Whats your Motivation this November??

Options
Hi Everyone!

I have been on MFP for what, 2 years now? maybe less? I just am starting to get back on track and ready to kick some *kitten* this November!

What is everyones motivation plan for November??

Mine is 3 things: B
1- Being able to go out with my skinny girlfriends confidently and not looking at myself as their "bigger" friend
2- Being able to run a 5k without challenge,
3- Getting into a really good work out/eating routine before the holidays start so I feel more confident and less anxiety about that time of the year =)

Replies

• azeria
    azeria Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Those are some great motivations!

I think I'm going to try to run on my treadmill. I don't even use it now. So, I'll start with walking and then work my way up to run 1 minute... if I can do that one no problem, I will up it to 2 minutes and so on... Along with that, I'll watch the weight slip away... :-)
  • thedodgeruk
    thedodgeruk Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    my motervation is a house mate i got at uni , hes 16 years younger than me and in really really bad shape.
    if , so im using the mind set, i not want to end up like that , which is harsh , but it works :)
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I have a 5K scheduled Nov 19th. I started the training program right at the beginning of October and the race is right at the end of my training, so I will get to see if the work paid off.
  • Michelle_C_
    Options
    My motivation for today is my weigh in day tomorrow... But after that, it's getting to maintainence mode... Only 3 more lbs to go!
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    My motivation is that I am going back to visit family for the Holidays. I moved last Spring and started losing this past Summer. So, no one has seen me in person since I was 200lbs & I want to wow everyone! :smile: Almost 30lbs down now! :happy:
  • docHelen
    docHelen Posts: 198
    Options
    my motivation is my first half marathon in march.....gotta be in good shape before Christmas so the new year training doesn't come as a nasty shock!!!
  • JanaBethSLP
    Options
    Family pictures!
  • jezmarie89
    Options
    Hmm these two pairs of jeans i bout earlier this year. I purposely bout them a cpl sizes small.i can put them on now just want to be more comfy in them
  • leanne2376
    Options
    1. I want to reach 72kg (at 74kg now)
    2. I want to have more knowledge about food and it's effects on my body
    3. In more control over food
  • Kermit1976
    Options
    I want to start walking half marathons again.
    I brought a t-shirt that i want to fit into and look good in it.
    Sick of being the fat one..
    My kids are watching me transform and i want to be a good role model for them.
  • Kphenderson
    Kphenderson Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    My motivation is my ten pound goal. I started back on the site not too long ago and by Thanksgiving I want to be 10 lbs less! I don't live at home so hopefully when they see me it will be some change. 10 lbs isn't much but I'm still excited! Then by the time I go home for Christmas I want to have lost another 10! I'm excited to encourage my family!!!!
  • Julie2402
    Julie2402 Posts: 126
    Options
    my motivation for november is to keep on track and maybe treat myself to a nice top for xmas, something that i want to wear rather than something that i buy to hide the fat.
  • TaraMKL
    TaraMKL Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    1. To keep going with my P90X Lean workout schedule. Day 6 today.
    2. To get that much closer to MEETING my goal at the start of 2012 instead of starting toward my goal then.
    3. To encourage others along the way -- that's what gives me encouragement is seeing others succeed.
    4. To drink. the. dang. water. Why is that so hard??
    5. Try to squeeze in some runs so I don't lose all of my running stamina/mojo.