Why does everything have to be about food???

hmmmm
hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
Gosh I am sooooooo tired of having to explain myself to people. I know this has been posted so
many times but everything my dear boyfriend wants to do has to be about food. AAAAgggghhh I have
explained so many times to him that I really want to lose weight, for myself, for him, for our family. Almost every other night he wants something that is really bad for us both. I can still deal with it most nights by having a regular portion and steaming veggies, or having a salad with it. Although he still gives me a look like- that is all you are going to eat?? The hardest thing though is he always wants to buy me wine, which may be okay if he didn't try to top off my glass until the bottle was finished. I try to compromise with a few shots of vodka added to crystal light or diet soda. but beyond that I would have to save all of my calories throughout the day just for dinner and drinks with him., and probably still go over. I don't think I have ever had someone so against me like this...it is so frustrating. It feels like I have to not only battle my own demons but his too. In most other aspects we have a great relationship. But since I have met him I gained almost 80lbs!! I would say 25 from each pregnancy and 30 from me acquiring his eating habits. If you have any advice please I need your opinons. Although I would never leave him for this we have good times together, a great family and a whole lot of love. I think I just needed to vent. -Heather

Replies

• hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Gosh I am sooooooo tired of having to explain myself to people. I know this has been posted so
    many times but everything my dear boyfriend wants to do has to be about food. AAAAgggghhh I have
    explained so many times to him that I really want to lose weight, for myself, for him, for our family. Almost every other night he wants something that is really bad for us both. I can still deal with it most nights by having a regular portion and steaming veggies, or having a salad with it. Although he still gives me a look like- that is all you are going to eat?? The hardest thing though is he always wants to buy me wine, which may be okay if he didn't try to top off my glass until the bottle was finished. I try to compromise with a few shots of vodka added to crystal light or diet soda. but beyond that I would have to save all of my calories throughout the day just for dinner and drinks with him., and probably still go over. I don't think I have ever had someone so against me like this...it is so frustrating. It feels like I have to not only battle my own demons but his too. In most other aspects we have a great relationship. But since I have met him I gained almost 80lbs!! I would say 25 from each pregnancy and 30 from me acquiring his eating habits. If you have any advice please I need your opinons. Although I would never leave him for this we have good times together, a great family and a whole lot of love. I think I just needed to vent. -Heather
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    :frown: :flowerforyou:
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Even though he loves you no matter what you weigh, you still need to let him know how much this means to you. I don't have the right words for you to help him understand , but stay strong maybe someone has better advice for you. :flowerforyou:
  • sophialittle
    sophialittle Posts: 344 Member
    honestly, i think you should print this post and use it to start a conversation between the two of you about this issue. it sounds like you really love him, you just feel really unsupported in this one aspect of your life that's very important to you. he needs to know that. maybe it just hasn't occured to him that he's doing this to you! maybe he needs for you to say, "hey, i love you but i need some more support with something." and the light bulb will go off and he'll knock it off! by all means, vent all you want! that's what we're here for, but i think the way you phrased things in your post were very reasonable and a perfect convo starter! good luck! :flowerforyou: