almost half way with pics

Options
Where do I start? I've been overweight my entire life. I can still remember my first day of kindergarten like it was yesterday where one of the other kids called me fat. It was the first time I heard those words, but definitely not the last.

I've figured out many things on my journey. It took a lot of reflecting on why I had been so heavy my entire life. Once I figured it out, the weight has been coming off ever since. I talked with my mom and I asked her why she fed me so much food as a child. I can remember being 10 years old and instead of getting a happy meal from McDonald's I would order a 20 piece nugget, large fry, and large milkshake, and eat it all! There were no boundries on food. There was always junk food in my house and never any fruits or veggies. I had to know why. It turns out that since my mom was 1 of 7 kids growing up on one income that they barely had enough food to feed everyone. Her parents gave each child a certain amount of food and they were not allowed to go in the refrigerator for additional food. My mom told me she weighed just 99 pounds when she graduated high school. After my mom had me, she decided that her daughter would never go hungry like she did. After hearing this story, it still doesn't sit well with me. I can now understand why she did what she did.

I decided on May 15, 2011 (3 months after having my daughter) that I want to live a healthy lifestyle and be a normal weight.

I still want to lose another 30-35 pounds bringing me to the 125-130 range.

I wanted to share my progress with everyone to help inspire and hopefully after hearing my story you will take some time to really think about what got you to the weight that you're not comfortable with. If you have to go back to childhood, it is difficult to talk to parents because you don't want it to sound like you are blaming them, but in my situation I'm really glad that I did.

Good luck everyone on your journey, and hopefully I'll be able to post in another 6 months or so a final picture!

progresspics-1.jpg

first picture - March 2010 ( a couple months before my daughter was conceived )
second picture - January 2011 ( 9 months pregnant)
third picture - October 2011

Replies

• nomoreexcuses121
    Options
  • rachaelmae79
    rachaelmae79 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Holy cow! You are doing great! Are you sure you want to be 125? I think you'll be TOO skinny. :)
  • RuchikaPal
    RuchikaPal Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    oohhh myyy godddd!!!!!!!!!!!!! u luk fantastic.... m feeel so inspired n motivated..... amazing amazing,... congratulations!!!!!!!
  • JulieSD
    JulieSD Posts: 567
    Options
    You're looking so good!!!
  • CrystalFlury
    CrystalFlury Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    My 'story' I guess is similar to yours. I started thinking back to when I was younger (5 or so) and realized that most days while in elementary school my mom gave my sister and me ice cream as a after school snack. I still remember going to Baskin Robbins and getting a sugar cone with 'green' (mint chocolate chip) ice cream. If we didn't go to Baskin Robbins we'd have Blue Bell right from the freezer. I also remember always having an unlimited stock of Coke, Reeses Pieces, and various other unhealthy items. It was from that realization I noticed I was conditioned to thinking sweets were acceptable snacks.

I get where you're coming from and yeah, I agree, it's hard to not blame the parents but who else is there to blame when you've been taught poor eating habits from a young age. Anyway, I'll get off my soap box now.

Congrats on your loss! Keep up the good work and I'm sure you'll be able to meet your goal soon!

P.S. Sorry, I'm not familiar with photobucket, I use Flickr, it's much simpler when it comes to loading pics on here ;-)
  • Soulierl
    Soulierl Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! Fabulous!!! I can't even blame my "before" weight on kids!!! I have dogs!! :happy:

You look fantastic!! - I wouldn't go any lower --- just work to maintain! GREAT WORK!!
  • HealthyEscape
    Options
    Great work! You look fantastic and you must feel even better! Congrats!
  • nomoreexcuses121
    Options
    thanks everyone!
    Here are some more pics that I couldn't get to work earlier.
    I have to lose at least 16 more pounds to have a normal BMI

progresspics2-1.jpg
  • allie864
    allie864 Posts: 298
    Options
    You look incredible!! Way to go!! :flowerforyou:
  • awdhemi
    awdhemi Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    You look great! I can't imagine that you have much more to lose!!!
  • liveinthemix
    liveinthemix Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    WAY. TO. GO. !!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!