What to be for halloween? Help me decide.

Options
Izable2011
Izable2011 Posts: 755 Member
Rule #1: I don't want to spend more then 10-15 dollars.
Rule #2: It has to be appropriate and not bloody b/c I'll be wearing it at work.

Other then that .... help me decide please. :)

Replies

• lambeas
    lambeas Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    last year my sister went as a paper-bag princess

took a lawn bag turned it inside out, cut holes for arms, put a cute waist belt, heels & dollar-store crown & wand- she was cute & comfy all night
  • Izable2011
    Options
    Ha! I like that idea. :) Thanks.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    The basics always work. A pair of cat ears and a black feather boa for a tail. Use a little eyeliner to color your nose and whiskers.

If you have any craft stores nearby, they have their Halloween stuff on clearance. Joann Fabric had theirs at 60% off.
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same spot as you - I'm costume-less but HAVE to dress up at work and I don't want to spend more than 15 bucks.

looking forward to reading responses :)
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    SIMPLE & FREE COSTUME ANYONE CAN WEAR:

Open your kitchen cupboard. Grab a pot that you can comfortably put on your head. Congratulations. You're a pot head.
  • Izable2011
    Options
    ROFL.. at the pothead response.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Crazy Cat Lady

You can get most of this at a dollar store. At least 4-5 stuffed animal kittens, shower cap, curlers, box of 9-Lives, some kind of bagged snack like Chex Mix or pretzels, and safety pins.

Pin the kittens to a bathrobe or pajamas, wear the cap & curlers, empty box of cat food (maybe check with a local shelter if they'd want the contents, or dump it in your yard and birds, squirrels and stray cats will eat it), and stick bag of Chex Mix inside. Carry around the box and nibble out of it on occasion.
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Tie a leaf to a string and wrap it around your mouth, now breathe.....congrats, you're a leaf blower
  • Izable2011
    Options
    Crazy Cat Lady

You can get most of this at a dollar store. At least 4-5 stuffed animal kittens, shower cap, curlers, box of 9-Lives, some kind of bagged snack like Chex Mix or pretzels, and safety pins.

Pin the kittens to a bathrobe or pajamas, wear the cap & curlers, empty box of cat food (maybe check with a local shelter if they'd want the contents, or dump it in your yard and birds, squirrels and stray cats will eat it), and stick bag of Chex Mix inside. Carry around the box and nibble out of it on occasion.

This is brilliant!!! I might try this one.
  • Izable2011
    Options
    Tie a leaf to a string and wrap it around your mouth, now breathe.....congrats, you're a leaf blower

Now that's funny! See I like these cheap funny costumes. ☺
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Jesus costumes are always my favorite.
  • kristilovescake
    Options
    Crazy Cat Lady

This is brilliant!!! I might try this one.

I like this one too! Plus I have 2 cats so....
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Im in the same predicament atm. =/
    I normally rely on ann summers for my costume, but they dont have any sexy ones this year...
    Infact havent really been able to find any really sexy outfits anywhere.
  • kristilovescake
    Options

Funny, but super cheesy! I think too cheesy for me to even consider :laugh:
  • Izable2011
    Options
    lol! I thought the ceiling fan idea was a funny one. I love cheesy so that works for me. :)
  • Lstrhi
    Lstrhi Posts: 132
    Options
    a lolcat complete with funny saying on a piece of poster board, devil in a blue dress (devil horns and a blue dress, obv.), wayne from wayne's world (works better with a garth though).... under the weather (cloud cut out and stuck on a headband, just wear pjs)

thats all i can think of atm
  • Izable2011
    Options
    a lolcat complete with funny saying on a piece of poster board, devil in a blue dress (devil horns and a blue dress, obv.), wayne from wayne's world (works better with a garth though).... under the weather (cloud cut out and stuck on a headband, just wear pjs)

thats all i can think of atm

Under the weather! What a cute idea. :)