Delicious low cal high protein soup!

Options

Replies

• sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I live near Austin. Would Mexican Freetail Bats work for this? Do you think there would be a difference in flavor due to the different diet?
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    So seasonal!!!!

Although my bats are pets, so how could I possibly make soup out of them?

muahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

WitchyWoggy

2011-10-29132820.jpg
  • funluvsweetness
    funluvsweetness Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Uggghh. That all makes my stomach queezy. I will stick to chicken and turkey for my protein... or soy. But you all enjoy!
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Do you mean coconut cream or coconut milk? I don't want it to be too sweet.
  • Mikeinstlouis
    Mikeinstlouis Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    OK...I actually just tried this recipe but I substituted the rabid brown Missouri bat for fruit bats and I'll be damned...it is delicious!! I should be losing plenty of weight in no time!
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Oh I'm so glad I found this! Kind of crazy cause this is what I made for dinner tonight!!
    bat.jpg
  • paravision
    Options
    I came here trying to find some good recipes to help improve my eating habits and find posts like this. If this is the type of support that the "community" offers, see ya folks..I am out of here!

http://www.damninteresting.com/the-hazards-of-eating-bats/
    This is the first post I have seen like this. Its a joke. Move on... Besides I (like everyone else) lmao at all the coments.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I can't believe you are serious...

Good!

I am planning on trying this for Halloween night! I'm gonna go batting tomorrow.
  • Littlered9
    Options
    I think I just threw up in my mouth a little. :noway:
  • bjerkins
    bjerkins Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipes and Happy Halloween.
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Uhg! I'm suffering from the stomach flu at the moment....I was able to keep liquids down before I read this....thanks for adding the pics...visuals are always nice....I have to go clean my phone now...lol
  • javamonster
    javamonster Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    You'd think the forum section under which it was posted would be a good clue.....:tongue:
  • _Sally_
    _Sally_ Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    You'd think the forum section under which it was posted would be a good clue.....:tongue:

Actually, your friendly neighborhood volunteer forum moderator recently moved it under chit-chat, fun and games :smile:
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I'm usually not much of a soup person but I must say this looks delicious!
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options

I'm on my phone ...I just clicked on it from the sidebar ....it doesn't list which forum section the post is under, just the title...(I was only joking...it didn't really make me sick) :-)
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    It's upsetting that my delicious recipe was kicked out of the 'food and nutrition' section. I'm sad.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Soy sauce, even the low sodium kind, has too much sodium, so I think I will try it with the coconut cream as well.

Thanks for sharing!
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I came here trying to find some good recipes to help improve my eating habits and find posts like this. If this is the type of support that the "community" offers, see ya folks..I am out of here!

http://www.damninteresting.com/the-hazards-of-eating-bats/

Well if you don't like the idea of Bat Soup, how about some nice Scorpion Soup instead.
    cooking_insects_scorpionsoup.jpg

I don't really like creamy broths...do you have suggestions for anything a little more clear?
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options

Well if you don't like the idea of Bat Soup, how about some nice Scorpion Soup instead.
    coking_insects_scorpionsoup.jpg

I don't really like creamy broths...do you have suggestions for anything a little more clear?

Well how about some Co*kroach Noodle Soup in that case? :tongue:
    10.jpg
  • chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    OOOOH!! Can't wait to try it!! The dog one is served in the asian place up the street!! Awesome