New You for the New Year Challenge- A 12 Week Personal Chall

Options

Replies

• shickam062604
    shickam062604 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Yes! This an open challenge.:smile: Glad to have you.
  • ansleya
    ansleya Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Well, I didn't get my water done but...I lost 4.5lbs! So I am happy with that. Gotta keep on myself about the water!
  • normusnonaliam
    normusnonaliam Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    You guys are doing great! I'm down .3 lbs. Baby steps! Haha. I'm hoping to step it up this week.

Still concentrating on drinking water and getting my work outs in.
  • MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    You guys are seriously doing amazing!!!!!:flowerforyou: Everyone is losing weight (except for me- doh:grumble: ! )

I am so happy for everyone!!!:drinker:

Week 3 Challenge: Work out at least 30 mins a day

Week 3 Personal Reflection:
    1) What do you do when you lack motivation to continue? When you have “cheat meals” that turn into “cheat day(s) or weeks”?

2) Who do you go to for support and motivation?

~Michelle
  • MiniMichelle
    Options
    Here is the link for the 12 week challenge image:- CHANGE THE IMG to img (lowercase)

NewYou2.jpg
  • impudentputz
    impudentputz Posts: 479 Member
    Options

1) What do you do when you lack motivation to continue? When you have “cheat meals” that turn into “cheat day(s) or weeks”?

Sounds like a good challenge, however, i missed yesterday so what ill do is move that to 45mins a day until monday.

Week:3 Challenge: work out 45 mins a day

1)Not to toot my own horn, but i honestly havent hit the "I dont wanna" days yet. And my cheat meals.. i plan out my meals way to specifically to cheat. However, i know that once i do eat the wrong way, i will definitely be reminded about it the second i have to log it into MFP. So that will be my way to realize what im doing and stop it.
    2) All of my MFP friends are my support program, ive noticed im more into losing weight this time, cause if i dont , it feels like im letting down everyone and not just myself!
  • DisneySkaGirl
    Options

Sounds like a good challenge, however, i missed yesterday so what ill do is move that to 45mins a day until monday.

Week:3 Challenge: work out 45 mins a day

1)Not to toot my own horn, but i honestly havent hit the "I dont wanna" days yet. And my cheat meals.. i plan out my meals way to specifically to cheat. However, i know that once i do eat the wrong way, i will definitely be reminded about it the second i have to log it into MFP. So that will be my way to realize what im doing and stop it.
    2) All of my MFP friends are my support program, ive noticed im more into losing weight this time, cause if i dont , it feels like im letting down everyone and not just myself!

Its always tough when you go to log that "cheat meal" or just a day where you didn't do as well as you'd like. Its okay though! We're all awesome!
  • DisneySkaGirl
    Options
    To respond to the questions:

1) I Have my cheat days (or weeks) mainly when I'm stressed at work. I'm not necessarily an emotional eater, but I tend to not notice so much when I'm bored or stressed that I'm not sticking to the plan.

2) My motivations are my brothers... they are both beasts and workout like maniacs! We have the same jeans, I know I have it in me!
  • judykritikos
    Options
    I'm up for the challenge - but I see week 1 and 2 are already gone and we're at the end of week 3. Guess we just jump on in.
    Name: Judy, San Jose, CA, and I'm on MFP so I know EXACTLY what I'm eating and how I'm doing. Need to know the truth in order to adjust food and exercise.

I'm 5'4", about 160 now, started at 165 about a month ago. Need to weigh in since I haven't done so in 2 weeks.
    My goal is 140 - size 12.

I'll take this challenge: *Drink 64 or more ounces of water (I am NOT a water drinker)

Thanks for the motivation. Always like hearing positive stuff. Judy
  • lqtransformation130
    Options
    Hello, I'm Laquita. The reason I'm on MFP is for motivation and support. I try to get started and never do. There are 2 months left in this challenge and I desire to become more active. i want to become more consistent in my everyday life and develop more positive eating habits. weight: 300lbs. Goal 1: get back to 270lbs. Goal 2: lose 50lbs by next summer. Ultimate goal: develop a healthier me!
    quote: if not now then when:smile:
  • MiniMichelle
    Options
    So far I am FAILING at this weeks challenge :explode: :grumble:
  • impudentputz
    impudentputz Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    So far I am FAILING at this weeks challenge :explode: :grumble:

Just buckle down and do what you can, its just a goal, if you dont hit it , at least get as close as you can! You cant ask more from yourself then you can give. Just do your best and we will be proud of you :)
  • suchaprettyface70
    suchaprettyface70 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I am starting in the middle of week 3, but at least I am starting. I am about to reach 265 which is where I usually freak out and give up. So I am hoping this will help me to stay on track and know I have a little support group out there...

Starting Weight Wk 3: 266.6
  • normusnonaliam
    Options
    Got my workout in and working on my water!

We can do this everyone! Just think how great you'll feel if you lose 5, 10, 15 lbs before the New Year!
  • normusnonaliam
    Options
    OH and the reflection!

1) There are a couple things I do to get motivated. I use visualization a lot. I imagine how I'll look and feel when I get to my goals. I imagine doing push ups. A lot of push ups. I imagine putting on jeans without jumping and wiggling into them :) Sometimes I journal to get motivated. It helps to get thoughts on paper. I read success stories here. I encourage others and I'm in turn encouraged.

2) MFP is a huge source of support for me. It's one of the main reasons I joined. I've had eating issues for a long time and I still don't feel comfortable discussing them with friends and family. But here everyone is working toward the same goals. And everyone is so friendly!

A realization I've had lately is that it may seem like getting in shape and losing weight will take a really long time. But six months will pass whether you're trying to lose weight or not. And if I don't focus on how long it's taking, but the fact that I am finally doing something about it, the time flies :)
  • ddboone
    ddboone Posts: 61
    Options
    I've been hula hooping! Not for 30 minutes at a time, in 5-10 minute intervals. I just keep the hula hoop out in the living room and pick it up every time I walk by or while I'm watching a show. It's so much fun and I'm amazed at how long I can keep it up now. Wonder if I could sneak one into work? LOL. This weekend I plan to do at least two "real" workouts, too.

This is where I am now. I lost 25 pounds relatively quickly and then hit a wall of "I don't want to think about this anymore." So to find my way back, I've been trying to incorporate more fun activities (see hula hoop above), take the dog for a walk, and try to keep at least one foot on the wagon - logging into MFP, eating fruits/veggies and drinking water, and most importantly, weighing myself because seeing the number go back up is enough to keep me from giving up.

MFP has been a great source of motivation. Seeing other people stick with it helps me feel like I can keep going, too. People are not judgmental, I'm just given a little nudge to put the cookie down and pick up the carrot. LOL.

I also keep reminding myself that I'm not on a diet, this is my new way of life. So I didn't eat that great this meal. My next meal will be better and the meal after that.
  • shickam062604
    shickam062604 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Ddboone- nice job hula hooping! I never really could hula hoop. I do like the hula game on wii fit plus. Keep it up!
  • allie0630
    allie0630 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I see that this challenge started two weeks ago but this sounds like a group that would work for me...is it too late?
    If not...
    My name is Allie, from MA and I joined MFP as a way to keep track of my calories because I started working with a nutritionist. I REALLY need help with motivation and staying on track and everyone on this website has been great! I've done WW several times but always seem to "fall off the wagon" and go back to my old habits and then gain all of the weight PLUS more.

SW: 163
    CW: 160
    Goal: 135

My question is... is there an easier way to get to this thread besides looking through Message Boards? Still learning my way around this site.

THANKS!!
  • normusnonaliam
    Options
    I see that this challenge started two weeks ago but this sounds like a group that would work for me...is it too late?
    If not...
    My name is Allie, from MA and I joined MFP as a way to keep track of my calories because I started working with a nutritionist. I REALLY need help with motivation and staying on track and everyone on this website has been great! I've done WW several times but always seem to "fall off the wagon" and go back to my old habits and then gain all of the weight PLUS more.

SW: 163
    CW: 160
    Goal: 135

My question is... is there an easier way to get to this thread besides looking through Message Boards? Still learning my way around this site.

THANKS!!

When you're on the message boards you'll see the links at the top - Home, Recent Posts, My Topics, Signature and Search. Click on my topics and you'll find all the threads you've commented on recently!
  • allie0630
    allie0630 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I love the hula hooping idea! It's fun and exercise...great job!