Is workout wear getting too "sexy"

Options
13»

Replies

• bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I'd have to say, my workout wear is far from sexy! ha ha
    Same here. I will match them and I'll usually wear a tank top of some sort, but no short shorts or sports bra only here.

Yeah, I typically wear what I'm wearing in my profile picture, or a pair of loose-ish fitting yoga pants on the bottom.

During the summer I saw some almost naked girls running around (there are a LOT of runners around here - saw 11 within half an hour a couple days ago. Yes, I counted). Like, they might as well have been running in underwear on the bottom, and with the drenched sports bras due to the 100+ degree weather...??
  • dckim
    dckim Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Is workout wear getting too "sexy"

no. :love:

workout.jpg
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think naked is a good option for work out wear!

This is a horrible idea for several reasons.

snail trails!

Mental image in my head, feeling sick as it is but Bleurgh!!
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Why not?
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I always wear short shorts and just a sports bra, but then again I work out at home, so it's not really a problem. If I was at a gym, I would probably wear something else.
  • cherrieruns
    cherrieruns Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I think that no matter what I wear, when someone sees my shirt drenched in sweat and my workout face I feel like that could be a deal breaker! lol

I've learned over the years that working out is sexy. Period.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    i think a lot of girls who wear skimpy workout clothes are there to pick up hot guys.

Just saying, because Ive hardly seen these girls really breaking a sweat LOL.
  • Biggipooh
    Biggipooh Posts: 350
    Options
    I always wear tight sports clothes. They are very comfortable. For girls, just wearing a braw top and have a nice sixpack? Why not? It looks very good. Maybe some girl are a little jelous?
  • sakamanojr
    sakamanojr Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    SORRY - It is not KILL BILL
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    I always wear tight sports clothes. They are very comfortable. For girls, just wearing a braw top and have a nice sixpack? Why not? It looks very good. Maybe some girl are a little jelous?

I find it a bit goofy when "jealousy" is the first word out of a mouth. I've got pretty decent abs to. But I'm not sure the dude on the bench press needs to see them. lol
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    Tiny shorts, short little bra tops.. how serious can these people be?

I usually wear a sports bra UNDER my bra top. lol

eh. i wear the short shorts, guilty as charged, but i usually pair them with a long top. our gym doesn't allow midrifts to show, plus i never felt comfortable letting it ALL hang out...personally i think the spandex is way worse
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Tiny shorts, short little bra tops.. how serious can these people be?

I usually wear a sports bra UNDER my bra top. lol

eh. i wear the short shorts, guilty as charged, but i usually pair them with a long top. our gym doesn't allow midrifts to show, plus i never felt comfortable letting it ALL hang out...personally i think the spandex is way worse

Let's face it, there are some GREAT workout clothes and some that shouldn't be seen on ANYBODY. lol
    Maybe it's just me...but my gym is full of really creepy people, I just try to ensure that I'm not bothered.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    What is with the workout skirts? I don't have a problem with them or find them overly sexy, I'm just confused as they seem like they would be awkward to workout in.

i love my running skirts! they are super comfy and i feel pretty in it. i have worn one to bikram yoga, but i doubt i would wear them to lift weights.
  • pain_is_weakness
    pain_is_weakness Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I don't really put that much thought into what others wear, I have good friends that look fine in their sports bra and shorts, and I have good friends who look fine in theri tshirt and sweats. I usually wear a sports bra under a tank top and capri type workout pants. the running shirts look very cute and I may get some later.

I won't show up in a nasty tshirt with food on it, but I might wear one that is fitted because I weigh myself there and the thinner shirts and pants help get a more accurate weight. Also, I don't get as hot in them.

I say let everyone wear what they want to wear. It really doesn't bother me in any way so why would I care?
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Nobody has to dress in baggy sweatpants, but nobody needs to wear booty shorts. I saw a girl at the gym wearing a regular bra, and then a sports bra, so her boobs were pushed up, and then didn't wear a shirt out...we're at the GYM for god's sake!!!!