Slut Files.

Options
elsham
elsham Posts: 549 Member
I'm dying to know.

What's an instant label for slut? Or man-slut? Excessive make-up? Butt hanging out of a mini skirt?

What about behavior wise? Can someone be taken seriously if they sext or flirt excessively or something of the sort?

Replies

• Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    no panties and short skirt/dress
  • jeninabilan
    jeninabilan Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    damn.. I'm screwed.. lol jk ;)
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    A good way to be labeled a slut is to be sexually promiscuous.
  • BattyMama
    BattyMama Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    well crap I'm screwed!! but its oh so fun!
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    "SLUT" in gothic letters tattooed on the lower back. Generally a pretty good indicator.

Or maybe on the abdomen, I suppose.
  • Saksgirl1
    Saksgirl1 Posts: 248
    Options
    How about your name tatt'd on your *kitten* so guys can remember your name during sex?

TRUE STORY! I actually knew a girl who did that!
  • Bikini_Bound150
    Bikini_Bound150 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I am SO CURIOUS to know why you are asking this question :laugh:
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    If I don't know someone personally, I may think by how they act and dress that they are "slutty."

If I know someone has been around a lot and slept with people's boyfriends, then they're probably a slut.

ETA: I agree, odd question! :laugh: I'm sipping on a cocktail so I'm inclined to answer any random post.
  • krypt5
    krypt5 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Women gets too easily labelled as sluts. Women who sleeps around is a slut, but men aren't.
  • Jessamin
    Jessamin Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Honestly, there is nothing that boils my blood more than the word 'slut'.

Like ghosts and souls, I don't believe sluts exist. Whomp.
  • beeny83
    beeny83 Posts: 61
    Options
    Men are players not sluts, well in oz that's what we call a male slut. A male who plays games and flirts with many women with the goal if getting as many of them as possible into the sack.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Honestly, there is nothing that boils my blood more than the word 'slut'.

Like ghosts and souls, I don't believe sluts exist. Whomp.

Agreed. If you don't care about how your actions affect others, that makes you an *kitten*. Slut? What's that?
  • elsham
    Options
    I am SO CURIOUS to know why you are asking this question :laugh:

I'm procrastinating.
    But since you asked...on the train ride home today I was watching this guy check out this girl in a mini skirt, and I started to wonder what was going through his head (besides the obvious). And then I wanted to know what made a girl a slut in the eyes of a guy.

If I was a guy I don't think I'd judge by clothing, but more by how the girl carries herself. Her body language, eye movements, what she's doing, etc. would say so much more than what she's wearing. I knew an organic chemistry TA who dressed and acted very unprofessionally, but she had a PhD in chemistry and could explain concepts really well. Every time I judge by clothes now, I remember her and stop myself from judging. (Yes, I judge sometimes. Don't pretend you don't.)

Also, when a guy flirts with me or something and seems like a pro at what he's doing, chances are that he flirts with everyone, and that's a major turn off. Is it the same for guys? Do they get completely turned off when this happens to them?
  • Jorra
    Options
    I knew an organic chemistry TA who dressed and acted very unprofessionally, but she had a PhD in chemistry and could explain concepts really well. Every time I judge by clothes now, I remember her and stop myself from judging. (Yes, I judge sometimes. Don't pretend you don't.)

She could have a PhD and still be sexually promiscuous? Is intelligence a factor in slutitude?
  • ACowboyKid
    Options
    Yo momma.
  • pain_is_weakness
    pain_is_weakness Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Women gets too easily labelled as sluts. Women who sleeps around is a slut, but men aren't.

thank you for being the one and only man I know who knows this and is proud to admit it!
  • elsham
    Options
    I knew an organic chemistry TA who dressed and acted very unprofessionally, but she had a PhD in chemistry and could explain concepts really well. Every time I judge by clothes now, I remember her and stop myself from judging. (Yes, I judge sometimes. Don't pretend you don't.)

She could have a PhD and still be sexually promiscuous? Is intelligence a factor in slutitude?

It shouldn't be, but that doesn't mean it isn't. And there is a difference between being sexually promiscuous and just plain old unprofessional.
  • Jorra
    Options

It shouldn't be, but that doesn't mean it isn't. And there is a difference between being sexually promiscuous and just plain old unprofessional.

Very true. Given the professors I've had over the years, the more unprofessional they dress, the more brilliant they are. I tend to have a different expectation than you did.
  • Wpbarr
    Wpbarr Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    "Slut" is a label for people, invented by people not getting enough. It's a term of jealousy and in some cases, outright envy.
  • Leanne1795
    Options
    The original meaning of the word was " A dirty, untidy woman". Someone who didn't do her housework I guess. Now it seems to mean all manner of things.