Things in your life that help motivate you

Options
I'm interested in hearing some of the upcoming things in your life that are motivating you. Especially silly ones, even superficial ones!

For instance, I've just been selected to work a booth at an Arcade and Pinball Expo on Nov. 12th. It's my goal to lose 4lbs by then, which would put me almost at my normal weight (156lbs!) AND mark my 10lb on my weight loss journey since starting MFP, a total of 18lbs this year! I'm not entirely sure if I can pull it off, but i'm pumped to try. I'm under speculation for a possible promotion and I am working a booth with the District Manager of my store. I want to wow him by luring a decent side crowd to our booth and showing him that I am bubbly and capable of building rapport with possible clients. I think this would make me more confident and comfortable in my skin.

It feels ridiculous to come out and say that this is motivating me, but it really is!

So tell me, what are your reasons?

Replies

• fordster99
    fordster99 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Something that motivates me is keeping pictures of myself at my highest weight on my fridge. Natural appetite suppressant.
  • bethmakesmusic
    bethmakesmusic Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Last year my sister gave me a beautiful red dress that's too big for her. My goal is to wear it at Christmas and feel like a rock star! So I can stand next to my sister (who is always thinner than me) and feel great!
  • saudade87
    Options
    paddleboarding...
    i want to paddleboard so badly it hurts. i love the idea of just you and the ocean, and it's your body that's carrying you through the water.... i want that strength.
    :)
  • Lacole216
    Options
    For me I guess it's always an upcoming trip. Each time I want to look better in pictures than the last trip lol. I can't wait until I get comfortable enough to wear a 2 piece bathing suit again :smile: