Biggest Loser Challenge!

Options
All right, I wanted to do my own challenge as one of these got started and puffed out. So starting on Oct 31st (since it is a Monday) and ending the 26th of Dec, I invite you to do a challenge with me. That's 8 weeks, I believe. Who knows, I'm a bit iffy mathematically sometimes. Haha :)

So, what is this challenge you ask? Well, I shall tell you!

It's really a two fold challenge, and I think its really easy!

So, first part. Burn as many calories as you can. Purposeful exercise, like walking or running or jogging, gym, etc. Doing some house cleaning? Sure, count that as long as it's not something you do on a typical basis.

Second part? Lose weight! Healthily, mind you, but as much as you can in this time frame.

Easy right? Yep!

So, how does this translate into a challenge you ask?

Well, we shall make teams. I would like to create teams of 3, as that seems to be a pretty good number. Each team will have a leader, and a wicked cool name (you guys get to pick this) and I'll compile all of this in a file of some sort.

So after this, I want you guys to burn calories! As many as you can in a week, as we will end the week Sunday, tally up the calories for your team (team leader needs these numbers) and then I would like the team leader to send em to me! I'll check them out, put them into a file, and then ONE team will be eliminated if they don't make the cut. Gotta make it a challenge. So for all of the weeks, one team will be eliminated. BUT I wont start this until after the first week, so only 7 eliminations. I want each team to see how they work together and how the other teams work.

So the second part, losing weight. I want each team member to weigh in once a week. Let the team leader know the loss on Sunday, tally em up, and send them to me. Whichever team loses the most weight that week wins. And you win immunity for the next week! Don't slack off though, cause that will work against you.

So, a quick run down. Burn calories to keep from being eliminated. Lose weight to win. Simple enough right?

So, I'd like to start this on Monday. I'd like to have teams made up by Monday. Sign up here if you'd like to do this. I'll close it after I get a number I can handle, And then I will let you know the teams (I'll assign these) and you get to pick a name and team leaders. I'll also be playing! Now, get going guys!

:D

Edited to fix the month. I totally counted, just didn't exactly read. :p

Replies

• galaxyhearts
    galaxyhearts Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    count me in (again!) hahaha
  • RAQUELINATOVAR
    RAQUELINATOVAR Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    me to....count me in.
  • CityOnAHill
    CityOnAHill Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Not to be too picky...but that's not even 4 weeks.
  • musicgirl88
    musicgirl88 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me! I really need something to push me back into this. I have been at plateau forever and then even gained some. Plus a close friend recently died and I've been having a hard time getting back on track!! I am already the leader of my own group I have (20 by 2012) but it'll be nice for me to have to check in to someone else and have the possibility of getting eliminated!!!
  • DrG3n3
    DrG3n3 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Haha. I meant the 26th of Dec. My bad.
  • n3wlif3styl3
    Options
    can I join? I have been watching this season of the Biggest Loser and I love that show!! except they lose weight at a scary rate.
  • StephyGetsFit
    Options
    Count me in. I need something to help keep me accountable these days.
  • lhurtubise
    lhurtubise Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I want in! Although I don't want to be a leader. I am a leader in another challenge and I have enough to keep up with!
  • DrG3n3
    Options
    Looking good so far guys, lets keep em coming. Get those friends to join in, I think I'd like to have 8 or 10 teams of 3 each.
  • ShortayBaybay
    Options
    Count me in:)
  • inlander
    inlander Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I'd love to participate!
  • tbhoover
    tbhoover Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Sounds fun! Count me in :)
  • kbrodzen
    Options
    I have been wanting to join one of these... please please count me in!!!! im all for it!!!! Let me know asap who the teams are!!! btw anyone can add me as a friend.. im always excited for new friends!!! good luck all!! :)
  • kbrodzen
    Options
    StephyGetsFit
    Joined Oct 2011
    Fri 10/28/11 05:18 PMCount me in. I need something to help keep me accountable these days.

I can sooo relate to you .. its like i sign up for challenges and never finish bc no one really looks... this i think will help!!! good luck :smile:
  • ange0628
    ange0628 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Count me in please, anything for the extra motivation!!!
  • reneeileen
    reneeileen Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • ChangingTami
    ChangingTami Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Sounds very inspiring.....count me in please!!
  • DrG3n3
    Options
    Awesome guys! That's 13, counting me, lets see if we can get 17 more! That'll put us at 10 groups of 3!!

I'll close if if we get 17 more (sorry for anyone that posts after I close it, I just need a manageable number) or I will close it tomorrow even if its less than 30 total. Need to get the teams out so you guys can get working on team leaders and names!
  • Seokie
    Seokie Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be included in your challenge! I've been on and off with really exercising and I'm ready to start again and stay on!
  • DrG3n3
    Options
    Awesome guys! Totally looking forward to working with you all for the next 8 weeks (hopefully I got that count fixed this time >.>)

Half way there! I'd like 15 more motivated souls to step on up! Lose weight with us the healthy way!