crust with foil to prevent overbrowning. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
    5. Makes 6 servings. (I will usually eat 1/6 for dinner or 1/8 for lunch. To get nutrition for 1/8, just multiply by .75 or 3/4)

Nutrition based on 6 servings made with 1% milk and Kraft 2% cheddar:
    Per serving ...
    Calories = 267
    Calcium = 39
    Protein = 15
    Fiber = 2
    Fat = 15
    Sodium = 428
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Herb Crusted baked Cod

Serves 4
    Ingredients
    3/4 cup herb-flavored stuffing
    4 cod fillets, each 4 ounces
    1/4 cup honey

Directions
    Preheat the oven to 375 F. Lightly coat a 9-by-13 inch baking pan with cooking spray.

Place stuffing in a sealed bag. Crush until it has a crumb texture.

Brush the fillets with honey. Discard any remaining honey. Place a fillet in the bag of stuffing. Shake the bag gently to coat the cod evenly. Place the fillet on the baking dish and repeat with the remaining fillets.

Bake until the fish is opaque throughout when tested with the tip of a knife, about 10 minutes. Serve immediately.

Nutritional Analysis(per serving) Serving size: 1 fillet
    Calories 169 Cholesterol 49 mg
    Protein 21 g Sodium 162 mg
    Carbohydrate 18 g Fiber 1 g
    Total fat 1 g Potassium 477 mg
    Saturated fat < 1 g Calcium 26 mg
    Monounsaturated fat < 1 g

YUMMY! I've got to try this! :)
  • jkuhn71
    jkuhn71 Posts: 199
    Options
    Protein Pumpkin Muffins (recipe came from Neghar Fonooni's blog @ www.negharfonooni.com):

Wet stuff:
    15 ounces canned organic pumpkin
    2 egg whites

Dry stuff:
    1 cup oats, ground in food processor
    2 scoops vanilla protein powder (this had 23g per scoop!)
    1 tsp baking soda
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1/2 tsp nutmeg
    1/4 cup splenda (you could certainly use sugar or agave nectar if you don't mind the calories)
    Handful chopped walnuts

Mix all that junk up and transfer to a muffin tin coated with nonstick spray, filling each muffin cup about halfway. Put into a 350 degree oven and bake for just 8-10 minutes. Seriously. Did you listen to the part about the rock muffins? They will look like they are undone, but they will settle and be golden outside, moist inside. This mixture made 9 muffins.

JKUHN71's NOTE: I left the walnuts out (I don't care for walnuts) and I substituted 1.5 tsp of pumpkin pie spice for the 1 tsp cinnamon and 1/2 tsp nutmeg. Also - I baked mine in a stoneware muffin pan, so I baked them longer than Neghar suggested (about 13 minutes) and thought they were still a tad underbaked...but I LOVE underbaked things, so it was perfect for me! I wasn't sure how these would taste based on looking at the ingredients, but after tasting them - I thought they were DELICIOUS. Before eating one (or TWO!), I would warm it up in the microwave, cut it down the middle and spread some Philadelphia Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese on it! YUM!
  • jkuhn71
    jkuhn71 Posts: 199
    Options
    Another Neghar Fonooni recipe from her blog (I haven't tried this one yet, but plan to this weekend!). Oh - and if you haven't figured it out, I'm a BIG fan of pumpkin! :love:

Pumpkin Protein Pancakes

1/2 cup organic canned pumpkin
    2 egg whites (1/2 cup)
    1/4 cup water
    1 cup rolled oats, ground into a fine powder (use a food processor or a blender)
    1 big scoop vanilla protein powder (the one I used had 23grams protein per scoop)
    1/4 cup splenda (which you could certainly leave out or substitute-maybe a pinch of stevia?)
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1 teaspoon cinnamon
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    dash of nutmeg (this has a really strong flavor, be careful!)

Put everything in a bowl except the water, and use a whisk to blend at a medium/high speed. Add the water last and plus/minus to get the desired consistency. You may choose to substitute or add ingredients which could possibly call for more or less water. The batch will be pretty thin which is exactly what you want. Coat a pan or griddle (I use a cast iron skillet) with non-stick spray (I use Trader Joe's olive oil spray) and heat to medium. Take care not to make the pan too hot as they will burn...ask me how I know? Use a ladle or large spoon to drop 3-4 inch circles onto the pan. They will not bubble when they are ready to turn, like normal pancakes, so you will need to check with a spatula if they are ready to turn. This batch made 9 pancakes.
  • mk0811
    mk0811 Posts: 10
    Options
    I found a recipe for Snickerdoodle pancakes, and they are SO GOOD!

