New Recipes each Day

Options

Replies

• KimR87
    KimR87 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Tonight I made Healthy Baked Chicken Nuggets and Baked Chipotle Sweet Potato Fries. I found both of these recipes on skinnytaste.com and im posting them below.

374908_10150909904555691_733955690_21708166_957775948_n.jpg

Healthy Baked Chicken Nuggets

Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 1/4th of nuggets
    Calories: 164.9 • Fat: 4.6 g • Protein: 22.1 g • Carb: 7.7 g • Fiber: 0.9 g • Sugar: 0.1 g

16 oz (2 large) skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into even bit sized pieces
    salt and pepper to taste
    2 tsp olive oil
    6 tbsp whole wheat Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
    2 tbsp panko
    2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
    olive oil spray (I used my Misto)

Preheat oven to 425°. Spray a baking sheet with olive oil spray.
    Put the olive oil in one bowl and the breadcrumbs, panko and parmesan cheese in another
    Season chicken with salt and pepper, then put in the bowl with the olive oil and mix well so the olive oil evenly coats all of the chicken
    Put a few chunks of chicken at a time into the breadcrumb mixture to coat, then on the baking sheet. Lightly spray the top with olive oil spray then bake 8 - 10 minutes. Turn over then cook another 4 - 5 minutes or until cooked though

Baked Chipotle Sweet Potato Fries

Servings: 2 • Serving Size: 1/2 • Old Points: 2 pts • Points+: 3 pts
    Calories: 108 • Fat: 4.7g • Protein: 1.1 g • Carb: 15.8 g • Fiber: 2.0 g

1 sweet potato, (about 5" long) peeled and cut into 1/4" fries
    2 tsp olive oil
    sea salt
    ground chipotle chile
    garlic powder

Preheat oven to 425°.
    In a medium bowl, toss sweet potatoes with olive oil, salt, garlic powder and chipotle chile powder
    Spread potatoes on a baking sheet. Avoid crowding so potatoes get crisp. Bake 15 minutes. Turn and bake an additional 10-15 minutes. Ovens may vary so keep an eye on them and be sure to cut all the potatoes the same size to ensure even cooking
  • KimR87
    Options
    well looks like today I wont have time to actually follow a good recipe but tomorrow ill post my lunch recipe and my dinner recipe to make up for it. I might even post a breakfast one if I decide to make a real breakfast in the morning and not just fruit and yogurt :-)

Edit: I did find a easy recipie im making for lunch from hungry girl ill post it later after i make them
  • KimR87
    Options
    Todays recipe is an easy lunch I found on hungry-girl.com . I made English Muffin Pizzas.

temporary-1.jpg
    Ingredients:

1 light english muffin (like the ones by Thomas' and Weight Watchers)
    2 tbsp. canned tomato sauce; seasoned to taste with salt, pepper, and spices
    8 Slices Hormel Turkey Pepperoni
    1 oz. Shredded Fat Free Mozzarella Cheese

Split english muffin, spread sauce on each half. Top with cheese. Place pepperoni on top (cut pepperoni into small pieces & it'll seem like more). Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes.

Serves: 1
    187 calories, 3g Fat, 875mg Sodium, 24 Carbs, 6.5g Fiber, 2g Sugars, 19g Protein -- 3]
  • melbelle32
    melbelle32 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MrsSmith1112
    MrsSmith1112 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • KimR87
    Options
    :-) thanks guys was wondering if anyone had been watching it the last 2 days tomorrow ill post more since tonight im taking the easy route and and eating turkey burgers but at least i posted a recipe to satisfy the pizza cravings :-)
  • KimR87
    Options
    Didnt get a picture of tonights dinner but I made my husbands favorite its a Honey Chicken Stir Fry. Recipe and nutrional info are below.

Honey Chicken Stir-Fry

1 pound bonless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch pieces
    3 tablespoons honey
    1/8 teaspoon light salt
    1 package (16 oz) frozen broccoli
    Stir-Fry Vegetables
    1 garlic clove, minced
    3 teaspoons olive or canola oil, divided
    2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
    1/8 teaspoon pepper
    2 teaspoons cornstarch
    1 tablespoon cold water
    Hot Cooked Rice

In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken and garlic in 2 teaspoons oil. Add the honey, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until chicken is lightly browned and juices run clear. Remove and keep warm In the same pan, stir-fry the vegetables in remaining oil for 4-5 minutes or until heated through. Return chicken to the pan; mix well. Combine corn starch and cold water until smooth; stir into chicken mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1 minute or until thickened. Serve over rice.

Serves: 4
    Calories: 437 per serving
    Carbs: 60 per serving
    Fat: 5 per serving
    Protein: 34 per serving
  • KimR87
    Options
    Dont have a picture of lasts night dinner either but the recipe is below I havent entered everything in yet for the nutrional values so I dont have them

Chicken Enchilada Casserole

10 Large Burrito shells, low fat or fat-free
    1 10oz can enchilada sauce
    1 10oz can healthy request cream of mushroom soup
    1 10oz can healthy request cream of chicken soup
    1 8oz bag fat free shredded cheddar cheese
    2 pounds boneless-skinless chicken breast cooked and diced
    fat free sour cream (optional)

Mix soups and enchilada sauce and set aside. Tear burrito shells into pieces. Place a layer of shell pieces on bottom of casserole pan. Place a layer of soup mixture; then diced up chicken; then add shredded cheese. Repeat layers ending with shells on top. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for approximately 1 hour.

Sprinkle some shredded cheese on top. Garnish with fat free sour cream if desired.

Serves: 12
  • rdy2luznow
    rdy2luznow Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I will have to try the Enchilada Casserole!! Sounds yummy :)

Thanks very much for all your posts/recipes! :)
  • KimR87
    Options
    Your welcome I really need to get back to posting them ill probably start again tomorrow
  • babybellyfat
    babybellyfat Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Mmm I cant wait for the next recipe!
    Your welcome I really need to get back to posting them ill probably start again tomorrow
  • KimR87
    Options
    Thanks for reminding me tonight I just wound up making the Honey Chicken again but tomorrow I will be making Lasagna Cupcakes and ill post the recipe to them when im done :-)
  • lynzy713
    lynzy713 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    bump
  • KimR87
    Options
    going to try to get back into the habit of posting these tonights dinner was lasagna cupcakes.

Lasagna Cupcakes
    temporary-3.jpg

Marinara Sauce, 2 Cup
    Sorrento - Ricotta Cheese Part Skim Milk, 1 cup
    Butterball - Ground Turkey-All Natural, 0.5 container (16 oz.s ea.)
    Kraft Grated Cheese - Reduced Fat Parmesan , 24 TSP
    Kroger - Mozzarella Fat Free Shredded Cheese, 1.75 cup
    Nasoya - Wonton Wrappers, 36 wrappers

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
    2. Brown turkey and season. Drain.
    3. Reserve 6 tablespoons Parmesan cheese and 6 tablespoon mozzarella for the top of you cupcakes. Start layering your lasagna cupcakes. Begin with a wonton wrapper and press it into the bottom of each muffin tin. Sprinkle a little Parmesan cheese, Ricotta cheese, and mozzarella cheese. Top with a little meat and marinara sauce. Use around 1-2 teaspoons of all the ingredients depending on your personal preference.
    4. Repeat layers ending with wonton wrapper on top. Top with reserved Parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
    5. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until edges are brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. To remove use a knife to loosen the edges then pop each lasagna out

The nutritional facts will be a little different for each person depending exactly on the amounts you use. I used about a teaspoon of each one you can check out my diary for the nutrition.
  • cinder701
    Options
    bump
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    I love trying new recipes, thanks for sharing. I am going to be trying several of these recipes the enchilada cassorole and the lasagna cupcakes for sure, and the honey chicken stirfry,
  • KimR87
    Options
    those 3 are definately ones i love. The meatloaf was good but im not a big meatloaf person that was mostly for my husband.
  • KimR87
    Options
    tonights dinner was found on skinnycrockpot.com I made the skinny roast. Sorry for the lack of pics.

Serving Size: 1 cup Calories: 402 Total Fat: 26 gm (This will vary based on the meat you choose) Saturated Fats: 10 gm Trans Fats: 0 gm Cholesterol: 94 mg Sodium: 239 mg Carbohydrates: 13 gm Dietary fiber: 2 gm Sugars: 1 gm Protein: 29 gm Estimated Glycemic Load: 6

Ingredients
    2-1/2 lb. rump roast
    2 tbsp. organic cornstarch (organic to avoid GMO's) or Tapioca starch
    10 cloves fresh garlic (yes, 10!)
    3 large carrots, peeled and sliced
    1 lb tiny potatoes
    2 cups beef broth (The Pacific brand is very healthy)
    1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
    2 tbsp. onion powder
    1/2 tsp. black pepper

Directions
    1.Pour the beef broth into the crock pot and whisk in the cornstarch.
    2.Add all other ingredients, turning them over a few times in the pot to distribute the spices.
    3.Cook on high for 8-10 hours.
    4.NOTE: It's important to know your crock pot. If you've cooked beef in your crock pot before and it has taken a shorter amount of time, check this sooner. (My crock pot is old.)
  • cgHooty
    Options
    what about sodium in these dishes - some are not posted
  • KimR87
    Options
    any specific one?? I can go back and look at my diary for them. The only one I dont have the info for is the enchilada casserole