200 calorie meals

Options
2»

Replies

• vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Guessing you're on 1,200? It get's hard doesn't it.

For breakfast I have oats made with water and half a cup of blueberries - got this off of a friend on here and you don't feel deprived as the blueberries have plenty of flavour. Or I'll have two medium boiled eggs, or 150g Total 0% fat greek yoghurt with a teaspoon of honey stirred in.

Lunch is pretty much the same daily, but is 3 servings of salad veggies and a chicken breast or some tuna or ham.

Dinner I can't help you too much with as I have most of my cals then but I'd be going with stir frys, prawns will come in lower than chicken or you could try a small jacket potato?
  • inHistiming
    inHistiming Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Oven Roasted Vegetables and Chicken

Using any combination bell pepper, onions, eggplant, zucchini, squash, broccoli, etc. chop vegetables into medium sized strips. Drizzle one tablespoon olive oil on cookie sheet. Season with salt, pepper, and rosemary or basil (or whatever your favorite seasonings happen to be!). Place vegetables on sheet and turn with spatula to coat with seasonings and oil. Place two chicken tenderloins (total 4 oz) on sheet and coat as well. Bake in 400 degree oven for about 30 minutes.....maybe a bit less if your vegetables and/or chicken are cut in narrow strips (they may burn if left too long). Serve over brown rice. You may also add some tiny potatoes to your pan and omit the rice. This is very good and I make it often. Even my kids will eat it!

*The protein portion could be beef or fish. Adjust cooking time accordingly.
    ** Serves 1, increase amount of vegetables and chicken to serve more people or to have leftovers.
  • hatravers
    hatravers Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MartiJJohnston
    Options
    Bean burrito:

La Tortilla Factory low carb/high fiber (80 cal)
    Mix can of FF Old El Paso refried beans with Rotel (makes big bowl that is 400 cal and 6-8 servings)
    Light sour cream
    chopped red onion
    jalapenos
    chopped tomatoes
    Sprinkle of RF shredded cheese

Filling and YUMMY!!
  • kikiboniki
    kikiboniki Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    check out hungrygirl.com
  • sw33tn3ss07
    Options
    Yes i have to remain within 1200 calories.. Thanks for the great ideas!
  • Jambe
    Jambe Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Fish filet wrapped in foil, stacked with any veggies you like. Bell Peppers, Asparagus, Zucchini, Serrano Peppers, Half a potato cut up inside.

Sprinkle some Parmesan Cheese on it so it crisps and burns up, making a delicious crust. Add salsa if you like.

Grill it and mmmm!
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti Squash! Eat it as your pasta and dress it up with grilled shredded chicken, monte bene pasta sauce (or other sugar free pasta sauce), fresh basil.

I also use spaghetti squash for soup noodles, so chicken noodle soup, in a veggie soup... It is a great way to stay low cal and low carb.
  • mexy04
    mexy04 Posts: 96
    Options
    Why? How many "meals" are you eating? Even 5 at 200 only adds up to 1000 calories a day.

Right! Thats what I was thinking