(Makes about 6 pancakes)
    1/2 cup all-purpose flour
    1/2 tsp baking powder
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1T plus 1 tsp sugar
    1/2 cup plus 2T milk
    1/2 tsp vanilla extract
    tiny bit over 1/16 tsp salt (don’t omit)

Just mix it all together, and fry like a regular pancake. For toppings, you can spread with butter and cinnamon-sugar. Then voila! Your breakfast is served :)

Wow, these sound incredible! Thanks for sharing - will definitely be giving them a try. :)
  • comeback0903
    comeback0903 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    toco dip

1lb extra-lean ground beef or chicken or turkey
    mccormick taco mix
    1 can refried beans
    4 tablespoon light sour cream
    scallions
    1 small bag mexican shredded cheese

make ground beef as instructed in the mccormick package

on a glass pan spread the refried beans, then spread the cooked beef, then add the four tablesppons of sour cream thru out the pan, then spreadthe mexican cheese to cover all the pan then add chopped scallions.

I cut the dip into 6 sections to knowserving size each section was around 368 calories( would be less with ground turkey or chicken)

you could eat it with a handful of tostitos or a wheat tortilla.

I mostly make it as a dip for parties but its also a good meal. My moms invention/recipe I took the time to post the recipe on MFP to get calorie information.

307391_10150276377176121_692191120_7838265_1369172_n.jpg
    I had friends over this day sothe dip was an appetizer and I also made guacamole and chicken and beef fajitas.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    So I modify this:

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1826,153171-230194,00.html

Makes 8 servings, but can easily be halved for 4 servings. Makes great take-to-work leftovers. I also used ground Turkey the other day and it was good. I top with ketchup after cooking. (Cooked ketchup is nasty. That's the way my mother used to make meatloaf).

2lbs 93% ground beef
    2 eggs
    1 and 1/3 cups old fashioned oats
    1 can no-salt add diced tomatoes (not drained)
    1/2 cup onions
    1/2 cup water
    Mrs. Dash
    Garlic

Mix all ingredients (I don't measure the spices but if I had to guess 2 tbsp Mrs. Dash, 1 tsp garlic). Put in well greased 9 x 13in glass pan, cook for an hour at 350.

8 servings

324 calories
    13g carbs
    33g protein
    15g fat
    2g fiber
    191 sodium
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    bump for the salmon recipe

Just to add on here; for most recipes calling for sour cream, cream, milk or mayo you can use non fat greek yogurt. You can use applesauce or pumpkin in place of oils for baking. I would also substitute whole wheat flour or ground oat bran for the all purpose flour. Using Zylitol (or other 0 cal sugars) instead of sugar will also cut down the calories. :smile:
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • hbart500
    hbart500 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Juskaimami
    Options
    Bump for later
  • melbelle32
    melbelle32 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    bump
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
    Options
    For those interested there is also the FOODIES UNITE on the nutrition forum. Let's share too. We believe in real food and enjoy cooking too!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Okay, this was dinner last night. I'm really bad with "recipes" because I don't measure....

Frozen Tilapia fillets - thawed.
    1 can diced tomatoes, drained (I used no-salt, could use fresh too)
    Mrs. Dash
    Garlic
    Dehydrated onions
    Half box (so 7oz?) spaghetti noodles (I used Ronzoni smart taste, could use real whole wheat)
    1/2 cup spaghetti sauce
    1 tbsp olive oil

Pre-heat oven to 375
    Used non-stick spray on glass pan.
    Place thawed fillets in pan, top with about 2/3rd can of tomatoes, garlic, Mrs. Dash, onions.
    Bake for 25 minutes.
    Cook noodles according to package.
    Mix cooked noodles with sauce, olive oil, remaining tomatoes, add some more garlic and Mrs. Dash (or whatever spices you want)
    Serve fish on top of noodles.

I had 2.5 fish fillets, making my servings 570 calories, 59g protien, 15g fat, 51g carbs. Obviously if you use different noodles, sauce, and eat less fish you'll counts will be different.
  • xcjumper
    xcjumper Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Bump to get in my topics
  • hatravers
    hatravers Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    bump
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    HEALTHIFIED BROWNIES

Ingredients:
    1/2 box brownie mix
    1 can of black beans
    1 cup whole wheat flour
    2 tbsp cocoa powder
    1/4 cup sugar

You first puree the black beans. Then mix all other ingredients together. Spray a 13X9 pan, and spread the mixture into the pan. Then follow the rest of the box instructions!

Nutrition facts (based on 20 servings):
    115 calories each
    20 grams carbs
    2 grams fat
    2 grams protein
    1 gram fiber