Introduction....duh

Options
Lainn
Lainn Posts: 281 Member
Well obviously I am new to MyFitnessPal. Just thought I would stop by and say "howdy!".

I am a 29 year-old wife and mother. I was once a thin thing...and then kids happened. I gained 80lbs with my first, but lost 100lbs after I had her. I managed to keep it off till a year before I got pregnant with my second. I had some serious health issues, including a breast cancer scare, and kinda gave up caring if I was healthy or not. I gained 40lbs before I got pregnant and then another 45lbs while pregnant. I never really lost it after that :( With my 3rd pregnancy I managed to only gain 16lbs, but I started out very overweight. I have managed to lose 35lbs since giving birth...but have totally stalled out. I first used the excuse that I was nursing and so I needed to consume the extra calories, but now that my daughter only nurses a few times a day I realize that I have fallen into a rut and a bad snacking habit.

My husband is thin and fit and super healthy. He loves me the way I am and constantly tells me how beautiful I am...but I know I am overweight, borderline obese, and I want to be healthy. I know he loves me no matter what, but I want to be thin for him and to look the best I can. I also want to teach my daughters good eating habits and I really do not want them following in my footsteps.

Ok so that was longer then I meant it to be....oops.
-Lainn

Replies

• rsratkie
    Options
    Isn't funny how we lose perspective as we gain weight? I was a healthy eater and very fit before the birth of my daughter. I am tall and big boned. A size 12 is perfect on me. After I had her, I was down to a size 14 in a month....but depressed that I could not fit into my old pants. So I just let it go....in 10 years I gained a woppin 75 lbs. A size 18 was starting to fit snug when I decided to do something about it. I hadn't realized what I was doing to myself. Candy bars daily. A bag of chips would be gone in one sitting. Fried, processed and sugary foods were my primary diet. You have a journey in front of you. But you will enjoy the outcome. make sure to make a diary of you success.
  • Lainn
    Lainn Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    You are preaching to the choir lol. Just last night I sat down to veg with the hubby and ended up eating like a ton of candy. Went we went to bed I decided I had had enough. I just hope I keep up with this thing. My husband has promised to help me stay motivated and keep up with it. So there is that.
  • amybell68
    amybell68 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I wish I could say I gained my weight when I got pregnant but I can't, I actually lost weight....35 pounds, because I was so sick through out my pregnancy so I have no excuses!! I can only blame my self!! The best I ever felt was right after I gave birth I was about 45 pounds lighter than when I got pregnant to funny, but did I keep it off....NO!! And now my daughter is 11....so I can't even lie about it! lol anyway Its a journey and a choice and I am going to make good choices!!
    Thanks for sharing your story!! and Being friends! :)