New to site and also just went back to WW

Options
DEGiltz
DEGiltz Posts: 297 Member
Hi there. I love this site and am interested in meeting other folks doing WW at the same time. I am a Lifetime Member at WW, who has "fallen off the wagon" a bit, so to speak; ( off the wagon and into the cookies, cakes and ice cream ) Anyhow, really looking to get back on track. I believe 100% in WW, but don't feel a connection with the group meeting I go to. Thanks!

Replies

• rdy2luznow
    rdy2luznow Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I could use some more support too...add me as a friend and we can support each other. :)
  • HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options
    Welcome....I tried WW but I like this much better! No payments..lol...Almost the same tooo...
  • basenji
    basenji Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I just rejoined WW about a week ago but I can't seem to get myself motivated to follow it. Now I'm trying to figure out if I will do WW or just track on here.
  • DEGiltz
    DEGiltz Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I just went back this past Monday, so we're both about a week in. I'm doing both. I've got to keep going to my meetings. I know it works. Not sure I'm lovin' the new points plus program, but that's because I need to re-learn all the points values for things. I'm hoping having weigh in on Monday will keep me out of the Trick or Treat candy over the weekend. Then I will slowly start throwing out candy so the kids don't notice.
  • sabdmoore
    sabdmoore Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am currently following the WW program and logging my foods on MyFitnessPal. I am a Lifetime member that is close to being back at goal. I plan out my 29 points and then log the foods to see how many calories I am eating everyday. I also like to see my sodium intake because I retain water easily. The jury is still out on the Points Plus program. I am hoping the new program enhancements in November will help me get back to goal.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I'm a WW lifetime member with wagon tracks on her back, too. Did WW-at-Work because it was half price and lost 72 lbs in 8 months. Kept it off for two years, but then gained about half of it back and am now fighting it back off again (MUCH harder now that I've turned 50!!!)

But I have to confess I never really did the points thing. I found it easier to count calories. And the meetings. .. well,the public weigh-ins were a motivator, and some of the success stories and tips were nice, but there was way too much whining and self-pity in the group for my taste.

I like the MFP boards better because I can just ignore the people/ topics that annoy me, and focus on the positive and helpful ones!
  • mnkarp
    mnkarp Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm also a lifetime WW member - I rejoined last year and couldn't get into the newer system and the leader offered helpful information but in a way that made me feel like a 1st grader. When I log on MFP I do really well. Now that the food is better (lost 16 pounds) I need to get the exercise piece of the puzzle in there. Please add me and we can support each other!
  • justbeachy01
    justbeachy01 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I used to do WW, but stopped because of the money issue. I found the online part of WW helped me more than the actual meetings (other than the weigh ins), so MFP has been a great alternative!