Thanksgiving Day- What are you doing?

Options

Replies

• hockey7fan
    hockey7fan Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I hate, loathe and despise green bean casserole, sweet potatoes with marshmallows, gravy (most disgusting thing on the planet), mashed potatoes, pecan or pumpkin pie and I can't eat stuffing or bread.

Just give me the turkey!!!!!!
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    No idea. Probably just eat food like I would any other day? If I'm invited somewhere I usually attack the veggie tray while I'm waiting for dinner to be ready.
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I will be working on Thanksgiving, so I have no idea what I'll be doing. I'll probably see what my son wants to do, and I'll go by whatever he wants. Even if we get a turkey breast and some vege's, I think that will be good enough for the both of us.....
  • havalinaaa
    havalinaaa Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I want to know what others are planning to do Thanksgiving day?? Are you going to go all out and eat all you want or will you enjoy thanksgiving by eating everything BUT in small portions?? I'm curious.

Nope. I'm eating anything and everything I want and in LARGE portions and I'm not tracking a damn thing. I will wake up the next day with no guilt.

^^THIS^^

Same thing for Christmas and Fourth of July. I will go for a long walk, but that's just something I do with my family. Plus the dog's got to go out no matter what day it is.
  • bjbixler
    bjbixler Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm running a half marathon on thanksgiving day. Then I plan to eat whatever I want and not log a damn thing. Football, wine, pie... It's gonna be a great day!

On black Friday I'll wake up, take a walk, and be right back on track logging food and calories. Pretty sure I'm not gonna undo 56+ lbs lost with one cheat day.

:)
  • Victoriav99
    Victoriav99 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Now that I think about I probably won't keep track I'll just do a quick add for the day and not worry about it. I love that some of you are doing marathons. I might do that. We'll see.
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I am doing an 8K Turkey Trot first thing in the morning with a fellow MFPer! Then my mom will cook dinner and has invited my MFP friend to join us since her family will be out of town
  • gods_gal
    gods_gal Posts: 305
    Options
    I'm actually pretty terrified of the holidays, to be honest with you. I guess I need to come up with a plan.
  • astroub
    astroub Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I am planning to run a 5k first thing that morning and then making good choices the rest of the day!! However, I will have a small piece of pumpkin pie lol!!
  • swimmchick87
    swimmchick87 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    For actual thanksgiving meal, I actually don't really like thanksgiving food. I'll probably eat under my calories that day. For thanksgiving break though, I'm going to stay with my family in my hometown for almost a week, which always ends up in me gaining a few pounds because there are tons of resteraunts I love that we don't have out here and we end up going out to eat all the time, I go to the movies with friends and eat tons of calories there, I don't work out- it's just bad! So this year, I'm going to try setting my MFP to "maintence" for that week (doing the same thing for christmas) which will give me a lot more calories and focus on just not gaining weight.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Nothing. A soldier away from family until Christmas.
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I plan on eating whatever my heart desires. I will not be taking left overs home though unless they are healthy.
  • Jambe
    Jambe Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Having some delicious, deep-fried turkey, portobello mushroom cream casserole and 5 lbs of asparagus drenched in hollandaise.. Mmmmm. And bread. LOTS OF BREAD. Oh, you delicious french bread loaf... how I miss thee.

I'll probably run for a few hours in preparation.
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Well between Thanksgiving Thursday and Friday I will have 2-3 Thanksgiving dinners to go to (my husbands mother's side of the family does theirs Friday afternoon) and Ill have my familys and his dads side the day of one in early afternoon and one in the evening, so I plan to do my regular workouts in the morning and have my regular light breakfast and go moderately with small portions of everything I like and one dessert each day and then call eating quits after my dinners no matter what time it is, Im more worried about Xmas with all my mother in laws homemade fudge and candy
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Nothing. A soldier away from family until Christmas.

ThanK you for your service and time and sacrifice so that we can have the privelige to be with our families, wish you safety and a blessed holiday too as the season comes closer and hope you get to call family at least
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I will be eating smaller portions for thanksgiving . Spending time with family and then going out for a walk also . The holidays are coming up and i am worried also about gaining weight but i am going to exercise every day and i will be fine!
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Eating in moderation, but not logging anything..I may still do my workout!
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Do a workout and then eat what I want in small portions. Don't know if I will log everything. The day is to be enjoyed.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    moderate portions for me. i can't eat as much as i used to!
  • RunningMyButtOff
    RunningMyButtOff Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Last year I stuck to eating a good portion of turkey breast without the skin, lots of veggies, and my mother was nice enough to make me sweet mashed potatoes w/o the butter. I did fruit for desert....and I felt so proud of myself.

Throughout the year I've been able to remind myself of how well I did through the whole holiday season last year and it's been a big motivator..."If I can get through the holidays, I can certainly get through today."

Oh, and I also go on a run on the holidays...this is mostly to help me cope with family stress though!