poll: skydiving

godblessourhome
godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
would you did it/have you done it, yes or no?

Replies

• Alycra
    Alycra Posts: 88 Member
    I want to. It is my goal reward for finishing my Masters thesis :)

My husband... he won't even talk to me about this. :P
  • Emberlure
    Emberlure Posts: 33 Member
    One of these days I will .Husband too.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,066 Member
    I think I'd wanna try one of those wind tunnel thingies to see if I liked the freefall before jumping out of a perfectly good plane. :D
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    OMG Y E S!! Can't find anyone to do it with me, they're a buncha ... hmm... sissys.
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    When I reach my goal weight, hell yea!:drinker:
  • chickenpoppa
    chickenpoppa Posts: 207 Member
    i wanna do it but my partner isnt too thrilled about it lol
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Yes I so want to. My brother and my husband want to also, but so far nobody has taken the steps to get the ball rolling.
  • Seraph1120
    Seraph1120 Posts: 194 Member
    I absolutely would!! A couple of my cousins went sky diving a few times, once for one of their bachelorette parties. They were wanting to get their skydiving license. I'd so be up for it, even if it's just once. It's a bit costly for my budget though.
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Side note... was flipping through the channels last night because I am an insomniac and stopped on SpikeTV aka the man channel. This one show "Manswers" had something about people "doing it" while skydiving.... ummm doesn't sound safe....
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Nope! I see no reason to leave a perfectly good airplane. By the same token, I see no reason to fly away from a perfectly good bit of ground.
  • Juliealittle
    Juliealittle Posts: 22 Member
    Been there, done that! My husband and I went skydiving last year for our 19th anniversary. It was a lot of fun, but to be real honest, I was a little disappointed that it wasn't more exciting. :smile: I was expecting that scary feeling in the pit of your stomach like when you go down a roller coaster, but there isn't that feeling at all! I'd go again in a second!
  • abyssfully
    abyssfully Posts: 410 Member
    Done it =) One of the greatest, most euphoric feelings ever!
  • Can't wait to do it!
    Hopefully this coming up summer...
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    It's on my list....takes money though :/
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    I want to try it, my guy doesn't. We agreed that when I get to my goal weight I get to push him out of the plane. With a parachute of course! At my current level of plateau I would guestimate it will happen spring/summer 2013.:laugh:
  • Juliealittle
    Juliealittle Posts: 22 Member
    It IS pretty pricey, but we got a half-price deal with Living Social or Groupon or one of those services. So if you are interested in doing it, watch for a special deal. Also, the company that we did it with runs specials throughout the year...so watch the website of your local skydive shop. Your first dive will be tandem (you are attached to an experienced instructor) so you don't have to worry about when to pull the chute or anything. You just are along for the ride. I think 220 pounds was the max weight so as long as you are below that number, you are good to go!
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    i went indoor skydiving, but would never do the real thing *___* i would probably pass out and obv not pull the string....
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    I will do it eventually. I have always wanted to.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    I would never do it. I'd either have a heart attack on the way down or something would go wrong and I'm slam into the ground going about a million miles per hour. :frown:
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    I think I'd wanna try one of those wind tunnel thingies to see if I liked the freefall before jumping out of a perfectly good plane. :D

that sounds like a good idea. I'd probably freak attempting to jump out of the plane